You have purchased your dream vehicle and an appropriate insurance plan for it. It is important to ensure that you keep the vehicle under the protection of a motor insurance safety net, else you may incur heavy financial losses.
You can renew motor insurance through offline and online modes. Offline purchase/renewal includes buying/renewing insurance from an authorised agent or by visiting the branch office of the insurer yourself. Online purchase/renewal encompasses from the website of the insurance company or through neutral financial websites.
Almost all insurance providers enable you to renew your motor insurance policy online. This is a very easy and convenient way to renew the insurance, and should be opted for as much as possible.
Advantages Of Online Motor Insurance Renewal
Renewing insurance online is highly beneficial to the customer and the insurer alike. The key advantages of buying/renewing insurance online are detailed below:
- The entire process of online purchase of insurance is easy and hassle-free. You can buy/renew your policy in the comfort of your home.
- There is limited paperwork involved in the process of buying insurance online.
- Online insurance purchase/renewal is usually cheaper than offline modes. This is because the insurer does away with distribution and processing costs for online policies. These benefits are passed on to the customer in the form of discounts on insurance. Hence, this is a very cost-effective mode of procuring an insurance cover.
- One of the most significant benefits of renewing insurance online is the fact that the customer can make a well-informed purchase decision. It is possible to read about the various insurance solutions offered by leading insurance providers in the country today. One can also compare the coverage offered by different policies across insurers and tally it against the costs. This way, the customer can arrive at the most appropriate plan for his/her needs. It is possible do all this and even go one step further and purchase insurance plans through neutral financial websites.
- While purchasing insurance online, you get to read reviews from existing customers in the reviews/comments section. This information is very useful as it helps you in understanding the challenges faced by others.
- The after-sales services offered by insurers for online policies are timely and offers you a great level of self-sufficiency. The processes can also be completed quickly in a hassle-free manner.
- In case a customer is not able to buy/renew a policy through the insurer’s website, he/she can opt to initiate a chat with a customer service representative online. Alternatively, he/she can call the insurer’s toll-free number and make a purchase telephonically.
- The online insurance purchase process is highly secure as all insurance companies make use of global security standards for the capture and transmission of data. This ensures that your sensitive information is safe at all times.
How To Renew Motor Insurance Online
As indicated above, to renew your motor insurance policy you will have to visit the website of the insurance company or approach a neutral insurance broking website. The steps involved in motor insurance renewal through an insurer’s website is detailed below:
- Visit the website of the insurance company and click on the menu option pertaining to insurance renewal. You will be taken to a page with an online form in which you will have to update certain details.
- Enter the details of your existing policy, i.e., the policy or proposal number. You will also have to give the last 5 digits of your engine/chassis number. The websites of some insurance companies also allow you to provide the registration number instead of the engine number.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button to view the details of your policy.
- You will find a break-up of the premium amount and the final quote for motor insurance renewal.
- If you agree with the quote, you can proceed to make the payment. Payments are accepted through credit/debit cards or the net banking facility.
- Once the payment is successfully completed, your policy will stand renewed.
The online policy renewal process is very efficient as the issuance of the policy happens instantly. You can also renew insurance in a similar fashion through financial broking websites. Some insurance providers enable you to renew the motor insurance of other companies through their websites. So with the availability of online insurance policies, buying/renewing insurance has become a stress-free activity.
- Bajaj Allianz Motor Insurance
- Bharti Axa Motor Insurance
- Chola MS Motor Insurance
- Future Generali Motor Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Motor Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Motor Insurance
- Liberty Motor Insurance
- Magma HDI Motor Insurance
- National Motor Insurance
- New India Motor Insurance
- Oriental Motor Insurance
- Reliance Motor Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Motor Insurance
- SBI Motor Insurance
- Shriram Motor Insurance
- Tata Aig Motor Insurance
- United India Motor Insurance
- Universal Sompo Motor Insurance