Siemens India is a manufacturing company that focuses on automation and electrification. The company manufactures remote monitoring systems (RMS), transformers, switchboards and more.
*Note: Prices that are specified below is based on INR
Siemens Historical Share Price (NSE)
The market capitalisation of the company, as of April 2018, is around Rs.38,459.21 crore.
Siemens Ltd. Wealth and Recent Performance
Q3 FY 2017-18
- For the quarter ended on June 30, 2018, Siemens India Limited reported its total income from operations to be at Rs.3,142 crore. For the same quarter of the previous financial year, the company had reported a total income of Rs.2,758.7 crore. On a y-o-y basis, this marked an increase of a little over 12%.
- Considering the profitability of the company, Siemens India Limited reported a profit before tax of Rs.321.1 crore, in comparison to a PBT of Rs.249.2 crore reported for the quarter ended on June 30, 2017. Consequently, the company’s net profit for the period also improved by a significant margin.
- The net profit after tax for the period was reported to be Rs.204.4 crore. With respect to the corresponding quarter of the previous financial year, the net PAT was Rs.162.9 crore.
- The company’s basic earnings per share (EPS) increased from Rs.4.57 to Rs.5.74.
Q2 FY 2017-18
- For the quarter ended on March 31, 2018, Siemens India Limited disclosed its total income to be Rs.3,347.3 crore. For the March quarter of the previous fiscal year, the company had reported a total income of Rs.3,104.1 crore.
- The company’s profit before tax for the second quarter of the financial year 2017-18 was Rs.336.6 crore, in comparison to Rs.279.1 crore stated for the March quarter of the previous financial year.
- Considering the company’s profit after tax, it was Rs.219.7 crore for the quarter ended on March 31, 2018. The same figure for the March quarter of the previous year was Rs.186.2 crore.
- Owing to an increase in the profits, the basic earnings per share of Siemens India Limited also grew from Rs.5.07 to Rs.6.17 y-o-y.
Q1 FY 2017-18
- The company posted 18.6% increase in its net profit to Rs.190.5 crore for the quarter ended December 2017, as compared to the same period a year ago. The company’s revenue in FY 2018, ended December 31, 2017, was Rs.2,363 crore. This was a 5.8% increase in revenue as compared to the same quarter last year.
- Siemens recorded an increase of 2.1% in new orders for the period at Rs.3,257 crore. The increase in revenue was attributed to order backlog, which stood at an all-time high of Rs.12,263 crore as on 30th September 2017.
- The company’s factory segment's revenue grew by 14% year-on-year to Rs.504.6 crore. Power and gas segment's revenue recorded a growth by 14.2% year-on-year to Rs.298.2 crore.
- In 2017, Siemens Ltd. reported 10 straight quarters of consistent revenue growth and profitability. The company inaugurated its showcase digitalised low-voltage Switchgear factory at Kalwa which is capable of producing more than 180 variants at the rate of one product every nine seconds.
Siemens Ltd. Stock Trends in 2018
- The opening price of the stock at the beginning of January 2018 was Rs.1,235 while at the end of the month it was Rs.1,289.
- In the month of February, the price of the stock crossed Rs.1,300 however, the price fell to Rs.1,151 by the end of the month.
- At the beginning of March, the price was Rs.1,175 while at the end of the month it was Rs.1,105.
- A similar trend was seen in the month of April as well. On April 2, the opening stock price of Siemens Limited was Rs.1,079.80 on the NSE. Things didn’t change significantly over the course of the month. The share price moved up marginally to touch the Rs.1,100 mark. The closing price of the scrip at the end of the month was Rs.1,122.40.
- In early May, the scrip took a sharp nosedive and the shares descended back into the Rs.1,000 region. For most of the month, the Siemens shares were seen trading hands at levels varying from Rs.1,020 - Rs.1,050. The closing price of the scrip on May 31, 2018, was Rs.1,045.40 on the NSE.
- Over the course of June, the prices plummeted further, although the fall this time was rather gradual. The shares were seen changing hands at levels close to the Rs.1,000 mark and on a couple of instances, they even descended into the Rs.900 region.
- In July, the Siemens shares hit their 52-week low at Rs.931. The prices rose slightly in the month of August to recuperate their previous gains and the shares reached their previous levels above Rs.1,000. As of September, the shares were seen trading at levels varying from Rs.970 - Rs.1,020.
Siemens Ltd. Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017
- The opening price of the stock at the beginning of January 2016 was Rs.1,202 while the closing price at the end of the month was Rs.992. In April 2016, the stock price had increased to Rs.1,095.
- At the beginning of July the price of the stock was Rs.1,311 while at the end of September it was Rs.1,233.
- In October the price of the stock was Rs.1,246 which decreased to Rs.1,195 at the beginning of November. The closing price of the stock at the end of December 2016 was Rs.1,090.
- The opening price of the stock at the beginning of January 2017 was Rs.1,115 and it increased to Rs.1,215 during early March.
- At the beginning of April, the stock price was Rs.1,257 which increased to Rs.1,368 at the end of May. By the end of July 2017, the stock price had crossed Rs.1,450.
- In early November the price of the stock was back to Rs.1,270 while the closing price at the end of December 2017 was Rs.1,234.
Should you invest in Siemens Ltd.?
The share price of the the company has not increased much since 2016. It has not seen an exponential growth in the past two years and the price has been growing at a slow rate. It is advisable to do thorough research and seek help from a financial expert before investing in the stock.
Siemens Limited has been in India for over six decades. It manufactures turbo compressors,
steam turbines, motors and generators, advanced medical imaging equipments and more. The company has 22 factories along with 11 Research and Development centres (R&D) across India. It also has 8 Centres of Competence in India. For more than 60 years, Siemens India has provided their technology solution for the Indian Railways.
History of the Company
Founded in 1922 in Kolkata, Siemens India was incorporated in 1957 under the name "Siemens Engineering and Manufacturing Company of India Private Limited". The company started production of switchboards in Kolkata and healthcare equipments in Mumbai in 1960. In 1971, the company got listed on stock exchanges. With an aim to help small and medium enterprises, Siemens launched its new line of information and communication solutions - Hicom 150 E Office and ESL8i. A corporate technology center was set up in Bengaluru in 2004. The company completed 50 years of manufacturing and incorporation in India in 2006 and 2007 respectively. Siemens got its first Indian CEO in 2014. The company announced it will focus on digitalisation since 2016. A “Smart Buildings" experience center was launched in the company’s Kalwa campus in Navi Mumbai to understand what makes a building smart and the underlying smart technologies.
Management of the Company
Mr. Sunil Mathur - Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director
Mr. Mathur has been the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD) since November 2013. He is a chartered accountant and has joined the company as its internal auditor in 1987. Mr. Mathur has worked with Siemens for more than 26 years and has experience in working across various departments and roles. He was Cluster CFO for South Asia in July 2008 and was Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer of Siemens Ltd. from December 2008 till December 2013.
Siemens Ltd. Listing and Indices
The stocks of Siemens can be bought and sold on the two major stock exchanges in the country - National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange. The codes for the same are mentioned below.
- BSE - 500550
- NSE - SIEMENS
- ISIN - INE003A01024
- Sector - INFRASTRUCTURE-GENERAL
Siemens Ltd forms a part of following indices:
- Nifty 100
- Nifty 200
- Nifty 500
- Nifty Next 50
- Nifty MNC
- S&P BSE 100
- S&P BSE 200
- S&P BSE 500
Registered & Corporate Office
Birla Aurora, Level 21,
Plot No. 1080,
Dr. Annie Besant Road, Worli,
Mumbai – 400030