Central Bank of India offers education loans for studies in India and abroad at attractive interest rates. The education loans provided by the bank come with various benefits and features. Up to 100% of the collateral security may be provided as a loan.
Central Bank of India Education Loan Interest Rates
|Schemes||Maximum Loan Amount||Interest Rates|
|Cent Vidyarthi||100% of the collateral security||8.50% - 9.00%|
|Scheme for financing Executive MBA||Rs.20 lakh (the loan amount may be increased depending on the collateral)||6.85% - 8.25%|
|Cent Skill Loan||Rs.1,50,000||8.65% - 8.70%|
|Cent Vidyarthi – IIMs and other institutes||Rs.40 lakh||6.85%|
Find education loan interest rates here.
How to Apply for a Central Bank of India Education Loan
You will need to visit the bank to avail an education loan from Central Bank of India. Once the application form and the relevant documents are submitted, the bank will check if you meet the eligibility criteria before providing the loan. Various factors such as the university you have secured admission at, the marks that you have scored, and the collateral that is provided will be considered before the loan is provided.
Central Bank of India Education Loan EMI Calculator
You can use BankBazaar’s education loan EMI calculator to check the monthly instalments in case you wish to avail a loan from Central Bank of India. The calculator is easy to use and correct results are given for the details that are entered. When compared to manual calculations, you can save time. Once details such as the processing fee, rate of interest, tenure, and loan amount are entered, the total interest that is paid and the EMIs will be displayed immediately.
- Income Tax Returns (ITR) of the last 2 years.
- Salary slips for the last 3 months.
- Bank statements of the previous 6 months.
- ITR of 2 years.
- Audited balance sheet.
- Bank statements of the previous 1 year.
Documents related to the Education Loan
- Admission proof.
- Certificates of Class X and Class XII.
- Graduation mark sheets.
- Fee structure.
- Receipt of payments made.
- Entrance exam scores.
Features and Benefits
The features and benefits of the different education loan schemes offered by Central Bank of India are mentioned below:
- Loans are provided for higher studies in India and abroad.
- 100% of the collateral security may be provided as a loan.
- The rate of interest starts from 8.50% p.a.
- Repayment will begin 6 months after you secure a job or 12 months after you finish the course.
- In the case of loans of up to Rs.7.50 lakh, the repayment tenure is up to 10 years.
- In the case of loans of more than Rs.7.50 lakh, the repayment tenure is up to 15 years.
- No security will be needed to provide for loans of up to Rs.4 lakh.
- Collateral will be needed to be provide for loans of more than Rs.4 lakh.
- No processing fee is levied for higher studies in India.
- You must be at least 23 years old to avail the loan.
- You must have secured admission for the Executive MBA programme at a recognised institute in India or abroad.
- A co-borrower is mandatory.
- No processing fee is levied.
- You must be an Indian citizen and must have worked for at least 2 years.
- The interest rates are lower if you have secured admission at one of the institutes that come under Schedule A or Schedule B.
Cent Vidyarthi – IIMs and Other Institutes
- The maximum loan that will be provided is Rs.40 lakh.
- No collateral or security needs to be provided.
- The loan will be sanctioned in the name of the student.
- The parents-in-law, spouse, guardian, or parents may be the co-borrower.
- No margin.
Cent Skill Loan
- You must be an Indian citizen.
- You must have secured admission for a course that is run by a government organisation.
- There is no minimum age requirement.
- The minimum and maximum loan that can be availed are Rs.50,000 and Rs.1,50,000, respectively.
- No processing fee is levied.
- No guarantee or collateral needs to be provided.
- Depending on the loan amount, the repayment tenure may be up to 7 years.
Can I download the application form online?
Yes, you can download the application form from https://www.centralbankofindia.co.in/pdf/Cent_Vidyarthi.pdf.
How many times can I avail the interest subsidy scheme?
The interest subsidy scheme can be availed only once.
How long will it take for the bank to process the education loan?
The bank may take up to 14 working days to process the education loan.
How long is the moratorium period?
The moratorium period is the duration of the course plus one year.
Can my parents be the co-borrowers?
Yes, your parents can be co-borrowers.