Info Edge (India) Ltd. provides information technology services and is involved in online classifieds business. The company is better known for its recruitment-related service vertical - Naukri. Incorporated in 1995, it became a public limited company in 2006. Beginning with a classified recruitment online business, the company has forayed into other service verticals such as 99acres.com and jeevansathi.com, among others.
The market capitalisation of Info Edge (India) Ltd. as on 24 August 2018 was a little more than Rs.19,600 crore.
Company’s Wealth and Recent Performance
- Info Edge India Ltd. reported a 17.3% jump in billing which stood at Rs.283.4 crore in Q1 FY19 compared to last year.
- The company’s net sales (revenue) stood at Rs.259.5 crore, up by 16.7% as against the same quarter in FY18.
- It’s total income was at Rs.283.2 crore, up by 13.8% compared to the same quarter in FY18. The cash EBITDA stood at Rs.112.00 crore, up by 14.2% as against the said period last year.
- The Profit Before Tax (PBT) was up by 12.4% which stood at Rs.102.6 crore over the same period last year.
- The company reported its recruitment segment billing rose by 15% and real estate billing was up by 37% on a year-on-year basis. However, the company’s Jeevansathi business grew by 1%, while its Shiksha business grew by 22%.
Info Edge India Stock Trends in 2018
- The stock market opened for trading on the 1st of January, when Info Edge India share price opened at Rs.1,394.70; however, it lost more than 45 points to close the month at Rs.1,351.55.
- The stock price fell further on the 1st of February to stand at Rs.1,326.85 and the downward trend continued until 7th when the stock closed at Rs.1,172.85. The stock recovered to close the month at Rs.1,282.10.
- On the 1st of March, the scrip rose by more than 25 points to close the day at Rs.1,299.30; however, it lost more than 20 points to close the month at Rs.1,175.40.
- Having lost more than 125 points in the previous month, the stock opened for trading at Rs.1,175.35 on the 2nd of April and gained more than 30 points. By the end of the month, the scrip had increased by 30 points to close at Rs.1,240.85.
- During the month of May, the stock remained steady before losing more than 25 points when it was traded at Rs.1,174.30 on the 17th; however, it rose significantly by the end of the month to close at Rs.1,269.75.
- The scrip opened for trading at Rs.1,260.20 on the 1st of June, but lost more than 55 points to end the day’s trading at Rs.1,216.90. The scrip lost another 40 points to end the month at Rs.1,186.35.
- Rising by 8 points on the 1st of July, the stock closed for trading at Rs.1,194.70. The scrip rallied to touch Rs.1,473.65 on the 25th of the month and closed at Rs.1,366.90 on the last day of the month, gaining by more than 170 points over the course of the month.
Info Edge India Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017
- When the stock market opened for trading on the 1st of January 2016, the company’s stock price stood at Rs.880; however, the scrip lost more than 90 points to end the month at Rs.793.95. The share continue to lose over the course of February to end the month at Rs.700.10 on the last day of trading. On the 1st of March, the stock inclined to stand at Rs.711.20 and gained significantly to touch Rs.828.85 on the 8th of March; however, it lost more than 70 points to close at Rs.766.90 on the last day.
- On the 1st of April, the scrip lost nearly 2 points to end the day at Rs.765.25 and continued to incline to touch Rs.809.05 on the 22nd before it declined to end the month at Rs.751.75. The stock lost another point to close at Rs.750.50 on the 2nd of May; however, it rose over the course of the month to end at Rs.806.60. In June, the scrip remained stable and gained more than 30 points to close the month at Rs.826.30.
- The stock increased by more than 25 points to close the day’s trading at Rs.854.10 on the 1st of July. By the end of the month, the scrip had lost more than 2 points to end at Rs.818.15. On the 1st of August, the company’s stock had lost another 10 points to close at Rs.808.20 only to gain towards the end of the month to be closed for trading at Rs.823.50. In September, the scrip opened at Rs.836.25 and rose to end the month at Rs.849.95, up by nearly 14 points.
- In October, the stock price of the company opened for trading at Rs.851.85 and rose significantly by more than 145 points to close for trading at Rs.983.85 on the 6th and ended the month at Rs.902.10. The scrip continued to rally upwards in November, when it ended at Rs.970.55 on the 1st before it declined to end the month at Rs.897.60. In December, the stock on the 1st stood at Rs.899.90 and dropped to touch Rs.818.30 on the22nd before recovering to end the month at Rs.895.90.
- Trading of stocks began on the 2nd of January 2017, when the company’s scrip stood at Rs.890.25 by the end of trading and declined further over the course of the month to close at Rs.824.00. On the 1st of February, trading of the stock closed at Rs.833.50 and remained stable during the month. By the end of February, the stock was at Rs.856.85. On the 1st of March, the scrip fell by 10 points to end the day at Rs.846 and lost more than 45 points by the end of the month to close at Rs.801.20.
