It is a great idea to organise the interiors of your car on a regular basis. When you do so, remember to always carry the basic essentials that would be useful in unforeseen circumstances like a car-breakdown.
Here is a list of some of the things that you must carry in your car at all times.
- Drinking water
- Food that is free from liquids
- Insurance documents
- Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate
- First-aid kit
This is an essential that must be available to you at all times. Unpredictable weather conditions or traffic jams could extend the time that you spend on the road. So, it is imperative that you carry drinking water in the car. Carrying water can also prove to be valuable during emergency situations like overheating of the car radiator.
Non-perishable dry food items such as chips, biscuits, and nuts are a necessity in all cars. This is particularly useful when you are on long drives with kids in the car.
Your car insurance should always be active and you need to carry a copy of the policy documentation in the car at all times. In case you meet with an accident, or if there is a car breakdown, you will be able to take the vehicle straight to the garage and subsequently claim insurance. Keeping your policy documents in the car also helps in availing Roadside Assistance when you need it the most.
The PUC certificate needs to be carried in the vehicle at all times. Inability to produce this document at the demand of a traffic official could invite penalties to the driver.
A well-equipped first-aid kit is a necessity in every car. Apart from being useful to you and your family, it could also be helpful for an outsider who needs first-aid. The first-aid kit should include the following items:
- Antiseptic bandage
- Antiseptic cream or lotion
- Spirit for cleaning and disinfecting the wound
- Cream for burns and rashes
A power bank is useful for charging your phone on the go. You can conveniently keep the phone plugged in during the journey, and the battery will be fully charged when you arrive at the destination.
Most smartphones today have a built-in torch that can be used during emergencies. However, in case you need to get out of the car and find your way around in the dark, it is better to be equipped with a flashlight.
Also Read About: Important Add On Covers For Car Insurance
Apart from shielding you from the rain, an umbrella is also useful when you have to protect yourself from the scorching sun.
This is essential for the quick cleanup of unintentional spills in the car.
A collection of tyre changing items like a lug wrench, tyre iron, spare tyre, and a tyre jack can be very useful, if always carried in the trunk.
Your car battery would drain out easily if you inadvertently leave the interior lights on for a long duration. In such cases, it is very useful to have a jumper cable and battery booster in the trunk for recharging the battery.
In case your car is stuck in sand and needs to be towed, you can use a towing cable and rope emergency kit. This can be easily stored in the car, and the rope has the strength to support high tension.
A small fire extinguisher can save your life in case of an emergency fire; so it is a vital part of your car. The prices of car fire extinguishers vary based on the volume of the cans.
It is essential to keep your car’s manual in the vehicle at all times. It can be easily stored in the glove compartment, and could come in handy during emergencies.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Videocon Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017