Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd. is one of the leading Rural Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) in India. The company offers customers a wide range of financial products based on various customer requirements
The market capitalisation of Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd. as of 10 August 2018 is a little over Rs.30,384.77 crore.
Company’s Wealth and Recent Performance
- Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd. recorded an unconsolidated standalone revenue from operations at Rs.1,925.83 crore as of 30 June 2018 for Q1 FY 2019. The earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) stood at Rs.1,939.67 crore for the quarter. The total comprehensive income after tax and exceptional items stood at Rs.265.87 crore.
- The company has adopted Indian Accounting Standards (Ind AS) from 01 April 2018 with effective transition date of 01 April 2017.
- During the quarter, the company invested Rs.9.63 crore equivalent to US $1.44 million (quarter ended 30 June 2017: Rs.12.59 crore equivalent to US $1.96 million) in Mahindra Finance USA LLC, a joint venture company formed by Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd. and De Lage Landen Financial Services Inc. in the United States of America.
Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd. Stock Trends in 2018
- On 01 January 2018, the opening price of Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd. stock was Rs.473.80 on NSE. Prices rose considerably during the first half of the month and the scrip was recorded holding at Rs.494 on 10 January 2018. The stock gained momentum as the month and the scrip was standing at Rs.508.70 per gram on 24 January 2018. However, the scrip dropped by over 35 points and the stock was recorded trading at Rs.472.85 on 31 January 2018.
- February witnessed the scrip dropping further by 34 points and the scrip was recorded at Rs.438.75 on 28 February 2018. However, the scrip picked up pace during the month of March and the stock stood at Rs.458.95 on 28 March 2018 as the quarter came to an end.
- The second quarter of 2018 opened with scrip prices holding at Rs.463.00 on 02 April 2018. Halfway into the week, the scrip had gone up by 19 points and was at Rs.492.50 on 16 April 2018. The scrip continued to rise by another 25 points and the stock was recorded holding at Rs.518.25 on 30 April 2018. However, the scrip lost significant during the next month and the stock was priced at Rs.483.50 on 31 May 2018.
- The final month of the quarter opened with the scrip holding at Rs.486.00 on 01 June 2018. The month witnessed considerable fluctuations in the stock before dropping by 17 points to Rs.458.80 as trading concluded for the quarter.
Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd. Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017
- The opening price of Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd. stock on 01 January 2016 was Rs.241.70. The scrip dropped by 9 points over the next couple of week and was recorded at Rs.232.45 on 15 January 2016. The rest of the month witnessed the scrip plunging by another 36 points and the stock was recorded holding at Rs.195.85 on 29 January 2016. However, the scrip gained momentum over the course of the next month and the stock rose by 7 points to Rs.203.70 on 29 February 2016. The final month of the quarter commenced with the scrip priced at Rs.206.15 before an incline in the stock performance led to the scrip price holding at Rs.241.00 on 31 March 2016.
- The second quarter of 2016 began with the scrip holding at Rs.245.20 on 01 April 2016. The scrip surged by 48 points during the course of the month and was recorded at Rs.299.00 on 29 April 2016. The month of May witnessed another surge in the stock and the scrip was recorded trading at Rs.327.60 - registering an increase of 28 points during the month on the 31 May 2016. However, the scrip lost its ground during June with the stock dropping by over 4 points to trade at Rs.323 on 30 June 2016.
- The third quarter opened with the scrip priced at Rs.338.80 on 01 July 2016 which dipped by 16 points to Rs.321.95 following a drop in stock performance towards the end of the month. However, the scrip picked up momentum during the month of August and the stock was recorded trading at Rs.354.00 on 31 August 2016. The final month of the quarter witnessed considerable fluctuation in the stock performances and the scrip was holding at Rs.350.00 on the last day of September.
- When the final quarter of the year began, the scrip was recorded at Rs.371.80. The month saw the stock fluctuating before closing at Rs.365.00 on 30 October 2016. November began with the scrip holding at Rs.360.20 before dropping by 57 points to Rs.302.75 on 30 November 2016. The last month of the year began with the stock priced at Rs.299.40 on 01 December 2016. Prices fluctuated considerably before finishing at Rs.270.00 - registering a decline of 29 points during the course of the month.
