ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd. is a joint venture between ICICI Bank Limited, India's second largest bank with total assets of over USD 100 billion and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, a Canada based USD 37 billion diversified financial services company engaged in general insurance, reinsurance, insurance claims management and investment management. ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd. is one of the largest private sector general insurance company in India with a Gross Written Premium (GWP) of Rs.83.07 billion.
About ICICI Lombard Car Insurance:
ICICI Lombard Car Insurance is one of India’s most recognizable and rewarded car insurance undertakings. A subset of ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd, this car insurance initiative is laced with a number of customer centric features and is highly scalable, cost-effective and in line with the customer’ expectations and limitations. The principal features of this insurance plan include expert 24x7 customer support, roadside assistance, cashless claims at 3,500+ network garages, option to purchase policy online etc.
ICICI Lombard GIC Ltd. is a joint venture between ICICI Bank Limited, India’s second largest bank and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, a USD 37 billion Canadian financial services company. Aside from its usual adherence to quality and professional dealings, the company is also aware of its corporate social responsibility and actively lends its hand to concerns that affect the average Indian vehicle owner. In this regard, ICICI Lombard’s road safety campaigns, inclusive of its ‘Belt Up India’ mobile app and promotional videos that advocate road safety and specifically target kids, have been highly appreciated. All in all, ICICI Lombard Car Insurance goes beyond its tagline and delivers more at multiple levels.
Why Choose ICICI Lombard Car Insurance?
The ICICI Lombard Car Insurance policy is loaded with helpful features and thoughtful benefits that will appeal to the most discerning customer. The various perks of subscribing to the ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Policy are as follows:
- Purchase online with immediate policy issuance.
- Avail cashless servicing at 3,500+ network garages across India.
- Garage Cash Cover: Daily allowance for the times when your car is parked in the garage as part of a scheduled or unplanned servicing routine.
- No Claim Bonus (NCB) : Applies if you haven’t raised a claim through the duration before the current renewal. Also applies if you have migrated your policy from another insurance provider to ICICI Lombard car insurance.
- Roadside Assistance Cover: Quick and convenient roadside support, when your vehicle suffers an unexpected malfunction, is just a phone-call away.
- Zero Depreciation Cover: Avail complete coverage on replaced auto parts with zero deduction for depreciation that results from the natural wear and tear endured by the vehicle over a period of time.
- Discounts on Renewal: 5% discount for specific Automobile Association Members, 2.5% discount on Automobile Research Association of India (ARAI) approved anti-theft devices.
- Accident Cover: Applies to the co-passengers to the tune of Rs.2 lakhs, also coverage against third party liabilities.
- ICICI Lombard Motor Insurance also offers Voluntary deductible (wherein you pay a specific part of the claim and ICICI Lombard takes care of the rest, less premiums),doorstep Surveyor Facility, reminders to help you remember policy renewal dates and towing assistance in case of vehicle breakdown or accidents.
Get More Info On ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Renewal:
Key Highlights & Features of ICICI Lombard Motor Insurance
|Buy Policy Instantly||Simple online option to buy or renew policy immediately. No paperwork or waiting period.|
|Wide Network of Garages||Avail cashless claim at over 3,500+ certified garages across India.|
|Win Big||A No Claim Bonus (NCB) will be awarded to you if you run through the whole policy period without staking a single claim.|
|Relocate conveniently||Transfer all the benefits of your accumulated NCB when shifting from ICICI Lombard to another motor insurance company.|
|Constantly with you||In the case of an accident, we are just a phone call away. Our Roadside Assistance cover help you get the proper assistance, anytime, anywhere. Always be in the loop with our free renewal reminder service. Also, it’s as easy as child’s play to check the status of your claim, online.|
|Additional Perks||We cover as much as Rs.1,500 in towing charges. With the add-on Garage Cash Cover, earn daily conveyance allowance (as much as Rs.500) when your car is in the garage.|
Add-On Cover with ICICI Lombard Motor Insurance:
The ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Policy offers a host of add-on covers that enhance your protection level and reduce your applicable liabilities. These add-on covers are listed below-
- Zero Depreciation: Normally, any insurance payout in response to a claim will deduct a specific amount from the claim amount citing depreciation, or the natural wear and tear of the damaged parts due to aging. This aptly named cover saves you from such deductions.
