About Bharti AXA Schengen Travel Insurance
The Schengen countries are basically a group of European countries without any border control between them. European countries like Belgium, Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Monaco, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden and the Vatican need Schengen travel insurance with Visa. If visiting the Eiffel tower or watching the Monaco Grand Prix is on your bucket list, you must purchase a comprehensive Schengen travel insurance which will offer you complete peace of mind when you’re on a holiday. Also, a good foreign travel insurance policy will guard you from travel related risks including emergency medical expenses to checked-in baggage loss.
Bharti AXA is the first general insurance company to receive both ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 27001:2005. A leader in general insurance industry, Bharti AXA Schengen Travel Insurance will offer detailed cover against all major travel risks. With over 59 branches in the country and other advantages like easy claims process and online assistance, you need not look further with Bharti AXA travel insurance on your side.
Features and Benefits of Bharti AXA Schengen Travel Insurance
The following features and benefits that accompany Schengen travel insurance offered by Bharti AXA makes it one of the most customer-centric travel insurance policy in the financial market.
- Tailored Needs - Bharti AXA offers tailored solutions to meet different travel insurance needs of the customers. The travel insurance products are exclusively crafted to meet the different travel insurance needs of families and individuals going on an international trip.
- Pre-Underwritten Insurance Products - A customer can choose from an array of plans including SmartTraveller Schengen Silver, SmartTraveller Schengen Gold, and SmartTraveller Schengen Platinum depending on the coverage required. The minimum number of days per trip is 2 days which is extendable to a maximum of 356 days.
- Online Renewal - Bharti AXA travel insurance policies can be renewed easily through the online portal. Also, you can view the policy and get a quick quote online, right from the comfort of your home.
- Hassle-Free Claims Process -With features like online assistance and minimal paperwork, the claims process for Bharti AXA travel insurance is easy and hassle-free.
Types of Bharti AXA Schengen Travel Insurance
Bharti AXA offers the below three different travel insurance products for Schengen countries.
- Smart Traveler Schengen Gold
- Smart Traveler Schengen Silver
- Smart Traveler Schengen Platinum.
These schemes are carefully crafted to offer comprehensive coverage and protection against travel-related risks.
Coverage offered by Bharti AXA Schengen Travel Insurance
The policy inclusions in Bharti AXA travel insurance are as follows.
- Compensation for damage or loss of checked-in baggage.
- Personal accident covering permanent partial disability, permanent partial disability and death.
- Reimbursement for medical expenses including costs for emergency medical evacuation and repatriation.
- In the event of cancellation or trip delay, the expenses will be reimbursed.
- The loss or damage to the contents of the home of the policyholder in India, caused by allied perils, fire and burglary while the insured is abroad on a trip will be covered by the policy.
- In the event of accidental death or permanent total disability while travelling in a common carrier, additional benefit will be provided.
The following risks/claims are excluded from Bharti AXA travel insurance policy for Schengen countries.
- Claims arising due to terrorist activities.
- Loss of documents or passport in public place whilst unattended will not be covered.
- Loss of passport of documents, not reported to police within 24 hours will not be covered.
- Partial loss of belongings in checked-in baggage is excluded.
- Injury caused during participation in hazardous sports/activities.
- Any pre-existing medical condition except in case of a life threatening situation will not be covered.
- Cosmetic surgery will not be covered unless warranted because of a routine medical examination and accident.
Details of Cover offered under each Scheme
|Coverage||Smart Traveller – Schengen Platinum||Smart Traveller – Schengen Gold||Smart Traveller – Schengen Silver|
|Dental Treatment Expenses||€ 500||€ 500||€ 500|
|Accidental Death and Dismemberment - Common Carrier||€ 2,500||€ 2,500||€ 2,500|
|Medical Expenses||€ 100,000||€ 50,000||€ 30,000|
|Personal Accident||€ 20,000||€ 15,000||€ 10,000|
|Compassionate Visit||If the insured is hospitalized for more than 7 consecutive days, the round trip and stay expenses for immediate family members will be reimbursed. In case a family member is hospitalized for more than 7 consecutive days in India, reimbursement of return fare for insured will be provided. The same applies in case of unfortunate event of death of spouse, dependent children or parents.|
|Daily Allowance in case of Hospitalisation||€ 25 per day for 7 days||€ 25 per day for 7 days||Not Covered|
|Total loss of checked baggage||€ 1000||€ 500||€ 500|
|Trip Delay||€ 50||€ 50||NA|
|Missed Connection||€ 250||€ 250||NA|
|Personal Liability||€ 100,000||€ 100,000||€ 50,000|
Loss of Passport and documents
Trip Cancellation and Interruption
|€ 350||€ 350||€ 350|
|Hijack Distress Allowance||€ 75||€ 75||No Cover|
|Home Fire & Burglary Insurance||Rs. 1,00,000||No Cover||No Cover|
Claims Process for Bharti AXA Schengen Travel Insurance
- For emergency services and medical assistance, contact the service provider whose contact will be provided by Bharti AXA.
- While abroad, you can call the Bharti AXA international toll free number for queries regarding claims or for emergency assistance.
- A representative will guide you regarding the claims process.
- To register a claim, download the claim form from the internet portal and attach the documents required and send the claim through fax, email or mail.
Documents Required for Bharti AXA Schengen Travel Insurance Claims
The documents required vary depending on the type and nature of claim. Here are some of the documents that might be asked for during the claims process.
- Duly filled and signed claims form
- Copy of the travel insurance policy certificate
- Original air ticket, boarding pass, copy of passport with visa entry stamp
- Invoices and receipts relating to the claim
- In case of medical emergencies, prescriptions, test reports and original invoices will be asked for.
- In case of loss of belongings, you will asked for police report, letter from the airlines accepting loss or theft.
For a more comprehensive list of documents required, enquire with Bharti AXA before filing a claim.
- Are senior citizens and children covered under Bharti AXA Schengen travel insurance cover?
Yes, children from the age of 3 months are covered. The maximum age for senior citizens is restricted to 85 years. Do enquire with Bharti AXA for travel insurance policies for people over 60 years.
- What is the maximum duration for Schengen travel insurance?
The minimum duration for a Schengen travel insurance policy is 2 days and the maximum duration can be up to 182 days.
- I am travelling to Hungary. Is a Schengen travel insurance necessary?
Yes, Schengen travel insurance is not only necessary but mandatory when travelling to Hungary.
- Can Bharti AXA Schengen travel insurance policy be extended?
No, the policy extension facility is offered only for Non-Schengen policies.
- What kind of medical expenses are covered?
Expenses incurred for the following treatments/procedures are covered.
- In-patient treatment in local hospital and if critical, out-patient treatment costs.
- Pathological and diagnostic tests.
- Life saving emergency measures, emergency medical evacuation and transportation
- Medical treatment for injuries, broken limbs as prescribed by the doctor.
- Dental care including acute aesthetic treatment of teeth or tooth caused as a result of an accident.