Dish TV India Ltd. is controlled by Zee Entertainment Enterprises which provides Direct to Home (DTH) services using digital compression technology. It is currently one of the largest DTH providers in India.Market Capitalisation
The market capitalisation of Dish TV India Ltd. as of 24 July 2018 is a little over than Rs.12,962.54 crore.
Company’s Wealth and Recent Performance
- Dish TV India Ltd. recorded a growth of 8.1% (Quarter on Quarter) QoQ in subscription revenues to Rs.14,893 million as of 30 June 2018 for Q1 FY 2019. The company has reported a growth of 8.0% QoQ in operating revenues to Rs.16,556 million for the same period. The earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) margin rose to 33.6% with EBITDA standing at Rs.5,568 million for the quarter. The average revenue per user (ARPU) surged to Rs.214 - an increase of Rs.13 - from the previous quarter’s ARPU of Rs.201. The company’s profit after tax (PAT) stood at Rs.255 million
- During the first quarter, the company achieved the ISO 27001 certification which is treated as gold standard in information security.
- The company is expecting significant growth in the industry taking the number of households pending digitization of Phase IV into consideration.
- With the TRAI Tariff Order to be implemented on 3 July 2018, Dish TV India Ltd expects the regulation to help the company reduce discriminatory pricing, ensuring equal terms of improvement between DTH and cable platforms.
Dish TV India Ltd. Stock Trends in 2018
- On 1 January 2018, the opening price of the Dish TV India Ltd. stock was Rs.82.05 on NSE. The initial 10 days of the month saw the stock rising by over 4 points to Rs.86.50. However, halfway into the month, the scrip dropped by over 7 points to Rs.78.55 after revaluation of the merger with Videocon resulted in the company shares dropping by 8%. The scrip fluctuated considerably over the couple of weeks before closing at Rs.75.15 on 31 January 2018.
- The month of February saw the scrip dropping by a little more than 3 points and was recorded at Rs.72.10 on 28 February 2018. Stock prices continued drop as the month of March began and the scrip was recorded trading at Rs.66.50 on 12 March 2018. However, the stock regained some momentum towards the end of the quarter and was recorded at Rs.70.35 on 28 March 2018.
- The second quarter of 2018 with scrip prices opening at Rs.72.80 on 2 April 2018. The next couple of weeks witnessed significant rise in the stock and was recorded at Rs.78.70 on 16 April 2018. The scrip, however, began to drop towards the end of the month and concluded at Rs.74.40 on 31 April 2018.
- The month of May witnessed considerable fluctuations in the stock with prices dropping as low as Rs.70.70 on 15 May 2018 before gradually recovering to Rs.74.80 at the end of the month.
- The final month of Q2 FY 2018 saw the scrip opening at Rs.72.60. The scrip dropped initially before picking up pace towards the end of the month and was recorded at Rs.71.25.
Dish TV India Ltd. Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017
- The opening price of the stock on 1 January 2016 was Rs.101.40 on NSE. Halfway into the month, the scrip had already dropped by over 13 points. The month came to an end with the scip opening at Rs.87.30. The downtrend continued over to the next month with the scrip dropping by a little over 18 points during and was recorded at Rs.68.00 on 29 February 2018. However, pace picked up during the month of march and the scrip rose by 16 points to Rs.84.20 on 31 March 2016.
- The month of April witnessed the scrip price gradually improving by 6 points and the stock was recorded at Rs.90.00 on the last day of the month. In May, the scrip fluctuated considerably with prices touching Rs.96.40 mid way into the month. However, the couple of weeks saw the stock drop by close to 7 points and was recorded at Rs.88.80 on 31 May 2016. The final month of Q1 2016 saw the stock increasing by over 9 points and trading at Rs.97.00 at the end of June.
- The month of July did not witness that much of a change with the scrip fluctuating around the Rs.99.00 mark and was recorded at Rs.94.70 at the end of the month. The scrip varied between the 105-95 range during August. The price of the stock was Rs.97.30 on 31 August 2016. In September, the scrip dropped by over 6 points despite hitting figures over the Rs.100 mark during the course of the month.
- Though the scrip saw a steady rise of 2 points during the course of October, the stock dropped by over 10 points in November and was recorded at Rs.89.35 on 30 November 2016. The decline continued over to the next month and the scrip was recorded at Rs.83.50 on the last day of December.
