Jubilant Life Sciences Ltd. is an integrated global pharmaceutical and life sciences company. The company is engaged in manufacturing and supply of several products related to pharmacy. Jubilant Life Sciences was incorporated in the year 1978 and has its stock listed in both the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
The market capitalisation, as of 10 August 2018, of Jubilant Life Sciences was a little more than Rs.11,500 crore.
Company’s Wealth and Recent Performance
- For the quarter ending March 2018, Jubilant Life Sciences Ltd. reported a consolidated sales of Rs.2,046.29 crore
- The company reported 2.26% rise in consolidated net profit of Rs.152.40 crore for the quarter ending on 31 March 2018 compared to the previous quarter when the company reported net profit at Rs.149.03 crore for the January-March quarter of 2016-17.
- The total revenue from operations stood at Rs.2,251.96 crore for the said quarter compared to Rs.1,641.42 crore during the same period last year.
- A net profit of Rs.634.42 crore was reported for the entire fiscal year as against Rs.574.62 crore in 2016-17.
- The total revenue for operations stood at Rs.7,557.81 crore compared to Rs.6,006.32 crore in 2016-17.
- In a separate filing with the Bombay Stock Exchange, the company said its board has recommended a dividend of Rs.3 per equity share of Rs.1 each for 2017-18.
- The company also plans to invest Rs.500 crore in capital expenditure in 2018-19 along with another Rs.300 crore in research and development during the year.
Jubilant Life Sciences Stock Trends in 2018
- When the market opened for trading on the 1st of January 2018, the stock price of the company stood at Rs.787.40. On the 17th, the stock price rose to touch a monthly high of Rs.924.45 before it ended the month at Rs.913.35.
- On the 1st of February, the stock opened for trading at Rs.919.90 and touched an all-time high of Rs.1,007.40 on the 7th and closed the month at Rs.877.50.
- The stock price on the 1st of March stood at Rs.881.95 which then declined to Rs.795.60 on the 9th, but recovered by the end of the month at Rs.839.45.
- On the 2nd of April, the price of the stock stood at Rs.845.75 before it touched a new low of Rs.764.70 on the 20th; however, it recovered to end the month at Rs.879.60.
- On 1st May, the stock was available for trading at Rs.879.80, with slight variations over the course of the month, it closed at Rs.789.20.
- The stock price stood at Rs.790 on the 1st of June and ended the month at a new low of Rs.697.80 on the 26th. The stock closed the month at Rs.699.15.
- On the 2nd of July, the stock opened for trading at Rs.705.35 and closed the month at Rs.738.90 on the 31st of the month.
Jubilant Life Sciences Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017
- On the 1st of January 2016, the stock price of the company stood at Rs.412 before it closed at Rs.348.50 and on 1st February, the stock opened for trading at Rs.350.30 and ended the month lower at Rs.305.20. On 1st March, the price of the stock stood at Rs.308 and inclined significantly over the course of the month before it ended at Rs.416.85.
- When the stock market opened for trading on the 1st of April 2016, the stock price of the company stood at Rs.419 and closed the month at Rs.399.35. On the 2nd of May, the price stood at Rs.392 and ended the month at Rs.362.65. On 1st June, the stock price opened at Rs.363.05 and declined over the course of the month to end at Rs.314.
- On 1 July 2016, the stock opened for trading at Rs.317 and ended the month at Rs.335.65 and on the 1st of August, the stock price stood at Rs.337 and ended the month significantly higher at Rs.537.75. On the 1st of September, the stock price stood at Rs.541.50 and moved upwards to end the month at Rs.614.30.
- On the 3rd of October, the stock price stood at Rs.660 and closed the month at Rs.687.20 and the price stood at Rs.692.25 on the 1st of November before ending the month at Rs.704.65. On 1st December, the stock price of the company opened for trading at Rs.708 and ended the year at Rs.632.20.
- On the 2nd of the January 2017, the stock opened for trading at Rs.632.70 and inclined sharply over the course of the month to end at Rs.671.40. On the 2nd of February, the price of the stock stood at Rs.700.15 and end at Rs.719.80. On the 1st of March, the price stood at Rs.722.95 and rose sharply to end the month at Rs.799.80.
