Engineers India Limited (EIL) is a well-known international engineering consultancy and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Company with a focus in the oil, gas and petrochemical industry.
The market capitalisation of Engineers India as of August 9, 2018, stood at Rs.8,454.97 crore.
Company’s Wealth and Recent Performance
- For the financial year ended March 31, 2018, the operating income was observed to be Rs.1,787.58 crore. This is higher than the last year’s operating income, which was Rs.1,448.64 crore.
- The total profit earned for FY 2018 was recorded at Rs.377.87, while for FY 2017, the profit was Rs.325.03 crore.
- In the fourth quarter of FY 2018, the net profit increased by around 4.44% on a year-on-year basis, standing at Rs.68.92 crore. In the same quarter, the standalone revenue was reported to be Rs.509.71 crore, which is an increase by 15.1%.
- In the third quarter of FY 2018, the net profit crept up by 27.55% on a year-on-year basis. The operating income saw a surge by 45.7%, reaching Rs.473.42 crore when compared to the last year’s Rs.325.01 crore. The EBITA margins too went up to 28.5% when compared to the last year’s 24.90%.
Engineers India Stock Trends in 2018
- On January 1, 2018, the stock opened in the National Stock Exchange (NSE) at the price of Rs.200.95. In the next few days, the cost per share kept decreasing, falling to Rs.192.90 on the 16th. The next day, as Nifty outlooks were bullish, the price increased to Rs.185. The month closed at Rs.175.65.
- On February 1, 2108, the scrip price lingered around Rs.177.60, dipping further to 162.10 on the 22nd. The month closed at Rs.168.50.
- During the first two weeks of March, the price of the scrip kept decreasing gradually and the stock price hit a new low on the 23rd, falling to Rs.150.20.
- On April 6, 2018, the price per share was Rs.167.05 and by the 20th, the cost per share fell to Rs.155.75. By the 30th, due to changes in market conditions, the price stood at Rs.157.25.
- On May 2, 2018, the cost per share stood at Rs.159.70 and after stocks hit the 52-week low, the price crumbled down to Rs.138.10 on the 24th. The markets closed on the last day of the month at Rs.134.
- On June 1, 2018, the price of the scrip was Rs.132.65 and by the 11th, the cost per share dropped to Rs.132.95. By the 19th, the price went down to Rs.129.75, influenced by 52-week lows which affected more than 60 stocks in the market. On the 28th, the price dipped to Rs.123.35.
- On July 2, 2018, the scrip price opened at Rs.125 and prices went up and down due to market fluctuations in the next few days. On 3rd, the scrip opened at the price of Rs.122.50 and on 5th, the price was Rs.123.30. After a change in some management members, the price peaked again at Rs.129.10. The month closed at Rs.132.25.
- On August 1, 2018, the price of an Engineers India share was Rs.137.90. The prices saw a downward trend throughout the next week, falling to Rs.126.80 on the 10th.
Engineers India Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017
- On January 2, 2017, the price of an Engineers India stock was Rs.152 and by the second week, the price peaked at Rs.158.40, falling to Rs.145.90 by the 23rd. The month closed at Rs.151.30.
- On February 2, 2017, the cost per share was Rs.148.25. By the end of the first week, the price increased, reaching Rs.160 on the 9th. However, after Q3 results were declared the prices fell to Rs.150.30 on the 15th. The month closed at Rs.148.15.
- On March 1, 2017, the share price was recorded at Rs.150.90, falling to Rs.143.10 by the 9th. As market conditions improved the price trends improved, reaching Rs.155.55 on the 20th.
- As the half-year mark approached, the prices improved by April 2017, reaching Rs.168.40. The following month, the trends looked positive and prices remained quite steady, reaching Rs.174 on May 17th but by the end of the month, the price went down to Rs.156.20.
- By June 2017, the prices stepped down, falling to Rs.152.90 by the 13th, with no major fluctuation throughout the month. The following month, the price climbed up to Rs.166.50 by the 24th.
- As government stakes were down, the prices crumbled, falling to Rs.154.85 on August 10, 2017. There were no major improvements seen in September.
- In October 2017, the first two weeks were not very positive. By mid-month, there was a steep climb after Q2 profits were up and the stock price reached Rs.187 on the 30th.
- On November 9, 2017, the price per share was Rs.190, influenced by the certain encouraging market conditions.
- On December 1, 2017, the markets opened at the price of Rs.188.40, remaining steady, with gradual improvements over the course of the month. On 27th, the price reached Rs.203.50.
- On January 1, 2016, the share price was Rs.121.25 and over the course of the month, the prices hit the downward curve. By February 12, the price hit lows at Rs.75.97 per share.
- By April 26, 2016, the price climbed up to Rs.91.79 and throughout May and June, the stock prices remained steady. In July, as market conditions improved, the price per share reached Rs.112.67.
