V-Guard Industries Limited is engaged in manufacturing, trading and selling of electronic products and its segments include electrical/electro mechanical, electronics, among others. The company has its manufacturing plants located across India. V-Guard Industries went public in 1996 and in 2001, it went private before going public again in 2007. V-Guard Industries equity shares are available for trading on the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) and the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
The market capitalisation of V-Guard Industries Ltd. as of 27 August 2018 was a little more than Rs.9,000 crore.
Company’s Wealth and Recent Performance
- V-Guard Industries Ltd. reported net sales of Rs.638.11 crore for the quarter ending 30 June 2018 compared to Rs.572.22 crore during the same period last year, up by 11.51%.
- The company’s net profit stood at Rs.34.39 crore for the said period as against Rs.23.24 crore during the same period in FY18 jumping by 47.98%.
- Its Earning Per Share (EPS) stood at Rs.0.79 for Q1 FY19 as against Rs.0.54 for the same period ending on 30 June 2017, rising by 46.3%.
- Despite missing estimates when the quarter ended on 31 March 2018, the company’s performance inclined in the recent quarter.
- The leadership team of V-Guard Industries Ltd. is capable of taking strategic and well-planned decisions to steer the performance of the company.
V-Guard Industries Ltd. Stock Trends in 2018
- On the 1st of January, the stock opened for trading at Rs.245.40 and fluctuated over the course of the month before dropping to Rs.231.95 on the 15th; however, it recovered to touch Rs.247.60 on the 22nd and ended the month at Rs.233.55, losing nearly 15 points.
- When the stock market opened for trading on the 1st of February, the scrip lost 5 points to close the day at Rs.229.35 and dropped further to touch Rs.210.50 on the 7th; however, the stock rallied to close the month at Rs.242.30.
- It declined another 4 points on the 1st of March to close the day at Rs.238.15 and remained stable before dropping to Rs.221.50 on the 22nd and ended the month at Rs.222.20 on the last day of trading.
- The scrip inclined by more than 4 points on the 1st of April to stand at Rs.226.55 and rose to touch an all-time high of Rs.249.90 on the 20th of the month before closing the month’s trading at Rs.240.30.
- During the month of May, the stock remained largely stable with an opening price of Rs.236.75 on the 2nd of the month; however, the scrip lost more than 15 points to end the month at Rs.220.80.
- On the 1st of June, the stock declined by more than 11 points to end the day at Rs.208.90 and lost another 10 points to stand at Rs.198.55 on the 5th of the month. However, it increased by about 16 points by the 14th to be traded at Rs.215.25 only to drop by the end of the month to close at Rs.196.10.
- On the 1st of July, the company’s stock price stood at Rs.196.15 and rose by 10 points to stand at Rs.206.05. It lost more than 20 points on the 18th but rose significantly to end the month at Rs.214.40.
V-Guard Industries Ltd. Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017
- When the stock market opened for trading on the 1st of January 2016, the stock price of V-Guard Industries Ltd stood at Rs.67.14 before losing more than 7 points on the 20th to be traded at Rs.60.44; however, it recovered to close at Rs.63.74 on the last day of the month. It gained another 2 points on the 1st of February to stand at Rs.65.60 and dropped significantly to end the month at Rs.56.99. The stock rose by 2 points on the 1st of March to stand at Rs.58.81 and inclined over the course of the month to end at Rs.62.89.
- On the 1st of April, the scrip gained 2 points to end the day at Rs.63.07 and gained even further to end the month at Rs.67.70. On the 2nd of May, the stock ended the day at Rs.67.26 and rose significantly by 23 points by the 6th to stand at Rs.90.37 and ended the month at Rs.90.56. The stock gained more than 6 points on the 1st of June to stand at Rs.96.79 and by the end of the month, the stock had risen to stand at Rs.100.54.
- When the market opened for trading on the 1st of July, the company’s scrip ended the day at Rs.99.69 before gaining more than 14 points to close at Rs.113.72 on the last day of the month. The scrip gained 5 points on the 1st of August to end the day at Rs.118.13 and continued to gain significantly to end the month at Rs.135.96. The scrip remained stable on the 1st of September but lost nearly 4 points to end the month at Rs.131.21.
- On the 1st of October, the stock price of the company inclined to stand at Rs.132.14 before gaining more than 20 points on the 26th to be traded at Rs.152.29 but lost 2 points by the end of the month to stand at Rs.150.39. It gained 3 points to end at Rs.153.36 on the 1st of November but dropped to Rs.121.00 on the 21st; however, it gained 2 points to end the month at Rs.122.71. The stock fell by 2 points at the end of trading on 1st December to stand at Rs.120.64; however, it dropped to Rs.111.04 on the 28th but recovered by the end of the month to stand at Rs.115.93.
- On the 2nd of January 2017, the scrip gained a point to end the day at Rs.116.61 before rising by more than 30 points to end the month at Rs.146.50. The scrip remained stable on the 1st of February to be traded at Rs.146.34 before gaining significantly over the course of the month to close the month at Rs.162.00. It gained more than 2 points on the 1st of March to end the day at Rs.164.86 and rallied to touch Rs.178.50 on the 15th before it declined to end the month at Rs.173.40.
