Natco Pharma is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies in India. It was established in 1981 in Hyderabad. In the beginning, it operated as a single unit with only 20 employees at its disposal. With its evolvement into one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the country, it has built 5 manufacturing facilities across the globe and currently employs 2500 people.
The market capitalisation as on 13 August 2018 was Rs.14,150.64 crore.
Natco Pharma wealth and Recent Performance
- For the year that ended on 30 March 2018, the revenue generated was Rs. 2242.2 crore.
- The revenue for the financial year 2017 was recorded at Rs. 2078.9 crore.
- The total growth from the financial year 2017 to 2018 was 7.87%.
- The total profit for the financial year 2018 recorded by Natco Pharma stood at Rs. 695.2 crore as compared to Rs. 484.9 crore for the year 2017. This is an increase of 43.37%.
- For the 4th quarter that ended on March 31 2018, the profit was recorded at Rs. 787.9 crore. The profit for the same quarter in 2017 was recorded at Rs. 577.2 crore. Comparing the two quarters, the increase in profit was 36.50%.
- The profit after tax was recorded at Rs. 299.7 crore which was an increase of 69.90%.
Natco stock trends in 2018
- On January 1, 2018 the stock price of Natco Pharma was recorded at Rs. 983.62.
- On 12 January, the stock price rose to Rs.1033.77 before coming down to Rs. 967.36 at the end of the month.
- The stock price of Natco Pharma kept on sliding in the month of February and the value of the stock fell as low as Rs.783.20.
- The stock price saw a brief upturn in the month of February with the price on 19 February being recorded at Rs. 800.74 but it fell again quickly to Rs.797.70 at the end of the month.
- In March, the stock price of Natco Pharma was recorded at Rs.784.51.
- On 8 March 2018, the price of the stock was recorded at a lowly Rs.711.49 which is the lowest it has been for the year 2018.
- After suffering its worst dip in a while, the Natco Pharma stock was on the rise once again with the price being noted at Rs.792.63 on 16 March, 2018.
- At the end of the month of March, the price of the stock was at Rs.755.09.
- April proved to be a good month for people who had invested in the Natco Pharma stock
- The value of the Natco Pharma stock was recorded at Rs.773.60on 3 April, 2018.
- On 25 April, the stock price was the highest for the month. It was recorded at Rs.822.90.
- In May, the trend of the Natco Pharma stock price started at Rs.799.48 and on the 17th of May, the stock price was the highest at Rs.796.32.
- The stock price suffered a sudden dip and on 25 May, the price was recorded at Rs.754.83 which was the lowest for the whole month.
- At the end of the month of May, the price of the stock was recorded at Rs.807.11.
- For the month of June, the highest price of the stock was recorded on 15 June at Rs.831.60.
- The stock price dipped a bit through the next few days but increased again to be recorded at Rs.805.36.
- In July, the stock price did not see much fluctuation until 19 July when the price dipped to a month low of Rs.760.02.
- The price rose again wand on the last day of the month it was recorded at Rs.786.49.
- In August, the highest price of Natco Pharma stock was recorded at Rs.817.75 on the 6th.
Natco Pharma Stock Trends in 2016
- For the first month of the year, the price of the Natco Pharma stock hovered around the Rs.500 mark.
- In the next few months, the price of the stock went down below the Rs.500 mark.
- The price of the stock saw an upturn after the month of July when the stocks crossed the Rs.600 mark.
- The price of the stock for the rest of the months of the year was stable and hovered around the Rs.600 mark.
Natco Pharma Stock Trends in 2017
- he price of the stocks in the first few months of 2017 was the same as how it was recorded at the end of 2016.
- The price of the stocks hovered around the Rs.600-750 mark.
- From the month of March onwards the price of the stock crossed the Rs.750 mark.
- The increase in the stock price continued and in the next few months, the price of the stock crossed the Rs.1000 mark.
- The Natco Pharma stock prices continued to be valued at around Rs.1000 for the rest of the year.
Should you invest in Natco Pharma?
Experts have been cautious about advising in Natco Pharma stocks as the growth is predicted to be 22.02% which is lower than the previous 5 year average earnings growth of 40.01%. However, overall the future for the stock seems positive. If Natco Pharma’s stock trend is observed over the past year, it has seen the highest of the highs after being recorded at Rs.1035.7 and the lowest of the lows when valued at Rs.774.75. This shows that the stock has been volatile which gives the investors an opportunity to invest in the stock when its prices is low. It is advisable for any person who is looking to invest in the stock to wait for the next price drop to take advantage of the stock’s volatility.
