AIA Engineering Limited is an ISO 9001 certified company that is engaged in the production, design, manufacture and installation of materials used mainly in power generation industries.
The market capitalisation of AIA Engineering, as of August 1, 2018, was Rs.15,841.11 crore.
Company's Wealth and Recent Performance
- The total revenue of the company as of March 31, 2018, stands at Rs.25,885.03 million. The profit earned after taxes amounted to Rs.4,436.21 million, and the Earnings Before Interest Depreciation Taxes and Amortisation (EBITA) stood at Rs.6,575.15 million.
- The company gets around 52% of its revenue from the mining sector, 12% from the thermal power sector and 36% from the cement sector.
- As of April 1, 2018, the order book was recorded to stand at Rs.744 crore.
AIA Engineering Limited Stock Trends in 2018
- On January 1, 2018, the stock opened on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) at Rs.1,559.95. Though the price went down the next day, it picked up by the 5th, reaching Rs.1,582 and consequently climbing up to reach Rs.1,616.35 on the 12th.
- As capital goods stocks took a beating in the market, the price of the scrip plunged, reaching Rs.1,419.95 on February 5, 2018. During the month, there were not many fluctuations.
- By the end of the first week of March, the price of the scrip plummeted down to Rs.1,413.40. The prices went up the following week and again crumbled down due to the Board Meeting.
- Throughout April, the price trend was steady with no significant gains. In May, the price plummeted to Rs.1,528 and AIA was one of the top gainers on the NSE. This increase can be attributed to the rise in Q4 profits.
- There were not many changes in the price trends in June. On the other hand, in July, the price increased, reaching Rs.1,619.50 on the 11th after the shareholders meeting. The month closed at Rs.1,641.40.
- On August 2, the price inclined, reaching Rs.1,694 per share.
AIA Engineering Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017
- On January 1, 2016, the price of the stock stood at Rs.892.70. When compared to 2018 and 2017, the price of the stock was comparatively lesser in this year during this period.
- On February 16, 2016, the scrip price was Rs.740. Over the course of the next few weeks the prices picked up, In March, the stock trends were inclining and reached Rs.925 on the 28th.
- In April 2016, the price per share continuously increased over the course of the month. On the 21st, the price per AIA Engineering stock was Rs.1,029.
- In May 2016, a downward slope was noticed, and prices dwindled to Rs.934 on the 25th. The following month, the price picked up and reached Rs.1,047.05 on the 15th of June.
- The price remained steady throughout July 2016. However, in August, after the Q1 results were announced, the price plummeted to Rs.1,245 on the 18th.
- In September, the prices dropped, reaching Rs.1,196.70 on the 22nd. The next month, there was an exponential rise and on October 4, 2016, when the price stood at Rs.1,317.
- Not many price variations were observed in November 2016, but overall, the prices climbed up to reach Rs.1,330 on the 30th.
- In December 2016, the price trend took a downward dip over the course of the month. On 30th, the stock price was Rs.1,280.
- On January 13, 2017, the price of an AIA Engineering share was Rs.1,405. This inclining trend could be attributed to a spurt in volume.
- On February 16, the price reached Rs.1,460 as the stocks hit a fresh 52-week high after Q3.
- In March 2017, the price of the share went up exponentially, reaching a little over the Rs.1,500 mark. On April 6, 2018, the price of the stock was Rs.1,565.05.
- In May, there was a deep plunge in the price trends. On 25th, the price was Rs.1,400 as the board recommended the final dividend.
- Withstanding the market factors, the prices climbed up and went on to reach Rs.1,435 on June 2, 2017. By December 18th, the price had increased to Rs.1,650.45.
Should you invest in AIA Engineering?
- AIA Engineering Limited is uniquely positioned in the market with core competence in specialised areas. They have a highly-skilled group of design engineers.
- The company has more than 500 reputed customers across the world and they have built a long-standing relationship with them.
- They have in-depth domain knowledge, engage directly with customers, have a global footprint and a subsidiary network.
- The company has received a credit rating from CRISIL for both the long-term and short-term. The rating is CRISIL AA+ /Stable and CRISIL A1+.
- AIA has been investing resources to increase its market share in the high chrome mill internal market internationally and has also been working on building their high-growth mining business.
- Keeping all the above factors in mind, invest wisely after doing some more personal research.
AIA Engineering Limited is one among the global industry leaders that is involved in manufacturing, installation and servicing of abrasion resistant castings and high chromium wear that is mainly used in the thermal, mining, and cement power industries. AIA also owns Vega Industries Limited, which offers customer support, technical and supply services. The focus areas are metallurgy, new product development and grinding process technology. Some of the products that they offer include mill internals, diaphragms, liners, grinding media, etc. These categories of products find application in grinding and crushing operational units. AIA has made a name for itself in the international markets and has a presence in over 125 countries.
Management of the Company
Board of Directors
Mr.Rajendra S. Shah
Mr.Rajendra S. Shah, who currently serves as a board member, is a mechanical engineer and industrialist. He comes with diverse experience in both administration and finance. He also holds much insight on the management of engineering businesses.
Mr.Bhadresh K Shah
With a B.Tech in Metallurgy, Shah has more than four decades of experience in this sector. He is also well versed in areas such as technical administration, finance cost, and production.
Dr. S Srikumar
Srikumar has an M.Tech in industrial engineering and holds a Ph.D. He has good subject-matter knowledge in areas such as administration, engineering coordination, technical evaluation and project management.
Mr. Rajan Ramkrishna Harivallabhdas
A graduate in business management, Rajan, has held leadership positions in segments such as engineering, textile and chemical companies. He also comes with international experience and has worked for German, Swiss and US companies.
Mr Yashwant M. Patel
Patel has a background in chemistry and has experience in areas such as accounts, HR, administration and production.
Mrs.Bhumika S. Shodhan
Bhumika holds a diploma in fashion designing and also holds expertise in areas such as marketing and administration.
Mr.Sanjay S Majmudar
A practising chartered accountant, Majmudar has subject-matter knowledge in areas such as financial advisory services, direct tax laws, corporate law, debt syndications, tax planning, project finance and international structures. He has been a part of various seminars and conferences.
Mr.Dileep C Choksi
Choksi is a chartered accountant, cost accountant and also a lawyer. He has more than three decades of experience and specialises in tax planning for international and domestic clients
AIA Engineering Listings in NSE, BSE, and Listings
The equity shares of AIA Engineering Limited are available for trading on the National Stock Exchange of India Limited and the Stock Exchange Limited, Mumbai. The respective codes for the same are as follows:
- NSE Code: AIAENGEQ
- BSE Code: 532683
- ISIN: INE212HO1026
- Sector: Castings/Foundry/Engineering
Coming to the stock market indices, the company forms a part of the following:
- Nifty 200
- Nifty 500
- Nifty Full Midcap 100
- Nifty LargeMidcap 250
- Nifty Midcap 100
- Nifty Midcap 150
- Nifty MidSmallcap 400
- S&P BSE 150 MidCap Index
- S&P BSE 200
- S&P BSE 250 LargeMidCap Index
- S&P BSE 400 MidSmallCap Index
- S&P BSE 500
- S&P BSE AllCap
- S&P BSE Capital Goods
- S&P BSE Dollex - 200
- S&P BSE Industrials
- S&P BSE MidSmallCap
- S&P BSE SmallCap
11-12, Sigma Corporates,
Bodakdev, Ahmedabad 380054, India.
Ph: +91 79 6604 7800
Fax: +91 79 6604 7848
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds.It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.