The insurance sector in India has been one of early birds to cash on rapid advancement in technology. At the forefront of this revolution is web based services which includes ease of buying and renewing insurance policies online.
Buying a car insurance or renewing online takes minutes. At the end of it, you even get an instant e policy right into your e mail. Oriental Insurance, India’s leading public sector large scale insurer offers salient and proven tools on their website to renew your car insurance. You also have an option of switching over from other insurer to Oriental with little frills.
Oriental Car Insurance Renewal Procedure
This insurer offers appealing discounts on premium for online renewals on the basis of conditions below.
- If the insured is willing to increase the voluntary deductible component in the policy.
- Cars with anti theft devices are eligible for lower premium.
- If there was no claim made in the existing policy which is due to expire, you can claim NCB(No Claim Bonus).
- Is a member of any of the recognised automobile associations in India.
When you get to the renewal page on the insurer’s web portal, there are two options available for car insurance renewal on the same page. One deals with renewal of existing policy with Oriental and the second option leads with renewal of policy issued by a different insurer(Switch over).
Use the appropriate option to proceed with the renewal process. Remember to keep handy, the existing policy details along with bank account/card information before you begin. Follow the “On Screen” instructions to navigate thru the procedure. You will be redirected to a third party gateway page for payment.
After successfully completing the procedure, you will receive an e copy of the car insurance policy for reference. A digitally signed copy will also be mailed to the registered email address. For statutory purpose, a hard copy of the document sealed and signed by the authorised signatory will be posted to your correspondence address.
Oriental Car Insurance Renewal FAQ’S
- What are the different types of car insurance policies available with Oriental Insurance?
- Liability Only Policy - Covers damages/losses to third party property/person only.
- Package Policy - Covers third party liability plus the car insured along with its occupants.
- What if I do not renew the policy within the term. What are my options?
There are two types of insurance policies available.
A fresh insurance can be obtained for expired policies. However, the car unit will be inspected by company representatives before issuing the policy which transpires into additional cost and time. It is highly advised that you keep a track of policy expiry date and renew well in advance.