Natco Pharma was established in Hyderabad in the 1981. It develops, manufactures and markets materials that are mainly concerned with pharmaceuticals. As of today, the company has multiple research and manufacturing facilities across India and abroad. It has contracts with many other pharmaceutical companies in India. Natco Pharma is one of the leaders in the Oncology segment. The company currently employs more than 3500 people. It has markets in more than 40 countries worldwide. Some of the certifications held by Natco Pharma include:
- WHO Compliant
- Public Health Service of the Netherlands (EUGMP)
- German Health Authority
- PMDA Japan
- COFEPRIS Mexico
- ISO14001:2004 Compliant Environmental Management System
History of the company
- Natco Pharma first started off as a private company under the name Natco Fine Pharmaceuticals limited in 1981.
- On July 1, 1992, the company was deemed public.
- The name of the company was changed to Natco Pharma.on 18 February 1993 when it was issued a certificate of incorporation from RoC Andhra Pradesh.
- On 30 December 1994, Natco Pharma became a public limited company after it was issued yet another certificate of incorporation by RoC Andhra Pradesh.
- The first manufacturing facility was opened in 1988 at Nagarjuna Sagar in Telangana.
- The first chemical division of the company was inaugurated in 1993 in Mekaguda, Telangana.
- Natco Parenterals Limited, Natco Laboratories Limited and Dr. Karanth Pharma Labs Private Limited merged with Natco Pharma to form one single organisation on April 1, 1995.
- The Natco research center for research and development was opened in 1997 in Sanathnagar, Hyderabad.
- In 2003, Natco Pharma launched the oncology division for the treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia under its new brand Veenat.
- In 2007, a dosage facility in Uttarakhand was launched.
- In the same year, Natco Pharma launched a drug named ANDA in the US market.
- In 2009, the company’s turnover reached $100 million for the first time ever.
- In 2013, the company set up its first-ever subsidiary outside India. It was set up in Canada.
- In 2017, Natco Pharma launched the cardiology and diabetology division for India only.
Management of the company
The management of the company is as follows:
- VC Nannapaneni is the chairman and managing director.
- Rajiv Nannapaneni is the vice chairman and CEO.
- PSRK Prasad is the Executive Vice President Corp Engineering Services.
- Dr. Linga Rao is the President, Technical Affairs.
- Vivek Chhachhi is a director.
- TV Rao is a director.
- GS Murthy is a director.
- DG Prasad is a director.
- Dr. Leela Digumarti is a director.
- Dr. MUR Naidu is a director.
Natco Pharma Listings in NSE, BSE, and Indices
The stock of Natco Pharma is available for trading on the two major stock exchanges of India - The National Stock Exchange Limited (NSE) and The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
- BSE: 524816
- NSE: NATCOPHARMEQ
- ISIN Code: INE987B01026
- Sector: Pharmaceuticals and Health Care
The company forms part of important indices such as:
- Nifty 200
- Nifty Full Midcap 100
- Nifty Midcap 100
- Nifty Mid Small cap 400
- S&P BSE 200
- S&P BSE 400 Mid Small Cap Index
- S&P BSE AllCap
- S&P BSE LargeMidCap
- S&P BSE Mid Small Cap
- Nifty 500
- Nifty LargeMidcap 250
- Nifty Midcap 150
- S&P BSE 150 MidCap Index
- S&P BSE 250 LargeMidCap Index
- S&P BSE 500
- S&P BSE Healthcare
- S&P BSE MidCap
The company is listed on:
- Hyderabad Stock Exchange Ltd
- National Stock Exchange of India Ltd.
- MCX Stock Exchange
- The Stock Exchange, Mumbai
Natco Pharma Limited Registered Office and Corporate Headquarters:
Natco House, Road No.2, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500 034, India
Contact number: +91-40-2354 7532, +91-40-2354 5298/23548243
Email ID: www.Natcopharma.com
Natco Research Center: B-11, Industrial Estate Sanathnagar, Hyderabad
Telangana-500 018, India, Phone : +91-40-2371 0575, Fax : +91-40-2371 0578
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds . It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.
The contents of this post/blog does not constitute financial or other professional advice nor does it imply in any manner a principal-agent relationship, and is not a professional advice on a specific financial matter.