Godrej Industries is part of the Godrej Group. The company operates in five verticals viz, Godrej Chemicals, Godrej Nature's Basket Ltd, Godrej Agrovet, Godrej Properties, and Godrej Consumer Products.
The market capitalisation of the company as on 1 August 2018 is a little over Rs.21,665 crore.
Company’s Wealth and Recent Performance
- Godrej Industries Ltd. recorded a consolidated net profit of Rs.277.09 crore for the Q4 ended 31 March 2018. The company posted a net profit of Rs.95.23 crore in the January-March period a year-ago. The company’s total income during the quarter under review was at Rs.2,657.39 crore as compared to Rs.2,045.96 crore in the corresponding quarter of 2016-17.
- For FY 2017-18, Godrej Industries net profit was at Rs.631.10 crore. In comparison it was at Rs. 458.92 crore in the FY 2016-17. The company’s total expenses for FY 2017-18 were at Rs.2,502.79 crore.The total income of Godrej Industries the entire FY 2017-18 was at Rs.9,968.83 crore as against Rs.8,651.40 crore in 2016-17.
- The board of Godrej Industries recommended a dividend of Rs.1.75 per share of rupee 1 each for the financial year ended March 31, 2018.
Godrej Industries Ltd. Stock Trends in 2018
- The opening price of the Godrej Industries Ltd. was Rs.603 on 1 January 2018 on NSE. It increased by more than 30 points in the first 15 days of the month. However, the price fell by the end of the month and was at Rs.606. The scrip continued to fall throughout the month of February and was down by more than 60 points at Rs.545 on 15 February 2018. It remained stable till the end of the month. By the end of March, the opening price of the scrip was at Rs.540. The scrip gained strength in the month of April by more than 100 points and crossed the Rs.600 mark.
- In May the price of the stock was pretty stable the first 15 days of the month. However, it fell towards the end of the month and was at Rs.583. The scrip again picked up the pace in June and crossed Rs.600 and stayed in that range for the rest of the month. At the beginning of July, the opening price of the stock was Rs.628 and it ended the month at Rs.647.
Godrej Industries Ltd. Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017
- The opening price of the stock on 1 January 2016 was Rs.379 on NSE. The scrip fell by around 35 points by the end of the month and was at Rs.342. The price of the stock continued to fall throughout the month of February. It fell by around 40 points and ended the month at Rs.301. In March, the scrip picked up the pace and increased by about 50 points. The opening price of the stock at the end of March was Rs.366. In April, the stock price changed marginally.
- Things were pretty much the same for the most of the month of May however, it fell by around 10 points by the end of the month. The scrip gained some strength in June and increased by around 65 points and ended the month by Rs.409. The price of the stock continued to soar in July as well. The opening price of the stock by the end of July was Rs.437. In the month of August, the scrip was stable and witnessed change by a couple of points.
- In September, the stock price fell by around 10 points and ended the month at Rs.411. The scrip picked up the pace in the month of October and by 50 points and was at Rs.460 on 20 October 2018. In November, the price of the stock fell in November and ended by 50 points and ended the month at Rs.386. In December, the scrip gained strength and was at Rs.431.
- The opening price of Godrej Industries Ltd. stock on 1 January 2018 was Rs.430 on NSE. It remained stable throughout the month. The scrip gained strength in the month of February and was up by over 90 points in the first 15 days. It was stable for the rest of the month. The opening price of the stock by the end of March was Rs.506. The scrip increased in April by around 40 points and ended the month at Rs.538.
- The price of the stock continued to gain strength in the month of May and increase by more than 50 points. The opening price of the stock on 1 June 2017 was Rs.604 and it was up by around 30 points by the end of the month. This pattern continued in July as well as the scrip crossed Rs.690 towards the end of the month. In August, the stock price fell by around 40 points and ended the month at Rs.624.
- In the month of September, the scrip continued to fall by another 40 points. The opening price of the stock in October was Rs.594 and remained stable for the rest of the month. In November, the scrip fell since the beginning of the month and was at Rs.580 by the end. The opening price of the stock by the end of December Rs.603.
Should you invest in Godrej Industries Ltd.?
- Godrej Industries Ltd. has a diversified product portfolio. The company has been in the business for over 100 years and is a household name.
- The stock price of the company has been stable for the past couple of years. You could invest in the stock of Godrej Industries Ltd. for a long-term. It is strongly advised to do a thorough research before investing money in stock market is risky and uncertain in nature.
The company has operation is India and more than 18 countries and over 1.1 billion consumers all over the world use the company’s products. The Chemical division of the Godrej group is one of the country’s leading manufacturers of oleochemicals (chemicals derived from plant and animal fats). The company’s products are exported to more than 80 countries in Africa, America, Asia, Europe, and Australia. Godrej Nature’s Basket is India’s leading retail destination for exotic vegetables, fruits, and fine foods from across the globe. Meanwhile, Godrej Consumer Products is an emerging markets FMCG leader that deals in products like detergents, soaps, etc. Godrej Properties is a real estate company that has developed projects all over India. On the other hand, Godrej Agrovet is a diversified, Research & Development backed agri-business company, that aims at addressing India’s key agricultural crisis.
Management of the Company
Mr. Adi Godrej - Chairman
Mr. Adi Godrej is the head of the Godrej Family and the Chairman of the Godrej Group. He has been president of several Indian Trade, Industrial Bodies, educational institutions, and associations. Mr. Godrej holds bachelor's as well as master's degrees from the Sloan School of Management at MIT.
Mr. Nadir Godrej - Managing Director
Mr. Nadir Godrej is the Managing Director of Godrej Industries. He has made a valuable contribution for developing other business owned by Godrej such as animal feed, chemical and agricultural input. Nadir is also a Director of numerous firms such as Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, Godrej & Boyce Co Ltd, Godrej Indian Hotels Co Ltd, and Consumer Products Ltd.
Nadir has graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology with a bachelor degree in chemical engineering. Moreover, he completed his masters from Stanford in Chemical Engineering. Nadir completed his MBA from the Harvard Business School.
Listings in NSE, BSE, and Indices
The stock of Godrej Industries Ltd. is available for trading on the two major stock exchanges of India - The National Stock Exchange Limited (NSE) and The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
Sector: Infrastructure - Personal Care
The company forms a part of important indices like:
- Nifty 200
- Nifty 500
- Nifty Full Midcap 10
- Nifty Midcap 50
- Nifty FMCG
- S&P BSE 200
- S&P BSE 500
Godrej Industries Limited
Godrej One, Pirojshanagar, Eastern Express Highway,
Vikhroli, Mumbai - 400079, India.
Phone - +91 - 022 - 25188010/20/30
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds.It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.