- The opening price of Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd. stock on 01 January 2017 was Rs.274.00 on NSE. The scrip gained momentum during the initial couple of weeks rising to Rs.285.90 on 16 January 2017. However, the scrip dropped by over 4 points and was recorded at Rs.280.40 on 31 January 2017. February witnessed the scrip regaining lost ground by rising close to 12 points at Rs.292.00 on 28 February 2017. The last month of the quarter saw scrip prices surging by 24 points and the stock was recorded holding at Rs.316.50 on 31 March 2017.
- The month of April began with the scrip at Rs.318.45 before rising by 15 points to Rs.333.50 towards the end of the month. The scrip prices dropped to Rs.305.15 on 24 May 2017 but recovered to Rs.341.05 on 31 May 2017. June began with the scrip holding higher at Rs.357.00. The stock fluctuated considerably during the month before closing at Rs.340.40 on 30 June 2017.
- The third quarter commenced with the scrip at Rs.344.90 on 01 July 2017. The month saw stock prices improving by over 62 points and the scrip was priced at Rs.407.65 on 31 July 2017. The month of August began with the scrip holding slightly lower at Rs.401.10 before surging by 24 points to Rs.425.95 on 31 August 2017. The next month witnessed the scrip rising initially to Rs.447.35 on 9 September 2017 before plummeting to Rs.399.75 - registering a decline of 30 points during the course of the month.
- The last quarter of 2017 began with the stock priced at Rs.419.40 before rising to Rs.426.90 on 31 October 2017. The month of November saw the scrip dropping considerably before picking up momentum towards the end of the month to be priced at Rs.450.00 on 30 November 2017. The final month of the quarter opened with the stock holding at Rs.443.80. The scrip rose by over 24 points during the month and was recorded trading at Rs.468.65 on the last day of the year.
Should you invest in Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd.?
- Though the last couple of years have witnessed significant fluctuation in the Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd. share prices, the stock has recovered its momentum quickly in such cases.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd. is one of the top financiers in the country with over 1000 offices spread across one in every three villages. The company has offered its services to over 4.7 million customers until now. One could yield good returns on investing in Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd. The company has been a key player in the NBFC sector since its establishment. However, before investing your hard-earned money in the stock market, it is strongly advised to go through thorough research or take expert advice, taking its volatile nature into account.
Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd., a conglomerate of Mahindra & Mahindra, is a non-banking financial company (NBFC) that provides financial assistance to people residing in the semi-urban and rural areas of India. The company offers various retail products such as tractors, financing vehicles for both personal and commercial use, small and medium enterprise loans to its customers. The company’s subsidiary, Mahindra Rural Housing Finance Limited (MHRFL) offers home loans at affordable rates to low and middle-income households to help them build their own home. Mahindra Insurance Brokers Ltd, another subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd. provides non-life and life insurances products to customers through tie-ups with other insurance companies. The company also provides personal loans, fixed deposit schemes and mutual fund distribution to the Indian population.
Management of the Company
Mr. Dhananjay Mungale - Chairman
Mr. Dhananjay Mungale has a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce and Law from the Mumbai University and is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He has specialised most of his career in corporate and investment banking in Europe and India. Earlier, he was the Vice President at Private Banking, Bank of America and a member in the Executive Committee at DSP Merrill Lynch Limited. Presently, he has been an active advisor to various financial corporations in Europe and India.
Mr. Ramesh Iyer - Vice Chairman and Managing Director
Mr. Ramesh Iyer has been the Managing Director of the company since 30 April 2001. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration. He is also a member of the Group Executive Board of Mahindra & Mahindra and on the Board of various other Mahindra Group companies. Mr. Ramesh Iyer was featured in Business World’s special report on India’s Most valuable CEOs and was ranked 5th out of the 65 companies listed in Mid-Sized Companies category.
Listings in NSE, BSE, and Indices
The company forms a part of important indices like:
- Nifty 200
- Nifty 500
- Nifty Media
- Nifty LargeMidcap 250
- S&P BSE 500
- S&P BSE Midcap
- S&P BSE TECk
The stock of Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Ltd. is available for trading on the two major stock exchanges of India - The National Stock Exchange Limited (NSE) and The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
Sector: Finance - leasing & hire purchase
Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Limited
4th Floor, Mahindra Towers,
Dr. G.M. Bhosale Marg,
P.K. Kurne Chowk, Worli,
Maharashtra - 400 018, India.
Tel: 022- 6652 6000
Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Limited
2nd Floor, Sadhana House,
Behind Mahindra Towers,
570, P.B. Marg, Worli,
Maharashtra - 400 018, India.
Telephone : +912224963490 / 9266526000
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds.It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.