Education is unlimited and everlasting. We get educated and educate ourselves all our lives in one way or the other. As an indispensable tool that help us figure out a way in the world, education brings us a lot more than worldly amplifications. Anyone may have inclination and endowment for studies. But not everyone has ample resources to chase their dreams. Government of India and RBI too believes that this cannot be the reason to impede anyone from their education and has introduced education loans with subsidized interest rates.
Syndicate Bank's commitment to education dates back to decades as it was the first bank to start a series of Rural Training Institutions designed to empower the youths in villages through vocational training. SB Education Loan can be obtained from any local branch close to the applicant’s place of permanent residence.
Features & Benefits of Syndicate Bank Education Loan:
Objective/ Purpose of Loan:
Syndicate Bank as per the Government and RBI regulation, offers educational loans for students who wish to pursue any course in India or abroad at subsidized interest rates. It will take care of every expense related to the course, which need to be paid back only after landing a job upon course completion.
Expenses considered for Syndicate Bank Education Loan:
SB education loans are granted purely on the basis of need, which include:
- Course fee
- Hostel fee
- Exam fee
- Cost of books, instruments and travel for educational purposes
- Other passage fares for international education
[Note that capitation fee, donation amount or money for external coaching will not be granted.]
Amount of Education Loan:
The applicant can request for a maximum of INR. 10 lakh for studying in India and no more than INR. 20 lakh for studying overseas.
No processing charge or service charges are levied for Syndicate Bank Education Loans.
Prime Lending Rate is currently 13.25 percent
For Syndicate Bank education loans up to INR. 4 lakhs, the interest rate is Prime Lending Rate (PLR) minus 1.50 percent.
- For SB education loans above INR. 4 lakhs, the interest rate is PLR minus one percent.
- Girl students and students belonging to SC/ST group are entitled for a deduction of 0.50 percent on the aforementioned rates.
- Girl students under SC/ST group are qualified for an additional rebate of .25 percent on the said rates and together they get a concession of .75 percent.
The loan is expected to be repaid in five to seven years after one year of completing the course or six months after getting a job. You get an interest free window period of 6 months till the applicant finds a job.
- For SB Education Loans up to INR. 4 lakhs, there is no requirement for any security by the bank.
- For SB Education Loans between INR. 4 lakhs and INR. 7.50 lakhs, a security in the form of an acceptable third party guarantor is required.
- For SB Education Loans above INR. 7.50 lakhs, a collateral security with 25 percent margin covering the loan sum and transfer of future earnings of the student for repayment of loan after completing the course and securing a job is required.
- In all these scenarios, the parent or guardian or even the third party guarantor can join the transaction as co-debtor.
- For an SB Education Loan up to INR. 4 lakhs – Nil
- For loans more than INR. 4 lakhs – 5 percent for studying in India and 15 percent for overseas studies.
- Bachelors in Arts, Commerce & Science.
- Masters in Arts, Commerce & Science and MPhil and PhD.
- Professional Courses: Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary, Agriculture, Law, Computer Programming.
- Management Courses: BCA, MCA, BBM, BBA, and MBA, approved by All India Council for Technical Education.
- For Computer Studies, the recognized training institution must have authorization of DOE and Government of India to conduct the course under Department of Electronics Accreditation of Computer Course (DOEACC) Scheme.
- Computer Certification Courses of renowned institutions attributed to Department of Electronics or Institutes associated to Universities.
- Courses like CA, ICWA, and CFA.
- Courses held by IIT, IIM, IISc, XLRI, and NIFT.
- Courses provided in India by known international universities.
- Evening Courses from authorized institutes.
- Any other course offering a Diploma or Degree by UGC/ Govt approved colleges and universities.
- Courses conducted by National Institutes and other valid private institutes accepted by Syndicate Bank.
- Bachelors in any employment-centric professional or technical courses offered by renowned colleges or universities.
- Masters in MBA, MCA & MS.
- Any course held by CIMA-London, CPA in USA etc.
- Other International Diploma courses are non-eligible.
- Photocopy of mark sheet of the applicant’s latest qualifying public exam for school or college in India.
- Proof of admission to the course (Fee receipts, Transfer Certificate obtained from the institute).
- Two recent passport size photos of the prospective student, guardian and guarantor.
- Photocopy of any national ID card like passport, Voters ID, Driving License etc of all the student, parent(s) and guarantor.
- Most recent salary slips if you are a salaried person and income proofs like reference from clients, IT papers etc. if you are self-employed, freelancers, professionals, entrepreneurs or agriculturist.
Student Eligibility Criteria:
- The student should be an Indian citizen.
- Any prospective student who is aged above 18 and represents himself/ herself.
- Any minor student represented by parent or guardian (of Indian nationality).
- The student must have gotten merit-based admission in any professional, technical, or other courses through a valid entrance exam and other selection procedure.
- Slight waiver it or relaxation is also allowed under specific situations.
- The applicant (if planning to study overseas) must have already taken admission in approved foreign universities or institutes.
Central Scheme aims to deliver Interest Subsidy for the moratorium term on Educational Loans by students from financially weak families from scheduled banks under IBA’s Model Education Loan Scheme. Syndicate Bank too has adopted this scheme.
The student going abroad will be issued a Capability Certificate as a supporting document for the university.
Syndicate Bank Education Loan FAQs:
- How is the loan sum distributed? The fee for the entire course is usually paid to the institute/ university directly by the bank. Each year or semester, you must submit a form to the Syndicate Bank entailing information of the sum required.
- Can I apply for a second loan for further studies? This is possible at the discretion of the bank.
- What is the interest subsidy that I can avail on the SB Educational Loan? Syndicate Bank grants reduced interest rates if you begin to repay during the allowed window period between course completion and getting a job. After choosing floating rate loan, it can’t be changed to fixed rate loan halfway.
- What is the mode of paying back the loan? Repayment is normally done on an EMI basis. The money can be transferred electronically or you can also pay via cheques.
- Is there a prepayment fine? Penalty for prepayment is 5 percent of the remaining principal sum though you can negotiate it with the concerned bank official.
- Syndicate Bank Credit Card
- Syndicate Bank Personal Loan
- Syndicate Bank Car Loan
- Syndicate Bank Used Car Loan
- Syndicate Bank Recurring Deposit Rates
- Syndicate Bank Fixed Deposit Rates
- Syndicate Bank Personal Loan Interest Rates
- Syndicate Bank Personal Loan Eligibility
- Syndicate Bank Home Loan
- Syndicate Bank IFSC Code
- Syndicate Bank Two Wheeler Loan
- Planning to Take an Education Loan? Here Are a Few Tips
- Education Loan for Engineering Students in India
- Education Loan for Working Professionals in India
- PAN Card Mandatory for Education Loan
- Top 5 banks Providing Education Loan for Medical Students
- Top Education Loan Providers in India for Foreign Education
- What Makes You Eligible for an Educational Loan?
- Whom to Consult For an Education Loan: Bank or NBFC?
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.