- Roadside Assistance: A very handy option, this cover helps you through those nagging breakdowns or unfortunate accidents that are likely to affect your vehicle on the road. Roadside assistance can be sought for a maximum of 4 times in a policy year and accounts for such issues as towing, supply of fuel, flat tyres, battery issues, replacement of keys etc.
- Consumables- Accounts for the procurement of consumables that are used in your vehicle and needs replacing after an accident. Consumables include nuts, bolts, grease, lubricants, brake fluid etc.
- Return to Invoice- This ICICI Lombard Car Insurance add-on pays the difference between the Insured’s Declared Value (IDV) and the actual purchase value (as listed on the invoice) of the vehicle, in the case of a total loss or constructive total loss (liability is greater than 75% of the vehicle’s IDV).
- Engine Protect Plus- This covers takes care of the expenses incurred in the repair of the engine, gearbox or differential parts that may occur due to such conditions as the leakage of lubricating oils, water ingression etc., conditions that aren’t usually covered by the primary policy.
- Garage Cash- Daily allowance for the times when your car is parked in the garage for an extended duration of time as part of a scheduled or unplanned servicing routine. Coverage also extends to a lump-sum amount in case of a total loss or a constructive total loss.
- Loss of Personal Belongings- Accounts for the loss of your personal belongings that were in the car, and were deemed damaged or lost due to an accident or theft respectively. To avail the claim amount, a police FIR detailing the loss or theft is necessary as well as Rs.500 will be deducted from your end.
- Key Protect- This ICICI Lombard Car Insurance add-on takes care of the expenses incurred in the repair or replacement of car keys and locks or related mechanisms that are part of the insured vehicle.
What is ICICI Lombard Third Party Liability Motor Insurance Cover?
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is mandatory for every vehicle owner to take third party liability insurance. The act lays down the rule that if there is any damage or loss caused to any third party (person or property) by the insured vehicle, the insurance company must compensate them for the damage. The ICICI Lombard third party motor insurance is designed with the following features to provide the maximum protection.
- This third party liability cover provides protection against any legal liability which may arise due to an unforeseen event and may result in permanent injury / death of a third person or loss to property.
- The ICICI Lombard Third Party Motor Insurance provides a maximum cover of Rs 7.5 lakhs in case of damage to property. In case the accident results in the injury or death of the third person, the policy provides cover for an unlimited amount of liability.
- You must remember that the third party liability cover does not reimburse the expenses borne by you for the repair or maintenance of your vehicle.
A vehicle is like an investment which must be cared for. Choose ICICI Lombard Motor Insurance and rest assured that you will get nothing but the best all-round protection for your car.
Key Benefits of Applying ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Online:
The principal advantages of purchasing the ICICI Lombard Car Insurance online are listed below-
- Hassle Free Process: At the onset, buying or renewing the ICICI Lombard Car Insurance policy online saves time, human effort and the accompanying inputs of money and your fragile patience. Plus, there are no documents to submit or spot- verifications when the policy is purchased online. Hence, in a matter of a few steps, you will be covered by a comprehensive car insurance policy from ICICI Lombard.
- 24x7 Coverage: Online purchase of the ICICI Car Insurance policy allows you to seamlessly transition from your expiring policy to the protective embrace of its capable extension or replacement. The instantaneous policy issue comes with e-copies that can be accessed anytime and printed out.
- 24x7 Support: Procurement or renewal of ICICI Lombard Car Insurance online is accompanied by the company’s brand of superior customer support, applicable 24x7, 365 days a year.
What does ICICI Lombard Car Insurance policy cover?
- Loss or Damage to your Vehicle: The policy covers the loss or damage endured by your vehicle due to the following reasons.
- Natural Mishaps: Fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, earthquake, flood, typhoon, hurricane, storm, tempest, inundation, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, landslide, rockslide.
- Man-made: Burglary, theft, riot, strike, malicious act, accident by external means, terrorist activity, any damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator or air, etc.
- Personal Accident Cover: As part of the overall motor insurance, ICICI Lombard provides personal accident cover in the event of your unfortunate accident while driving. This accident cover can also be extended to passengers, whose number equals the maximum permissible occupancy in the vehicle.