- The scrip rose by nearly 20 points on the 1st of April to stand at Rs.820.15 and gained further 24 points to be traded at Rs.854.90 on the 11th of the month; however, the scrip lost nearly 20 points by the end of the month to close at Rs.835.55. On the 2nd of May, the stock end the day at Rs.845.75 and increased considerably towards the end of the month to stand at Rs.914.10. In the month of June, the stock rallied upwards to gain more than 120 points to close the month at Rs.1,034.15.
- The scrip remained stable over the course of July, when it opened at Rs.1,035.25, but lost more than 40 points by the end of the month to close at Rs.993.90. On the 1st of August, the scrip opened for trading at Rs.994.00 and rose to touch Rs.1,040.60 on the 8th before it declined to end the month at Rs.962.25. In September, the stock opened at Rs.950.95 and it rose to touch a new high of Rs.1,189.65 on the 15th and closed at Rs.1,105.60 on the last day of the month.
- The company’s stock opened for trading on the 3rd of October and the scrip stood at Rs.1,078.85 and gained over more than 50 points to close for trading at Rs.1,123.75 on the 17th. It gained another 15 points by the end the month to close at Rs.1,136.75. On the 1st of November, the scrip gained 60 points to close the day at Rs.1,197.10 and continued to rally upwards to end the month at Rs.1,269.50. The scrip rose to touch Rs.1,289.80 on the 1st of December and gained significantly to end the year at Rs.1,390.60.
Should You Invest in Info Edge India?
- The company has inclined to its record high of Rs.1,492, up by 10%. It continues to extend its 8% rise on the BSE after it reported a standalone net profit of Rs.63 crore in Q1 FY19 compared to Rs.64.2 crore in the same period last fiscal.
- Its standalone Q1 FY19 revenue rose by 17% year-on-year, influenced by the growth of 15% year-on-year in its recruitment-related services through naukri.com, while its real estate business increased by 34% and other verticals contributed 7%.
- Despite reporting a loss during the quarter ending 31 March 2018, the financials of the company has recovered to post profit during the Q1 FY19.
- The company’s stock has steadily inclined over the past three years in the backdrop of increased focus on the the performance of its service verticals.
- The leadership team of Info Edge India are well-capable of taking strategic decisions to enable the growth of the organisation.
Info Edge India Ltd. was incorporated in 1995 and went to the public in 2006. Involved in the online classified business, its service verticals include recruitment, matrimony, real estate, education, among others. Info Edge India is primarily engaged in the business of Internet-based service delivery operating through web portals. Its online business include naukri.com, jeevansathi.com, 99acres.com, and shiksha.com.
Info Edge (India) Pvt. Ltd was incorporated in 1995 and later went public in 2006 to become Info Edge (India) Ltd. In 1997, the company, then a private limited, launched internet portal naukri.com and in 1998 launched jeevansathi.com. In 2005, it launched 99acres.com catering to the real estate online market. Since then Info Edge India has invested in various internet-based classified businesses such as zomato.com.
Management of Info Edge India Ltd.
Mr. Sanjeev Bikhchandani is the Founder and Executive Vice-Chairman of Info Edge India Ltd. and serves as the Managing Director and CEO of Naukri Internet Services Ltd. He also serves as an advisor of Four-S Services Ltd., MakeMyTrip (India) Pvt. Ltd. and MakeMyTrip Ltd. Prior to Info Edge India Ltd., he worked with Lintas and Glaxosmithkline. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts with honours in Economics from Stephen’s College in 1984 and a Post Graduate Diploma in Management from IIM-A in 1989. Also, he’s the visiting Faculty and Guest Lecturer at IIM-A, IMT Ghaziabad, Times School of Marketing and Delhi School of Communication.
Mr. Hitesh Oberoi is the Co-Promoter, Managing Director, CEO and Director of Info Edge India Ltd. since 2010. He is also the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Naukri Internet Services Ltd. Prior to Info Edge India Ltd., he used to work with Hindustan Lever Ltd. and was responsible for all revenue generating functions, customer service and operations. Mr. Oberoi has a Bachelor of Technology degree in Computer Science from IIT, Delhi in 1994 and an MBA in Management from IIM-B in 1996.
Info Edge India Ltd. in NSE, BSE and Listings
The equity shares of Info Edge India Ltd.. is available for trading on the NSE and BSE and the company’s codes are as follows:
- NSE Code: NAUKRI
- BSE Code: 532777
- BSE Group: A
- ISIN: INE663F01024
- Sector: Miscellaneous
Info Edge India Ltd. Stock Indices are as follows:
- S&P CNX 500
- CNX Midcap
Info Edge (India) Limited
GF-12A, 94 Meghdoot Building,
New Delhi - 110019
Info Edge (India) Limited
Noida - 201304
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds.It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.
The contents of this post/blog does not constitute financial or other professional advice nor does it imply in any manner a principal-agent relationship, and is not a professional advice on a specific financial matter.