Indiabulls Ventures Ltd. is a capital market company providing securities and derivative broking services. The company has its presence in sectors such as real estate, housing finance, infrastructure and securities. It’s registered with the Stock Exchange Board of India (SEBI) as a research analyst, stockbroker, depository participant and a merchant banker. The equity shares of the company are listed on the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) and the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), while its global depository receipts are listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.Market Capitalisation
The market capialisation of Indiabulls Ventures Ltd. as of 27 August 2018 is a little more than Rs.47,800 crore.
Company’s Wealth and Recent Performance
- For the period ending on 30 June 2018, Indiabulls Ventures Ltd. reported net sales of Rs.351.89 crore as against Rs.161.99 crore during the same period last year, up by 117.23%.
- The company reported its net profit to be at Rs.87.72 crore for the said quarter compared to Rs.44.99 crore during the same period in FY18, up by 94.98%.
- Its Earnings Per Share (EPS) for the said period stood at Rs.1.67 as against Rs.1.07 for the same period last year.
- The company’s Q4 FY18 consolidated net sales rose to post a 12.86% year-on-year at Rs.61.01 crore.
- Its consolidated total income stood at Rs.272.73 crore for the quarter ending on 31 March 2018, up by 131.73% year-on-year and up by 14.39% quarter-on-quarter.
Indiabulls Ventures Ltd. Stock Trend in 2018
- The stock market opened for trading on the 1st of January and the company’s stock opened at Rs.266.41 and dropped nearly a point to end at Rs.265.71. The stock remained steady over the course of the month before it touched a high of Rs.282.75 on the 23rd; however, it fell by nearly 40 points to close the month at Rs.245.23.
- On the 1st of February, the stock inclined by 15 points to close the day at Rs.260.22 only to drop by more than 30 points on the 6th of the month. However, the scrip recovered to end the month at Rs.258.65.
- The scrip dropped further on the 1st of March when it closed at Rs.256.70 and rose to stand Rs.269.90, but lost more than 40 points to end the month at Rs.243.90.
- It rose to touch Rs.249.90 on the 2nd of April and the stock price of the company increased significantly over the course of the month to end at Rs.482.15.
- In the month of May, the scrip continues to rally upwards when it opened at Rs.482.15 and gained over more than 50 points on the 9th of the month when the stock ended the day at Rs.532.90; however, by the end of the month, the stock slipped to close at Rs.467.30.
- On the 1st of June, the stock lost nearly 19 points to close the day at Rs.449.00 and fluctuated over the course of the month to end strongly at Rs.487.65.
- The stock lost nearly 20 points on the 1st of July to end at Rs.468.40 but rose considerably by the end of the month to close for trading at Rs.598.00.
Indiabulls Ventures Ltd. Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017
- When the stock market opened for trading on the 1st of January 2016, Indiabulls Ventures Ltd. stock stood at Rs.26.53 and by the end of the month, the scrip lost more than 4 points to end at Rs.22.18. The stock dropped another point on the 1st of February to stand at Rs.21.93 and over the course of the month, the scrip fell significantly to end the month at Rs.17.84. However, it rose on the 1st of March to stand at Rs.18.69 but slipped considerably to close the month at Rs.14.39.
- On the 1st of April, the stock opened for trading at Rs.14.49 and gained more than 3 points to end the month at Rs.17.09 only to lose a point on the 1st of May to stand at Rs.16.74 and gained 3 points more to close for trading at the end of the month at Rs.19.74. When the stock market opened for trading on the 1st of June, the scrip stood at Rs.19.59 and rose by 5 points to end the month at Rs.24.13.
- The stock gained another two points on the 1st of July when it ended the day at Rs.26.48 and inclined further to touch Rs.34.23 on the 12th before declining to end the month at Rs.29.63. The scrip dropped by nearly a point on the 1st of August to end the day at Rs.28.88 and remained stable over the course of the month to close at Rs.27.88. On the 1st of September, the scrip lost a point to close the day’s trading at Rs.26.93 and ended the month at Rs.25.08.
- The scrip gained nearly 3 points on the 1st of October to stand at Rs.27.23; however, it lost about 2 points to close the month at Rs.25.93. On the 1st of November, the stock price was at Rs.25.58 but lost nearly 5 points to end the month at Rs.22.23. On the 1st of December, the stock ended the day’s trading at Rs.22.48; however, it lost more than 2 points to close for trading on the last day at Rs.20.49.
- When trading opened on the 2nd of January 2017, the scrip price of the company ended the day at Rs.20.64 and remained steady over the course of the month to end at Rs.20.14. On the 1st of February, the stock opened for trading at Rs.20.39 and increased significantly by more than 17 points to end the month at Rs.37.02. The stock further gained a point on the 1st of March to close at Rs.38.47. The scrip inclined significantly over the course of the month to end at a new high of Rs.58.36.
