Students who belong to SC, ST, OBC and other backward categories can apply for SSP Pre Matric Scholarship so that they can take care of their education fees and complete their education. Eligible students can apply for this scholarship by logging in to the State Scholarship Portal (SSP) which was launched by the Karnataka Government. Under this portal students can apply for both pre-matric and post-matric scholarships.
2021 Pre-Matric Scholarship Last Date
The last date to apply for a pre-matric scholarship is 15 March 2021. The application form can be obtained from the SSP.
How to Register for SSP Pre Matric Scholarship
- Visit the official website of SSP.
- Click on the ‘Create an account’ tab.
- Students who study in standards from I to X will have to select the ‘pre matric’ option.
- Enter your ‘SATS ID’ in the box given below and click on ‘Get Data’ following which the following details such as your name, date of birth, the school in which you study, and the name of your mother and father will be displayed on your computer screen.
- Check the details mentioned and then click on ‘Save and Proceed’.
- Click on the pop up containing the details of your SATS.
- If the details related to your SATS are correct, then click ‘Yes’, otherwise click ‘No’. You will have to keep this in mind that if you click ‘Yes’ despite any information related to your SATS being wrong, the SSP officials will reject your application.
- Once you click ‘Yes’, provide your mobile number and click on ‘Submit’, following which you will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on your mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’.
- The next step will require you to create a password. Make sure your password consists of minimum eight characters and has a number. Also, there should not be any blank spaces in your password. Click on ‘Submit’.
- Once you submit the details, your SSP scholarship account will be activated. The details to log in to the portal which is your User ID and Password will be sent to your mobile number.
How to Login SSP Pre Matric Scholarship
- Click on the link https://ssp.karnataka.gov.in/.
- Click on ‘Student Login’, following which you will have to enter your User ID and Password and click on ‘Login’.
- Once you have logged in, you can apply for pre-matric scholarship by choosing the option ‘Apply for SSP pre-matric scholarship’.
- You will then have to provide details such as the school in which you study, year of study, name of your guardians, date of birth, mobile number, Aadhaar number, and email ID. Once all the details have been provided, click on ‘Save and Proceed’.
- Provide the details of your course and click on ‘Save and Proceed’. Once all the details have been successfully submitted, you will receive an acknowledgment message on your screen. If you have an Aadhaar Card, click on the ‘e-sign’ button.
- The final step will require you to submit the details of your scholarship to your school along with a copy of the acknowledgment message.
Eligibility Criteria for SSP Pre Matric Scholarship
- If you belong to SC, ST, OBC or any other backward community, then you can apply for SSP pre-matric scholarship.
- If you study in standards between I to X, then you are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- You must have secured a minimum of 50% in your previous qualification exams. The students of Standard I are exempted from this criterion.
- The minimum annual income of your family should not be more than Rs.1 lakh p.a.
- If either or both your parents are into unclean occupation, then you can apply for this scholarship as well.
Know more about education loans here.
Documents Required for SSP Pre Matric Scholarship
Given below is the list of documents to be submitted in order to apply for SSP pre-matric scholarship:
- Your SATS number
- Caste certificate
- Mobile number
- Your or your parents Aadhaar details
- Certificate of income
- Details of your bank account
- E-attestation number
- Mark sheet
- Bonafide or study certificate
- Receipt of the fees paid
- Certificate stating your stay at a hostel
- Disability card number if applicable
- Certificate of kin of defence personnel
How to Track the Status of SSP
- Click on the official SSP Portal.
- On the main page, click on ‘Track Student Scholarship Status’.
- Enter your SATS ID and the financial year and click on ‘Search’.
List of Pre Matric Scholarship Schemes
|SSP Scholarship Departments||SSP Scholarships|
|Department of Backward Classes Welfare||
|Department of Tribal Welfare||
|Department of Social Welfare||
Given below are the following helpline numbers you can contact in case of any query:
|Department of Social Welfare||9008400010 / 9008400078|
|Department of Tribal Welfare||080-22261789|
|Minority Department Welfare||080-22535931|
|Department of Backward Classes Welfare||080-22374836 / 8050770005|