- Third Party Legal Liability: The policy also provides for scenarios wherein your vehicle might have been the cause of/ been part of an accident that resulted in the injury, disability or death of an individual (not directly related to you) or caused damages to a third party property.
- Additional Covers: Herein, additional protection can be purchased for electrical/non- electrical accessories including fog lights, stereo system, mats and seat cover etc. Implementation of bi-fuel injection systems, such as for CNG, can also be covered.
Exclusions - Incidents that aren’t covered by the Policy:
- General and natural ageing that results in wear and tear.
- Damage caused to vehicle when the driver wasn’t carrying a driver’s license, and/or driving under the influence of alcohol or other mood/mind stimulating substances.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown.
- Damage to vehicle by war, mutiny or nuclear attacks.
- Consumables like oil, grease, etc.
- Depreciation in line with the market scenarios and other external conditions.
- Loss of the vehicle or damage incurred that can be sufficiently proven to be deliberate or consequential. Any contractual liabilities are also excluded from the scope of the policy.
Attractive Discounts That Can Reduce Your Cost of Insurance:
ICICI Car Insurance Policy offers a range of discounts that help save your money where premiums and renewals are concerned. The popular applicable discounts are as follows-
- No Claim Bonus (NCB): If you do not raise a claim through a policy year, you are eligible for the No Claim Bonus (NCB). Also, this NCB can be adjusted against your renewal premium in accordance with the applicable ‘No Claim Discount Scale’.
- Anti-Theft Devices: Including approved anti-theft devices in your vehicle qualifies you for a discount upon renewal.
- Automobile Associations: Being part of a recognized Automobile Association qualifies you for a discount upon policy renewal.
- Handicap Discount: If the vehicle is custom made or redesigned to suit a handicapped person, then a discount of 50% on the own damage premium will be allocated to the insured.
- Voluntary Deductions: Herein, you have the choice to contribute first for the agreed settlement for any claim that has arisen due to an accident. Anything beyond this sum of money will be furnished by ICICI Lombard, upto the sum insured or the claim amount, whichever is lower. Voluntary deductions help save substantially on premiums and renewals.
- Third Party Property Damage (TPPD): A discount of Rs.100 applies if you are willing to bear any liability that exceeds Rs.6,000 in situations wherein your vehicle is involved in an accident that is the cause for TPPD. Any amount exceeding Rs.6,000 will be furnished by ICICI Lombard Car Insurance.
Sum Insured with ICICI Lombard Car Insurance:
Every insured car has a fixed value determined to it. The vehicle is assigned with a fixed sum, which is provided in case of any loss, accident or damage to it (as per the conditions of the coverage policy). This fixed sum or value is known as the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the car.
How is the IDV, of an Insured Car Determined?
- First, the total of the insured car’s selling price (as listed by the manufacturer) and the listed price of accessories is calculated.
- From this sum the car’s depreciation value for every year (depending on the schedule provided by the Indian Motor Tariff) is deducted.
- The final figure arrived at is the Insured Declared Value (IDV) .
In case the manufacturer’s listed selling price isn’t inclusive of any electronic/electrical item installed in the car, then the actual value of this item (post depreciation) can be added to the sum insured. This can be done over and above the IDV.
For instance, some cars, on permission from the concerned RTO, are fitted with a bi-fuel system like CNG/LPG and Petro/Diesel. The CNG/LPG kit fitting needs to be insured at an additional premium of 4% (on the value of such a kit). These need to be specifically declared in the proposal form
How To Claim ICICI Lombard Car Insurance:
Raising a claim on your ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Policy is a simple 4 step process as listed below,
Notify the Loss to ICICI Lombard: You can do this by any of the two methods as marked below:
- SMS ‘CLAIM’ to 575758. ICICI Lombard’s customer service representative will get back to you in 30 minutes and ascertain the circumstances surrounding the accident or theft. You will be given a claim number and directed to an appropriate garage.
- Call ICICI Lombard . You will be issued a claim number and directed to an appropriate garage.
- Documentation: Avail the option for free pickup or towing service as offered by select garages. Next, the claim application process begins with a ICICI Lombard customer support manager reaching you for the relevant documents, that also needs to be verified against the originals. These include Registration Certificate, Policy Certificate and other documents as required by the garage (in case of a network garage). If the accessed garage isn’t part of the ICICI Lombard network, then these documents need be submitted to the company’s customer service representative.
