Contrary to prevalent belief, a road trip does not mean getting your vehicle out on a whim and hitting the lane straightaway. There are so many things to take care of and as much if not more groundwork to be completed before you head off.
Please got through the 7 basic checks below before you embark on yet another road trip:
- Do not take your car for granted:
It is quite easy to take the new age car for granted. Most people merely open the door, hop in and when you turn the key, the car springs to motion. Straightforward. However dependability is something that was questionable. But now you can carry required provisions such as jump leads, spare oil and screen wash etc. Regardless of your mechanical aptitude, factors like tire conditions, driver visibility and non-operational flash lights and others that you can keep a check on.
- Keep your Car Insurance Up to date:
Are your insurance papers all in order? According to the Indian traffic law, all vehicle owners should compulsorily buy a third party cover. This will protect you financially and legally in the event of third party injury/ demise or property damage or both. You can opt to buy just a third party insurance or a comprehensive cover.
- Check tires:
Tires should be free from all damage as it plays a crucial role in ensuring the same for rest of the car and those who travel inside. Hefty kerb-bashing can lead to a hairline rupture or bump in the rubber. Feel around the tire surface to ensure that there are none of those. Also make sure that the tread depth is as specified.
- Weather and pressure:
When the climate goes chilly, it can be a wise move to check the pressures as these drop with the temperature variations, possibly leaving your car with lesser braking control and waylaying ability, as well as amplified fuel use.
It is not always about your eyesight. A damage or fissure in the windscreen along the lines of the driver’s vision can cause the feared slip up. Some insurance firms have a windscreen claim feature, which does not increase your premium drastically. Visibility also entails the state of wiper blades and if there is adequate screen wash. Exhaustion of screen wash can be treacherous, particularly on the highways, where muddy spray is kicked up from trucks and other automobiles.
It is pretty simple to check your car lights, yet most folks have zero idea if they are driving around with a single headlight or back light. Remember, not only do you have to see, you also have to be seen. Hence please clean the lenses frequently and well.
- Listen to your car:
Lastly, be attuned to the groans and grunts of your car. Are there any odd bumps or grating sounds coming from your engine, wheels or somewhere else? If it is something you cannot make out, please take it to your workshop and get it checked. The longer you ignore, bigger your bills will be.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Videocon Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017