- When the market opened on the 3rd of April, the scrip gained a point to end the day at Rs.174.75, by the end of the month the stock gained as much as 16 points to end at Rs.190.40. On the 3rd of May, the stock ended the day at Rs.188.60 and rose to touch Rs.216.90 on the 17th before declining to end the month at Rs.181.85. The scrip rose by 2 points on the 1st of June to close at Rs.183.40 before losing more than 10 points to end the month at Rs.172.55.
- The company’s share price on the 3rd of July stood at Rs.174.45 and gained more than 4 points to close at Rs.178.15 on the last day of trading. The scrip gained 2 points on the 1st of August to end the day at Rs.180.80 and gained more than 6 points to end the month at Rs.186.15. The stock continued to rally upwards during the month of September before inclining to touch Rs.201.85 on the 19th; however, the scrip lost 19 points to end the month at Rs.182.30.
- When the market opened for trading on the 3rd of October, the stock closed at Rs.185.90 and inclined significantly to end the month at Rs.214.75. It gained more than 14 points on the 1st of November to end the day at Rs.228.85 and fluctuated over the course of the month before closing at Rs.229.45 on the last day of trading for the month. On the 1st of December, the share price of the company lost more than 4 points to end the day at Rs.225.95 before ending the year on a high of Rs.243.80.
Should You Invest in V-Guard Industries Ltd?
- V-Guard Industries Ltd. standalone net profit rose by 48% year-on-year which stood at Rs.34.4 crore for the quarter ending 30 June 2018.
- Its standalone revenue in the said period also rose by 13.5% year-on-year which stood at Rs.634.9 crore as against Rs.559.5 crore in the same period last year.
- The company’s EBITDA rose by 42.4% to stand at Rs.46.5 crore compared to Rs.32.6 crore in Q1 FY18.
- Driven by a strong growth in consumer durables and electricals the sales grew by 26% year-on-year and 10.5% year-on-year to stand at Rs.133 crore and Rs.261.4 crore respectively.
- The company’s net cash balance as on Q1 FY19 stood at Rs.138 crore and is targeting capex of Rs.35 to Rs.45 crore per annum.
- The EPS has grown by more than 46% in Q1 FY19 compared to the same period last year.
Incorporated in 1996, V-Guard Industries Ltd. was engaged in manufacturing and marketing of electronic and electromechanical appliances. The company’s electronics segments include products such as voltage stabilizers, uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and digital UPS. The electrical/ electromechanical products include PVC cables, pumps and motors, electric water heaters, fans, switchgears, among others. V-Guard Industries Ltd manufacturing plants are spread across the country with plant located in Tamilnadu, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, and Sikkim.
Mr. Kochouseph Chittilappilly setup the business as a partnership concern in 1977 to build a brand in the consumer electric and electronic goods in India. In 1996, the company was incorporated; however, in 2001 the company converted to a private limited company but in 2007, V-Guard Industries went public again. It diversified its product range to electronic voltage stabilizers, and monobloc, jet, submersible, compressor pumps and electric motors as well as solar water heaters, UPS, among others. In 2008, the company IPO was subscribed 2.62 times on the last day of the issue.
Management Team of V-Guard Industries Limited
Mr. Kochouseph Chittilappilly is the Non-Executive Chairman of V-Guard Industries Ltd. who is also one of the founder promoter of the company. He has been the MD of the company since its inception. In 2012, he passed on the baton to his son Mithun Chittilappilly. Currently, he’s the Executive Chairman of the Board. Mr. Chittilappilly is a post graduate in science, majoring in physics from Calicut University. He began his career as a supervisor in an electronics company and in the year 1977 began manufacturing and selling electronic voltage stabilizers.
Mithun K Chittilappilly
Mr. Mithun K Chittilappilly is the Managing Director of the company. He joined V-Guard Industries Ltd. as Executive Director in 2006. In 2012, he was appointed as the Managing Director of the company. Prior to V-Guard Industries Ltd., he worked with MNCs such as Deloitte and HP. He is a post graduate in Management from University of Melbourne, Australia.
V-Guard Industries Ltd. in NSE, BSE and Listings
The equity shares of V-Guard Industries Ltd. is available for trading in the NSE and BSE. The codes for trading V-Guard Industries Ltd shares are below:
- NSE Code: VGUARD
- BSE Code: 532953
- BSE Group: A
- ISIN: INE951I101027
- Sector: Electric Equipment
The company’s listings are as follows:
- S&P CNX 500
- CNX Midcap
V-GUARD INDUSTRIES LTD.
42/962, Vennala High School Road,
Vennala, Kochi - 682028,
Ph: +91 484 300 5000
Fax: +91 484 300 5100
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds.It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio
The contents of this post/blog does not constitute financial or other professional advice nor does it imply in any manner a principal-agent relationship, and is not a professional advice on a specific financial matter.