HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance provides extensive coverage against damage, losses and third party liability. If your vehicle is stolen or meets a mishap on road, HDFC ERGO Car Insurance will ensure that you and your vehicle are covered against all the damage.
Everything about HDFC ERGO Car Insurance can be done online, with a single click of your mouse button – from finding the right insurance plan to renewing car insurance. With HDFC ERGO’s net portal, customers can calculate the premium and choose the right insurance scheme for the vehicle. Also, customers can instantly access details about the insurance plan and renew the car insurance from the comfort of their homes.
Importance Of Timely Renewal Of HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance
The validity of any car insurance policy is limited to a certain period. After this period, the car insurance should be renewed in order to avail all the benefits and coverage that the scheme offers. The insurance should be promptly renewed before it expires or at least by the end of validity. Here’s why you should always renew your car insurance on time.
- If the policy has not been renewed for a considerable time period, you might have to buy a new motor insurance policy altogether to comply with the law.
- Depending on the number of days for which the car was not insured due to non-renewal, you might be asked to pay a penalty.
- If your car does not meet the requirements at the time of renewal, the cost of renewal becomes substantially higher.
- You will not be able to make any desired changes to the policy if the renewal is not done before the end of validity.
- If the policy has expired and is not renewed on time, you will have to pay for all the damages if your car meets with an accident.
How to Renew HDFC ERGO Motor Insurance Online?
Regardless of how the policy was initially purchased, renewal can be done online through HDFC ERGO’s online portal. You can renew your HDFC motor insurance online in three simple steps.
- In HDFC ERGO’s motor insurance renewal page, enter the policy number that is about to expire.
- In the next screen, you will be able to view policy details like vehicle identification details, validity period, insured declared value of the vehicle and claim details.
- Using credit card or bank account, you can instantly make payment and renew the insurance scheme for a selected period.
It is always advisable that you renew car insurance policies on time to avoid hassles in future. Renewing the policy well in advance will also give you the flexibility to make any amends to the insurance scheme if required.