- When the market opened for trading on the 3rd of April, the stock price stood at Rs.803.80 and closed the month at Rs.771.55. In the month of May, the stock price declined to end at Rs.742.65. On 1st June, the price stood at Rs.750 to end the month lower at Rs.684.65.
- On 3rd July, the price of the stock opened for trading at Rs.689.80 and inclined to end the month at Rs.714.95. The stock opened for trading on the 1st of August at Rs.717 before declining to Rs.633.90 on the 11th; however, it recovered to end the month at Rs.692.35. On 1st September, the stock opened at Rs.704.85 before ending the month at Rs.659.25.
- When the market opened for trading on the 3rd of October, the stock price stood at Rs.671.50 and ended the month at Rs.640.35 and on the 1st of November it opened at Rs.641.80 and closed at Rs.656.70 by the end of the month. On 1st December, the stock opened for trading at Rs.664.95 and ended the month at a high of Rs.788.30.
Should You Invest in Jubilant Life Sciences?
- The company reported 2.26% rise in consolidated net profit of Rs.152.40 crore for the quarter ending on 31 March 2018.
- The net profit was reported at Rs.149.03 crore for the quarter ending on 31 March 2016-17. Its total revenue from operations has increased by nearly Rs.600 crore compared to the previous fiscal.
- The entire profit for fiscal 2017-18, the company has reported a net profit of Rs.634.42 crore compared to Rs.574.62 crore in the 2016-17 period.
- The drug firm’s total revenue during the year increased by more than Rs.1,500 crore compared to 2016-17.
- The leadership team of the firm are well capable of executing strategies and it has managed to keep the stock price of the company on the incline.
- During the last three years, the stock has performed well and has moved upwards when it was Rs.412 on the 1st of January 2016 with the current price trading at nearly Rs.740.
Jubilant Life Sciences Ltd. is a drug firm, incorporated in the year 1978, is a global pharmaceutical and life science company. The firm specialises in manufacturing and supply of APIs, Solid Dosage Formulations, Radiopharmaceutical, among others. The company has its presence in India, USA, Canada, Europe, and other countries. The firm has seven world-class manufacturing facilities in India and four in North America. The company has over 7,600 staffs spread across the globe.
History of the Company
The company was incorporated in 1978 and was promoted by A.B. Bofors, Hindustan Wires Ltd, and Mr. M.L. Bhartia. Presently, the company has got the USFDA nod for generic antifungal capsules and is eyeing to acquire pharmaceutical companies in the US and it recently acquired Radiopharmacy Business in Triad.
Management of the Company
Shyam S Bhartia
Shyam S Bhartia is the Chairman of Jubilant Life Sciences and along with his brother, Hari, are the founders of the company. He is also the Chairman of Jubilant Foodworks Ltd. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in commerce from St. Xavier’s College, Calcutta University and he’s also a qualified cost and works accountant and a fellow member of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountant of India (ICWAI).
Hari S Bhartia
Hari S Bhartia is the Co-Chairman and Managing Director of the company and is also the Co-Chairman of Jubilant Foodworks Ltd. And Chairman of Jubilant Industries. He has an engineering degree in chemistry from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi. In the year 2000, he was conferred the Distinguished Alumni award by his alma mater. He’s also associated in several capacities with the IIT system and with the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India.
Sudha Pillai is the Director of the company and has a post graduate in Psychology (gold medallist), Punjab University and in Public Administration, Harvard University, USA with interest in Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on Employment and Growth, World Food System, Macro-Economic Policy, Equity in Rural Development Policy, Leadership and Mobilization of Group Resources.
Jubilant Life Sciences Ltd. In NSE, BSE and Listings
The equity shares of Jubilant Life Sciences Ltd. Are available for trading on the National Stock Exchange of India and the Bombay Stock Exchange. The codes for trading are as follows:
- NSE Code: JUBILANT
- BSE Code: 530019
- ISIN: INE700A01033
- Sector: Pharmaceuticals
Jubilant Life Sciences Ltd. Stock Indices:
- S&P CNX 500
- CNX Midcap
1A, Sector 16A,
Noida - 201301,
Tel.: +91 120 4361000
Fax: +91 120 4234881 / 84 / 85 / 87 / 95 / 96
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds.It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.
The contents of this post/blog does not constitute financial or other professional advice nor does it imply in any manner a principal-agent relationship, and is not a professional advice on a specific financial matter.