In India, the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, makes it compulsory to buy a third party car insurance policy. There are basically two types of car insurance policies – third party car insurance policy and comprehensive car insurance policy. The comprehensive car insurance policy provides extensive coverage to the owner. In third party car insurance policies, owners get coverage against any legal liability that is caused to a third party. HDFC ERGO motor insurance policy offers private car insurance with a host of features.
Benefits of HDFC ERGO car insuranceThere are many benefits to buying an HDFC ERGO car insurance such as:
- The policies can be bought and renewed online which makes for a quicker and hassle-free experience
- There is 24x7 support offered for all of your car insurance policy doubts, questions, and requirements. All you need to do is call the toll-free number 1800 2700 700 or email the company at email@example.com
- Lightning fast approval of claims, within 24 hours of the vehicle reaching the garage
- Claim settlement process that is transparent, fair, and fast
- A wide network of cashless more than 5000 cashless garages spread all over India
- For cars that are more than 5 years of age, a discount of 60% is offered
Benefits of renewing HDFC ERGO car insurance policyThe fact that vehicle insurance is mandatory need not be the only reason to renew your HDFC ERGO car insurance policy. Here are some other reasons to do so:
- It provides coverage for the owner in case of any injuries or damage to the car
- It provides coverage that protects against any legal liabilities in case of injuries to a third person or damage to their vehicle, which would otherwise be a huge financial cost to bear
- If you renew your car insurance after a year of raising no claims, you get a discount on your premium on renewal
- Since it is mandatory to have a car insurance policy, not renewing your policy could lead to legal trouble or fines, so the best way to avoid this is to renew your policy on time
Easy steps to renew your HDFC ERGO car insurance policyRenewing your policy is very easy as the entire process can be completed online. Here are the steps:
- Visit the website of HDFC ERGO and navigate to the page for ‘Car Insurance’ and under that go to ‘Instant Renewal’.
- Enter your HDFC ERGO policy number in the box.
- Search for add-on covers that will enhance the coverage that is provided to your car.
- Select the add-on covers that you require.
- Fill in the required details and the premium that you need to pay gets generated and displayed on the screen
- Make the payment with online banking or credit card.
- All You Need To Know Before Insuring Your Car In India
- Looking To Switch Insurance Companies? Read This
- Keep These Points In Mind Before Renewing Your Auto Insurance Policy
- Why Your Car Insurance Claim Was Denied
- Consumables Cover In Car Insurance - Coverage And Claim Process
- The Engine Protect Add-on Cover In Car Insurance Demystified
- Incorporate Changes In Your Car Insurance Policy Through Endorsements
- Why Should You Insure Your Car?
- Saving Money On Car Insurance Is This Easy
- When Should You Get Your Car Inspected?
- How Engine Capacity Of Your Car Is Important In Determining Its Insurance Rate
- When Should You Not Claim Under Your Car Insurance?
- Online Or Offline Purchase Of Motor Insurance - Which One Would You Choose?
- How To Detect Fraudulent Car Insurance Policies
- All You Need To Know While Insuring Your CNG Vehicle
- Points To Note Before Cancelling Your Car Insurance
- What You Should Know About IDV In Car Insurance
- How Insurers Calculate Premiums In India
- Get Adequate Protection Through Car Insurance Add-on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance Customer Care
- Bharti Axa Car Insurance Customer Care
- Chola Ms Car Insurance Customer Care
- Future Generali Car Insurance Customer Care
- HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Customer Care
- IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Customer Care
- Liberty Car Insurance Customer Care
- Magma Hdi Car Insurance Customer Care
- National Car Insurance Customer Care
- New India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Oriental Car Insurance Customer Care
- Reliance Car Insurance Customer Care
- Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Customer Care
- SBI Car Insurance Customer Care
- Tata AIG Car Insurance Customer Care
- United India Car Insurance Customer Care
- Universal Sompo Car Insurance Customer Care
GST Update: GST of 18% is applicable on car insurance effective from the 1st of July, 2017