- As a final dividend of 40% was announced, the prices improved, reaching Rs.137.95 on September 9, 2016. However, with a change in the directorate, the price fell to Rs.128.53 by the 29th. The following two months, the price remained firm but by November 4, the price fell to Rs.126.39 and by the 30th of the month, the price went up to Rs.147.
- December 2016 was a good month and the share prices saw a steady improvement. By the 29th, the price peaked at Rs.163.97 and the month closed at Rs.159.10.
Should you invest in Engineers India?
- Engineers India is known for ‘highest standards in quality and safety’ and has been certified with an ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
- The company has an excellent track record and has executed more than 5,000 tasks through as many as 400 major projects that added up to US$200 billion.
- The company has laid ‘one of the largest LPG pipelines in the world’, ‘the longest deck in the world on a single jacket’,
- The company is immensely technically driven and invests in Research and Development (R&D) activities. It is equipped with a cutting-edge research and development centre in Gurugram.
- Keeping all the above factors in mind, make an investment decision after doing some personal research.
Engineers India Limited offers engineering services in segments such as oil, gas, petrochemical and also ventured into other segments like solar and nuclear power, waste and water management, fertilisers, and infrastructure. At present, the company offers a complete suite of solutions in engineering, consultancy, design, procurement, project management, and construction. The other speciality verticals that the company focuses on include environmental engineering, equipment design, speciality materials, and plant safety and operations services. The company has its corporate office in New Delhi and also functions out of other locations, mainly Gurugram, Mumbai, Vadodara, Chennai, and Kolkata. Internationally, they have offices in Abu Dhabi that offers services to the Middle East and UAE region. The other offices are in Shanghai, Milan, and London. The project array includes work on refinery projects, fertiliser plants, pipeline, mining and metallurgy projects, ports and terminals and infrastructure projects for bridges, flyovers, highways, airports, water and sewer management.
History of the Company
Engineers India was established in on March 15, 1965, and incorporated as a private limited company in New Delhi. With effect from May 1967, the company became a fully-owned Government of India enterprise. In 1970, the enterprise went on to bag its first international project. In the next few years, the company began working on various segments. In 1989, Engineers India set up a research and development centre in Gurugram. In 1994, they set up a subsidiary and also received ISO 9001 certification. In 1997, the company went public and got itself listed in the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). In 2008, the enterprise got into a joint venture and established TEIL projects Limited with Tata Projects Limited. In 2011, the firm ventured into the nuclear and solar energy segment.
Management of the Company
Shri JC Nakra – Chairman and Managing Director
Nakra, who currently serves as the Chairman and Managing Director, is also the Director for projects and finance. He has more than 36 years of experience in areas such as marketing, construction, and projects. He joined the company in 1993 and worked in the offshore construction division. He has been the driving force behind many marketing initiatives in both domestic and international markets. He holds a degree in mechanical engineering from the Punjab Engineering College.
Mr. VC Bhandari – Director (Human Resource)
Bhandari became a part of the company in 1981 and has more than 3 decades of experience in segments such as project management, human resources, and design and engineering. He kick-started his career as a design engineer and has handled projects in offshore platforms and pipelines, gas processing, petrochemicals, refineries, etc. He has helped the company make a transition and move into the renewable energy sector. He is a Chartered Engineer and is also holds a membership in the Institution of Engineers.
Mr. R.K Sabharwal – Director (Commercial)
Sabharwal comes with over 33 years of experience in both the domestic and international commercial domain. He is well-versed in international practices related to trade, export and import, legal and tax aspects. From 1998 to 1999, he worked in Dubai, where he oversaw operations for a Gasoline Facilities Project. He is a member of various prestigious organisations including the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Indian Institute of Materials Management, All India Management Association.
Engineers India Listings in NSE, BSE, and Indices
Engineers India equity shares are available for trading on the National Stock Exchange of India Limited and the Bombay Stock Exchange. The respective codes for the same have been mentioned below:
- NSE Code: ENGINERSINEQ
- BSE Code: 532178
- ISIN: INE510A01028
- Sector: Infrastructure - General
Coming to the stock market indices, the company comprises the following:
- Nifty 200
- Nifty 500
- Nifty CPSE
- Nifty Dividend Opportunities 50
- Nifty Full Midcap 100
- Nifty Infrastructure
- Nifty LargeMidcap 250
- Nifty Midcap 100
- Nifty Midcap 150
- Nifty Midcap 50
- Nifty MidSmallcap 400
- S&P BSE 150 MidCap Index
- S&P BSE 200
- S&P BSE 250 LargeMidCap Index
- S&P BSE 400 MidSmallCap Index
- S&P BSE 500
- S&P BSE AllCap
- S&P BSE Bharat 22 Index
- S&P BSE CPSE
- S&P BSE Dollex - 200
- S&P BSE Industrials
- S&P BSE MidSmallCap
- S&P BSE PSU
- S&P BSE SmallCap
- S&P BSE SmallCap Select Index
Engineers India Limited
1, Bhikaiji Cama Place,
New Delhi - 110 066
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence, it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds.It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.