- Survey: Experts from ICICI Lombard will survey the damaged vehicle to quote a prospective cost and duration for repairs. The brief will also help you estimate your personal liability against the coverage offered.
- Claim Settlement: Where cashless claims are concerned, the customer is expected to pay the applicable difference in payment (deductible) to the garage before taking possession of the vehicle. In cases of reimbursement claims, you clear the payments with the garage followed by submitting the requisite documents to ICICI Lombard. The latter will reimburse you for the costs incurred.
When you are making a ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Claim after a car accident or after theft of your car, you may be expecting to cover your medical bills, damages, and other costs, using the money that would come in from the claim. But before that, you have to register your claim with the company, as well as provide the required documents. If you submit all the required documents, chances of your insurance claim being approved, is high.
Documents Required To Claim ICICI Lombard Motor Insurance:
For accident claims:
- Duly signed claim form
- Original Estimate
- Vehicle’s RC copy
- FIR on a case-to-case basis
- Copy of Driving License
- First two pages of the Policy copy
- Original Repair Invoice and Payment Receipt. In case of cashless garage service, only repair invoice is required.
- If it is a company registered vehicle company stamp is required.
For Theft Claims:
- In the event of theft of a vehicle, customers must immediately call the call-center and register the claim without further delay.
- Duly signed claim form
- Vehicle’s RC copy with all original keys
- Duly signed RTO Transfer Papers along with Form 28, 29, 30 and Form 35.
- Copy of Driving License
- Copy of the Policy
- Original FIR copy
- Form 29 & 30 are needed in duplicate and Form 28 is needed in triplicate.
- Final no trace report from the police saying that the vehicle cannot be located.
For Third Party Claims:
- Duly signed claim form
- Copy of Police FIR
- Copy of Driving License
- Copy of first two pages of the policy
- Copy of the vehicle’s RC
ICICI Lombard Motor Insurance brings the dual advantage of convenience and comprehensive protection with a host of additional perks. For the busy Indian, this policy presents all the protection and additional benefits that could be expected from a world class private car insurance. Why wait? Apply TODAY!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Can I renew my ICICI Lombard car insurance online?
Certainly. Please login to your policy page and check the expiry date of your current vehicle insurance. You need to renew at least 60 days before the termination date. If your insurance plan has already crossed the said date, request for an authorized ICICI Lombard inspector to come down and inspect your vehicle before the issuance of renewed insurance. The official might also need to verify the necessary documents which you submitted in the beginning.
- Is my No Claim Bonus (NCB) exchangeable or transferable?
[No Claim Bonus or NCB is a considerable rebate in premium offered by most insurance providers if you have been a good driver and haven’t made any claim during a specific duration through the tenure of your policy.]
Yes. Whether you are an existing client of ICICI Lombard motor insurance or would like to change or switch to ICICI Lombard from another insurance provider, you can definitely transfer the NCB you have accumulated from the former company to the new policy within 3 months and vice versa.
- What are the advantages of purchasing vehicle insurance online from ICICI Lombard Car Insurance?
Apart from hassle-free procedures and getting the policy instantly, online purchase of vehicle insurance has added benefits. You escape the stringent documentation. You also get to pick a convenient payment option (Net banking, Debit/Credit card etc). You also get to know about new offers and benefits.
- How do I file for my claim?
Though emergencies leave little room for technicalities and rationality, you have to file for your claim at the earliest. Get in touch with the nearest ICICI Lombard branch by dialing the toll-free helpline number 1800 2666. An official will guide you on registration, which will get you a claim/reference number. Registering your claim online with the ICICI Lombard ‘Lodge A Motor Claim Service’ is even easier though currently this service is only provided for accidental injury claims.
- What are deductibles and how can I know the deductible relevant to cars?
Deductible is part of the total damage cost that you are supposed to bear in the event of a claim. This is deducted from the total sum. ICICI Lombard vehicle insurance policy has an Obligatory Deductible of INR 1,000 (for cars that don’t exceed 1,500 cc) or INR 2,000 (for those beyond 1,500 cc).
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
This Insurance Company has not partnered with BankBazaar.com. For more details, please visit its website/branch office. The trademarks, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective owners.