Sterlite Technologies Ltd. designs and builds smarter digital networks. The company is a global provider of the optical fibre.
The market capitalisation of the Sterlite Technologies Ltd. as on 17 August 2018 was Rs.14,600 crore.
Company's Wealth and Recent Performance
The key highlights of the company’s financial results for Q1 FY 2018-19, ended 31 June 2018 are as follows:
- The company’s revenue was up 18% YoY basis and stood at Rs.877 crore.
- EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization) was up 54% and stood at Rs.252 crore on YoY basis.
- The Profit After Tax (PAT) was up 99% and stood at Rs.121 crore on YoY basis.
- The order book stood at an all-time high of Rs.6,034 crore.
- Domestic market contributed around 55% to the total revenue while the European market accounted for the rest.
- The company expects to double its annual net profit by the fiscal year 2020 to Rs.670 crore.
- Sterlite Tech recently acquired an Italian optical fibre cable (OFC) maker Metallurgica Bresciana for $ 47 million or about Rs.376 crore.
The key highlights of the company’s financial results for Q4 FY 2017-18 and full financial year ended 31 March 2018 are as follows:
- The PAT increased by 66% and stood at Rs.334 crore, up from Rs.201 crore for the previous year.
- EBIDTA for the full FY 2017-18 was Rs.789 crore, up 45%.
- The revenues reported an increase of Rs.24% and stood at Rs.3,205 crore.
- For Q4 FY 2017-18, the net profit increased by 77% and stood at Rs.112, up from Rs.64 crore for the corresponding period of the previous financial year.
- The revenues for Q4 were up by 20% and stood at Rs.847 crore.
- The order book reported a 73% YoY increase and stood at Rs.5,223 crore.
Sterlite Technologies Ltd. Stock Trends in 2018
- The opening price of Sterlite Technologies Ltd on 1 January 2018 was Rs.294 on NSE. The scrip crossed Rs.400 towards the end of the month. In February, the stock price decreased marginally and ended the month at Rs.353. The scrip continued to fall in the month of March and was at Rs.315 towards the end. The price of the stock increased in April and stood at Rs.352.
- In May, the scrip fell by 25 points and ended the month at Rs.329. The scrip continued to fall further in the month June. The opening price of the stock by the end of June stood at Rs.271. In July, the scrip picked up the pace and increased by 65 points. It stood at Rs.343 by the end of the month. The opening price of the stock on 20 August 2018 was Rs.362.
Sterlite Technologies Ltd. Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017
- On 1 January 2016, the price of the Sterlite Technologies Ltd. on NSE was Rs.96. The scrip fell marginally throughout the month and stood at Rs.84. In March, the price of the stock increased by more than 25 points and stood at Rs.93 by the end of the month. The scrip declined marginally at the month of April.
- In May, the price of the stock by the end of the month stood at Rs.92. The scrip fell marginally in June and July. The stock price by the end of July stood at Rs.89. In August, the price of the stock was stable and did not witness any major changes.
- The scrip fell by a couple of points in the month of September. However, it crossed the Rs.100 mark in October and stood at Rs.103 by the end of the month. In November and December 2017 the price of the stock fell marginally.
- The opening price of the stock at the beginning of January 2017 on NSE was Rs. The scrip increased by around 30 points by the end of the month and stood at Rs.125. Towards the end of February, the scrip was at Rs.134. In March, the scrip decreased marginally by the end of the month and stood at Rs.127. The scrip gained strength in April and crossed Rs.150 towards the end of the month.
- In May, the scrip continued to increase further and reached Rs.165. The price of the stock changed marginally in June. In July, the scrip increased by around 90 points and stood at Rs.234. In August the stock price changed marginally and ended the month at Rs.221.
- The scrip increased by a couple of points in September and continued to pick up the pace in October and up by around 50 points and ended the month at Rs.273. In November, the stock price declined by around 20 points. The scrip gained strength in December and ended the month at Rs.293.
Should you invest in Sterlite Technologies Ltd.?
- Sterlite Technologies Ltd. reported a strong growth in the FY 2017-18 as well as the Q1 FY 2018-19.
- The stock price of the company has been stable for the past couple of years. However, it has increased slowly over the years and has not reported high fluctuation. You could invest in the Sterlite Technologies Ltd. stock of for a long-term. It is strongly advised to do thorough research before investing money in the stock market as it is volatile in nature. You can also look out for mutual funds as an alternative investment option.
Sterlite Technologies Ltd. offers a digital web-scale across an array of products, services and software. The company offers network solutions to telecom companies, data centres, tower companies, OTTs and ISPs. It has global scale manufacturing facilities in India, China and Brazil along with 2 Software Delivery Centres in India. It has undertaken projects such as establishing high-speed Fibre-to-the-Home (FTTH) networks, smarter data network for the Armed Forces, rural broadband for BharatNet, Smart Cities’ development, and much more.
Management of the Company
Dr. Anand Agarwal - Group CEO
Anand became the CEO of the company in 2003, he has led the organisation’s transformation from a leading global provider of optical fibre to enabling digital inclusion by designing, building and managing smarter digital networks. Anand is a BTech from IIT Kanpur and an MS and Ph.D. in Materials Engineering from the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA. He joined Sterlite Tech in 1995.
Mr.Ankit Agarwal - CEO Products Business
Ankit joined Sterlite Tech in 2010. He plays an important role in the day-to-day working of the telecom products business that includes optical fibre, fibre cables and kits and speciality cables. He also heads the manufacturing, supply chain, sales and delivery for this business unit. Ankit has completed his Bachelor’s from the University of Southern California and MBA from London Business School.
Listings in NSE, BSE, and Indices
The stocks of TV18 Broadcast Ltd. are available for trading on the two major stock exchanges of India - The National Stock Exchange Limited (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
- BSE: 532374
- NSE: STRTECHEQ
- ISIN: INE089C01029
- Sector: Finance - Cables
The company forms a part of important indices like:
- Nifty 500
- Nifty 200
- Nifty Alpha 50
- Nifty LargeMidcap 250
- Nifty Midcap 100
- Nifty Midcap 150
- S&P BSE 500
- S&P BSE 150
- S&P BSE 250
- S&P BSE Telecom
Regus - Level 3,
The Belvedere Building,
RajBhavan Road, Somajiguda,
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds.It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.