- The opening price of the stock on 1 January 2017 was Rs.85.10 on NSE. The scrip saw marginal change during the month with the stock closing slightly over the Rs.85.00 mark on the last day. However, the scrip rose by over 13 points during the month of February and was recorded at Rs.96.05 on 28 February 2017. The positive trend of the stock continued for the rest of the quarter with the scrip recorded at Rs.110 - an increase of over 13 points from the previous month - on 31 March 2017.
- However, a decline in the performance led to the scrip falling by over 14 points and the sctock was recorded at Rs.95.20 at the end of the April. The month of May witnessed the scrip continuing its downfall and the the stock was at Rs.85.00 on 31 May 2017. The scrip fluctuated considerably during June with the stock hitting figures as low as Rs.76.90 on 23 June 2017, before recovering to Rs.79.40 towards the end of the month.
- The stock, however, gained ground during the month of July and was recorded at Rs.82.00 - a rose of 3 points - on 31 July 2017. During August, the scrip witnessed prices drop to Rs.71.50 after the initial 10 days before recovering by 9 points to Rs.80.50 on 31 August 2017. The final month of the quarter saw the scrip dropping again by 3 points to being recorded at Rs.79.90 at the end of September.
- The month of October witnessed the scrip declining initially before picking up towards the end of the month and the stock was recorded at Rs.77.75 on 31 October 2017. In November, the scrip fluctuated mostly around the Rs.75.00 range before picking up momentum to Rs.83.00 on the last day. The scrip held its ground for the most of December with the stock gaining on the previous quarter’s strong performance. The scrip was recorded at Rs.81.95 at the end of the year.
Should you invest in Dish TV India Ltd.?
- The share price of Dish TV India Ltd. has witnessed considerable fluctuations over the last couple of years. However, the stock has regained ground quickly in such events.
- Dish TV India Ltd. has established itself as the largest DTH provider in India after the completion of a merger with Videocon D2H. The company was also voted the most trusted DTH brand in India according to the Brand Trust Report in the year 2014. Investing in Dish TV India Ltd. could yield good returns in the long term. The company has always been performing well in the media and entertainment sector. However, it is strongly advised to go through sufficient research or take expert advice before investing your money in the stock market, considering its volatile nature.
Dish TV India Ltd has its business headquartered in Noida, India. Launched on 2 October 2003, the company has pioneered itself to emerge as one of the key players in the satellite television industry. The company holds a 55.4% stake in the Dish TV-Videocon merged entity. Combined together, the company boasts of having about 28 million subscribers as of 30 September 2016 in India. Zing Digital is one of the main subsidiaries of the company which provides regional services in Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Odisha. The company also provides its customers with three kinds of set top boxes (STB) to choose from such as DISH HD+ with Recorder that enables the user to record live television feeds in hi-definition quality. Dish TV India Ltd. also provides active services such as Movie on Demand, Jobs Active, Games Active, Music Active and other do-it-yourself services.
Management of the Company
Mr. Anil Dua - Group Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Anil Dua was appointed as the Group Chief Executive Officer at Dish TV India Ltd. with effect from 15 May 2017. Since his joining, the company has been able to complete the merger of Videocon d2h into Dish TV India Ltd. The merger has helped the company become on the largest single-country DTH operator in the world with over 23 million subscribers. The company also owns prominent subsidiaries such as Zing Digital, Videocon d2h and Dish TV. With over 29 years over experience in management positions, Mr. Dua has worked at senior management levels at corporations like Hindustan Unilever, Hero MotoCorp and Gillette. Mr. Dua is a graduate from IIT Delhi and an alumnus IIM Ahmedabad.
Listings in NSE, BSE, and Indices
The company forms a part of important indices like:
- Nifty 200
- Nifty 500
- Nifty Media
- Nifty LargeMidcap 250
- S&P BSE 500
- S&P BSE Midcap
- S&P BSE TECk
The stock of Dish TV India Ltd. is available for trading on the two major stock exchanges of India - The National Stock Exchange Limited (NSE) and The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
Sector: Media & Entertainment
Dish TV India Ltd.
Uttar Pradesh 201 301, India
Tel: 0120 2599391/2599555
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds.It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.