The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is a digital platform where registered scholarship seekers can apply for more than 50 scholarships from state and central governments, the University Grants Commission (UGC), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), and other government agencies. Scholarships from standard 1 to the PhD level are available here.
The NSP was is a one-stop digital platform for application to disbursal of scholarships under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). The scholarships are disbursed directly to the bank account of the beneficiary, thus ensuring a speedy and transparent process through the Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive, and Transparent (SMART) system.
How to Apply for Scholarships through the NSP
You can only apply for the NSP if the educational institution you are currently studying in is registered on the portal. If it is not registered, you can get in touch with your institute to initiate the registration process.
The steps required to apply for NSP are as given below:
- Visit the official website of NSP at https://nsp.gov.in/
- Click on the ‘'New Registration’' button on the top navigation tab
- Read the guidelines carefully
- Tick on the boxes at the bottom of the page to show you have read and agreed to the guidelines
- Click on ‘'Continue’'
- Fill in the required details
- Click on ‘'Register’'
- A student application ID and password will be sent to your registered mobile number
How to Login
Once you have completed the registration process as described above, you can start the log-in process with steps as given below:
- Click on the log-in button on the website of NSP
- Enter the application ID and the password that was sent to your registered mobile number
- Once you log in, a One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number
- You will now be directed to change your password
- Once the password has been changed, you will be directed to the applicant’s dashboard
- Click on ‘'Application Form’'
- Fill in all the required details
- Click on the button ‘'Save and Continue’'
- Now add the scheme details and your contact details
- Upload the necessary documents
- Click on ‘'Save as Draft’' first to verify and check all details first
- Click on ‘'Final Submit’'
Applying for Scholarships Via Mobile App
To apply for scholarships through NSP through the mobile app, download the app from the Google Play Store. It is also available through the Government of India’s UMANG mobile app. All you have to do is register and apply for the scholarship.
The documents required for the NSP application are as given below:
- Educational documents
- Domicile certificate
- If your educational institute is located in a place different your domicile certificate, you would have to furnish a bonafide student certificate
- Income certificate
- Bank passbook
- Caste certificate, if applicable
- Aadhaar number
Services Provided by NSP
The following services are provided by the NSP:
- Information on all courses and institutes on a pan-India level is available on the platform
- You can check your scholarship eligibility and track the application status on the platform
- Authorities can verify applications online
- The Decision Support System (DSS) enables seamless communication between different ministries and departments
Find your education loan eligibility criteria here.
There are several benefits to the National Scholarship Portal, some of which are:
- An integrated application process for all scholarships makes it easier, simpler, and faster
- Scholarships of different kinds are available on a single platform
- Greater transparency for allocation and disbursal of scholarship funds
- What courses are eligible for scholarships?
- When does the application process start?
- Is it possible to apply for the NSP scholarship offline?
- Is Aadhaar mandatory for the NSP application?
- Which states offer scholarships through the NSP?
Scholarships are available for classes 1 through 10, class 11 and 12, UG and PG, as well as technical and professional courses.
For scholarships funded by the central government, applications start from August and end in November. For state-sponsored scholarships, there is no timeline.
No, you can only apply for the NSP scholarships directly through its official website.
Aadhaar is not mandatory to apply for the NSP scholarship. You can also apply using your Aadhaar enrollment ID.
The NSP scholarship is offered by the following states: Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar, Chandigarh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Manipur, and Meghalaya, Tripura, and Uttarakhand.