The SSP Post Matric Scholarship by the Government of Karnataka is for both pre-matric and post-matric students from economically backward backgrounds belonging to minority communities as well as Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Class (OBC), and Economically Backward Classes (EBC). The scheme has 30% of the quota reserved for girl students.
2021 Last Date & Application Form
The last date for the SSP Post Matric Scholarship is 15 March 2021.
How to Register for SSP Post Matric Scholarship?
You can register for the SSP Post Matric Scholarship by following the steps given below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of SSP Karnataka
Step 2: On the homepage, click on ‘Create Account’
Step 3: Fill in the required details
Step 4: Choose the plan that you need from the check boxes
Step 5: Click on ‘Save & Proceed’
Step 6: Confirm if the SATS ID details are correct and click ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ (if no, fill in the correct ID)
Step 7: Enter your mobile number in the relevant box
Step 8: Click on ‘Submit’
Step 9: An OTP will be generated and sent to the mobile number that was provided
Step 10: Confirm the OTP
Step 11: Change your password
Step 12: Click on 'Submit'. The User ID and password will be sent to your registered mobile number
How to Login SSP Post Matric Scholarship?
To log in to your account, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Enter the User ID and password
Step 2: Click on 'Login'
Step 3: Navigate to the ‘Student Account’ page
Step 4: Enter your student NSP ID, Aadhar details, RD number for Income and Caste Certificate, as well as student personal details. Also select whether you are a day scholar or hosteller and your religion.
Step 5: Click on ‘Save & Proceed’. The acknowledgment will be displayed on the screen. A printout of the acknowledgment should be taken and submitted to the educational institution
Step 6: If one of your parents has Aadhaar, click on “e-Sign”
Step 7: An OTP will be sent to the registered number of your parent’s Aadhar
Step 8: Confirm the OTP
If parent does not have a registered Aadhar number or Aadhar, then download the consent form from the official website and submit it to your educational institution
Eligibility Criteria for SSP Post Matric Scholarship
- Domicile of Karnataka
- Annual family income below Rs.2 lakh
- Minimum 50% marks in this previous examination
- Students seeking admission in 11th, 12th, B.Com, and ITI courses
- Graduates from ST, SC, OBC, central OBC, EBC, and minority categories
Eligibility Criteria for SSP Pre Matric scholarship
- Parents or guardians having jobs involving health hazards and cleaning
- Annual family Income below Rs.1 lakh
- Minimum 50% marks in the previous board exam
- Students from Class 10 and below standards
- Minority communities
Check Education loan eligibility criteria here.
Documents Required for SSP Post-Matric Scholarship
- Income and caste certificates
- EID number or Aadhar number of the student and parent
- Memo of marks from the previous year
- SATS ID
- NSP ID
- Bank account details
- Mobile number
- Passport size photographs
Documents Required for SSP Pre-Matric Scholarship
- Hostel registration certificate
- Memo of marks from the previous year
- Study certificate
- Income and caste certificates.
- Fee receipt
How to Track Student Scholarship Status
To track your student scholarship status, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of SSP
Step 2: On the homepage, click on the link for 'Track Student Scholarship Status'
Step 3: Enter your SATS ID
Step 4: Enter the relevant financial Year.
Step 5: Click on ‘Search’ button
The status of your scholarship application will be displayed on the screen.
List of Post-Matric Scholarships
These are the post-matric scholarships offered by the various departments under this scheme:
Backward Classes Welfare Department
- Vidya Siri
- Stipend and fee Concession for nursing students
- Fee concession plan
Department of Minority Welfare
- Fee Reimbursement
- Merit Cum Means
Social Welfare Department
- Pre-Matric for SC students
- Post-Matric for SC students
- Schemes for Pre-Matric graduates whose parents have jobs with health hazards or cleaning
Tribal Welfare Department
- Pre-Matric for ST students
- Post-Matric for ST students
These are the helpline numbers to know more about this scheme:
Backward Classes Welfare Department: 080-22374836 / 8050770005
Department of Minority Welfare: 080-22535931
Tribal Welfare Department: 080-22261789
Social Welfare Department: 9008400010 / 9008400078