- When the market opened for trading on the 1st of April, the scrip gained over 3 points to end at Rs.61.26, rose to touch Rs.119.22 on the 25th and closed the month at Rs.110.52. The stock continued to rise in the month of May when it opened for trading at Rs.110.52 and gained more than 45 points by the end of the month when it stood at Rs.156.49. On the 1st of June, the company’s stock price stood at Rs.156.54 before gaining nearly 40 points to touch Rs.190.42 on the 21st but was down 30 points to end the month at Rs.161.84.
- The scrip rallied to touch Rs.171.78 on the 1st of July and moved upwards to close the month at a new high of Rs.191.07. It gained 3 more points on the 1st of August to be traded at Rs.194.06 and rose to touch Rs.211.60 on the 7th and inclined further to end the month at Rs.219.50. The scrip grew to touch Rs.229.34 on the 1st of September and touched a new high of Rs.283.55 on the 14th but declined sharply to touch Rs.220.70 on the 25th; however, it recovered by the end of the month to close at Rs.255.27.
- When trading began on the 3rd of October, the company's stock price stood at Rs.259.02 and it grew to touch Rs.298.74 on the 17th before losing more than 10 points to end the month at Rs.285.70. On the 1st of November, the stock ended the day at Rs.293.79 but decreased over the course of the month to touch Rs.246.28 on the 22nd before it recovered to close the month at Rs.272.11. In the month of December, the scrip opened at Rs.275.41 and remained stable before losing 10 points to close the month at Rs.265.26.
Should You Invest in Indiabulls Ventures Ltd?
- The company has hit a new high on fundraising plan which led its equity share to soar 48% in just one month.
- Investors have reaped 100% returns for the second consecutive years rallying 169% compared to 11% incline in the Sensex during the current calendar year.
- In August 2018, the company’s stock was one among 50 in NSE 500 index which hit a new record high and outperformed the index in the said period as well.
- Indiabulls Ventures Ltd. stock more than doubled investor wealth which rose 192% and hit an all-time high on the 20th August with the stock valued at Rs.796.
- The leadership team of Indiabulls Ventures Ltd. are capable of taking strategic decisions to steer the performance of the company to new highs.
Indiabulls Ventures Ltd. operates as a stockbroker on the NSE, BSE and other related services. The primary business of the company includes broking and related services as well as lease rental activities. Broking and related activities of the company include business as a stock and share broker on the NSE and BSE, as a commodity broker in the Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd and the National Commodity and Derivative Exchange Ltd., commission/brokerage on the sale of flats. Also, the lease rental and related activities of Indiabulls Ventures Ltd. include developing, operating and maintaining of industrial parks and is engaged in the distribution of mutual funds/ IPOs and other related activities.
The company was initially incorporated as a private limited company in 1995 and was registered as Indiabulls Securities Pvt. Ltd. Subsequently, it was changed to a public limited company in 2004, and the name was changed to Indiabulls Securities Ltd. Eventually, the company came to be known as Indiabulls Ventures Ltd. in 2015. In 2016, the company signed a corporate agency agreement with HDFC Standard Life Insurance Co. Ltd. to distribute HDFC life retail insurance products.
Management Team of Indiabulls Ventures Ltd.
Mr. Sameer Gehlaut is the Non-Executive Chairman of Indiabulls Ventures Ltd. and serves as the Executive Chairman of Housing Finance Ltd. He’s associated with various entities of the Indiabulls Group which includes Director of Indiabulls Real Estate Ltd. and Indiabulls Ventures Ltd. With over 16 years of experience in real estate development and finance, he holds a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from the IIT, Delhi.
Mr. Divyesh Shah is the Chief Executive Officer of Indiabulls Ventures Ltd. since in 2015. He’s also the Board Member of Indiabulls Natural Resources and Indiabulls Infrastructure PJ. and several entities of Indiabulls Group.
Indiabulls Ventures Ltd. in NSE, BSE and Listings
The equity shares of Indiabulls Ventures Ltd. are available for trading on the NSE and BSE and the company’s codes are as follows:
- NSE Code: IBVENTURESBE
- BSE Code: 532960
- ISIN: INE274G01010
- Sector: Finance - Investment
Indiabulls Ventures Ltd. Stock Indices are as follows:
- S&P CNX 500
- CNX Midcap
Indiabulls Ventures Ltd.
M-62 & 63, First Floor, Connaught Place,
New Delhi - 110001
Delhi - India
Indiabulls Finance Centre,
Senapati Bapat Marg,
Mumbai - 400013
Maharashtra - India
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds.It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.