City Union Bank Vidyavani Education Loan Scheme supports meritorious and deserving students by helping them financially to pursue higher education in India and foreign countries. This education loan scheme also helps the poor and needy students to avail basic education.
Features and benefits:
Educational loan is a fantastic option for students who are meritorious and want to pursue higher education in India and abroad. Not only can the students pay their school, college and hostel fees easily, but also they can pay their library, examination and laboratory charges. City Union Bank loan helps students to buy books, instruments and other equipment required during their course of study. The loan amount can be used to pay the caution deposit, but it should not be more than 10 percent of the total tuition fees for the whole course. Students can use the loan amount for travel, study tours, project works etc., and can also pay their insurance premium, if any.
City Union Bank Education loan interest rate for studies in India and abroad:
Upto Rs. 4 lakh
Above Rs. 4 lakh
For studying in India, students do not need to pay any upfront fees or processing charges. However, students need to pay 0.20 percent processing fee for studying in foreign countries.
The students and their parents can repay the interest amount on loan during the holiday period. In case the students or their parents don’t choose this option, the payable interest amount will be added to the principal loan amount and repaid as monthly instalments. At the beginning of the repayment process, the EMI amount will be fixed and the complete loan amount is to be paid in a span of 5 to 7 years.
Upto Rs. 4 lakh: Parents and guardians will be co-obligants when the student applies for the education loan.
Above Rs. 4 lakh and up to Rs. 7.50 lakh: The parents or the guardian should provide third party guarantee with collateral security. The bank may waive the condition of obtaining third party guarantee if it feels that the parents or the guardian is capable of repaying the loan amount without a need for security.
Above Rs. 7.50 lakh: Security of immovable property and third party guarantee should be equal to the amount of educational loan granted to the student. The security can be in the form of building, land, public sector bonds, government securities, life insurance policies, NSCs, KVPs, gold, shares, MF units etc. in the name of the student, parents, guardian or any other third party signing as guarantor. In case, the land or building has already been mortgaged, then the unencumbered part can be provided as security on a second charge basis, considering the fact that it covers the loan amount. The spouse or parents-in-law can be co-obligators in case of a married individual.
City Union Bank educational loan has nil margin for borrowers when the loan amount is up to Rs. 4 lakh. For a loan amount above Rs. 4 lakh, 5 percent of the loan amount is to be paid by the borrower for studying in India and 15 percent for studied in foreign countries. Any scholarship or assistantship can be also included in the margin set by the bank. When disbursements happen on a pro-rata basis, the margin can be introduced in a year to year basis.
Quantum of Finance:
The loan amount provided by City Union Bank depends on the repayment capacity of the student, parents or the guardian. For pursuing studies in India, a loan amount of maximum Rs 10 lakh can be provided by the bank and a maximum of Rs. 20 lakh can be provided by the bank for studying abroad.
- Graduation courses like B.Sc, B.A, and B.Com etc.
- Post-Graduation Courses like M.Sc, M.A, M.Com, M.S or Ph.D.
- Professional courses including medical, engineering, veterinary, agriculture, dental, law, management etc.
- Courses like ICWA, CA, CFA etc. are eligible.
- Degree of Diploma courses like pilot training, shipping etc. approved by the Director General of Civil Aviation or Shipping Company.
- Specific evening courses approved by different recognized institutes.
- Courses approved by AICTE, UGC, ICMR, AIBMS etc.
- Job oriented technical and professional graduation courses offered by several renowned universities.
- Post-Graduation courses like MCA, MBA, MS and PhD etc.
- Different courses conducted by CPA, CIMA-London etc.
- The student or candidate should be a resident of India.
- The student should produce proof of secured admission through entrance or selection. Test conducted by the respective university.
- The educational loan does not depend on the age of the student or applicant.
City Union Bank Educational Loan FAQs:
- What is the repayment schedule? The repayment schedule for City Union Bank begins after one year of completion of the course or six months after you get a job, whichever is earlier. The student is supposed to repay the loan on EMI basis.
- How is the EMI calculated? The Equated Monthly Instalments (EMI) depends on the tenor that the student opts for. The longer the loan term, smaller are the monthly instalments. If the student chooses to repay the loan in a smaller tenure, he would have to pay higher monthly instalments.
- 3. Is there any age limit to avail CIty Union Bank education loan? No, the educational loan offered by City Union Bank does not depend of the age of the student or the applicant.
- What is the maximum amount of loan that I can avail? City Union Bank Educational loan scheme provides with Rs.10 lakh for courses in India and Rs. 20 lakh for courses in foreign countries.
- Are there any processing fees? No processing fee is charged by City Union Bank for borrower students studying in India. However, 0.20 percent processing fee is charged for pursuing courses in foreign countries.
- Planning to Take an Education Loan? Here Are a Few Tips
- Education Loan for Engineering Students in India
- Education Loan for Working Professionals in India
- PAN Card Mandatory for Education Loan
- Top 5 banks Providing Education Loan for Medical Students
- Top Education Loan Providers in India for Foreign Education
- What Makes You Eligible for an Educational Loan?
- Whom to Consult For an Education Loan: Bank or NBFC?
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.