SBI General Insurance Company Limited is one of the most trusted vehicle insurers in India. The company is a joint venture between the State Bank of India and the multinational insurance company, Insurance Australia Group. SBI General Car Insurance offers services across different segments such as retail, SME and corporate segment. The products offered by the company include accident insurance, vehicle insurance, home insurance and health insurance.
The insurance policies offered by the company offer complete peace of mind to the vehicle owners and protect their finances against any losses incurred when their vehicles meet with accidents or are damaged during natural and man-made calamities.
SBI Vehicle Insurance Policies
The vehicle Insurance policies offered by SBI General Insurance are as follows:
- Motor Private Car Insurance – This policy has been designed to provide the compulsory coverage as mandated by the Motor Vehicles Act. It protects the owner of the vehicle against any legal liabilities that can arise when the vehicle damages property or causes bodily injury or death of any 3rd party individual. Vehicle owners can apply for this SBI Auto Insurance Policy online.
- Motor Two Wheeler Insurance – This insurance policy has been designed to meet the insurance-related needs of people who own two-wheelers. Apart from the mandatory insurance coverage, this policy offers vehicle owners with customized pricing, discounts and bonuses. The owners can also opt for additional coverage by paying a higher insurance premium. Besides, the owners can transfer the benefits of no claim bonus when they transfer their auto insurance policy from another company to SBI General Insurance.
Features and Benefits of the SBI Auto Insurance Policy
The features and benefits of the auto insurance policies offered by SBI General Insurance are as follows:
- Enjoy 'No claim Bonus" when you renew the policy, if you do not make any claims during the tenure of the policy.
- Enjoy personal accident coverage of up to Rs 2 lakhs when you opt for this policy and insure your vehicle.
- Get access to other benefits and additional coverage such as Nil Depreciation, NCB Protection etc. by paying a higher insurance premium.
- Enjoy a discount on the premium when you opt for a Voluntary excess, along with a Compulsory Access that is deducted from the payable claim amount.
- Enjoy cashless claims when you get your vehicle repaired at over 1500 authorized garages spread across the country.
- Get access to a simple and hassle-free claim procedure with your SBI Vehicle Insurance Policy.
- Enjoy the flexibility of applying for the SBI Vehicle Insurance Policy online and save a lot of time and effort in the process.
- Avail special discounts while applying for 2-wheeler insurance, if you are in the age group of 25 - 55 years.
Scenarios covered by the SBI Auto Insurance Policy
The SBI Vehicle Insurance Policy covers damages caused to the vehicle by the following:
- Explosion, Fire, Lightning and Self-Ignition
- Natural calamities like Earthquakes, Floods, Lightning, Hurricane, Typhoon, Frost, Hail Storm, Storms, Inundation, Tempest, Rockslides and Landslides
- Theft, Burglary, Riots, Malicious Acts, Strikes and Terrorist Attacks
- Damages caused during transit by rail, inland waterways, road, lift, air, or elevator
Other Products from SBI
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017