The IDFC First Bank Flagship MBA Scholarship is for the benefit of meritorious but financially challenged students who need funds to complete their postgraduation in business studies. It has so far benefited more than 500 students across 22 states in India. It is a scholarship of up to Rs.2 lakh for students who have secured admission on their own merit in B-schools and who have an annual family income not exceeding Rs.6 lakh per annum. The students who are selected for the scholarship will receive Rs.1 lakh per year to cover the tuition costs of the MBA course.
How to Apply for IDFC First Bank MBA Scholarship Online/Offline
To apply for the scholarship, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of IDFC First Bank
- Click on ‘'CSR’' in the navigation bar on top
- From the dropdown menu, click on ‘'MBA Scholarship Program’'
- On the page, click on the link ‘'Click here to Apply’'
- You will be redirected to the scholarship page where you need to create an account (Register)
- After registration is complete, fill up the required details and upload the necessary documents
- Save the changes and submit the application
- You will receive an application number which can be used to track your application status
- Your application will be reviewed and the results sent to your registered email address and will also be available on the portal
Looking to Study Abroad: Compare Best Education Loans to Study Abroad
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
The eligibility criteria for the scholarship is as given below:
- Applicants should be Indian nationals
- Only courses in India
- Only full-time MBA courses
- Gross annual family income not exceeding Rs.6 lakh per annum
Check your education loan eligibility criteria here.
Documents Required and Application Form
The documents required to apply for the scholarship are as given below:
- Identity proof (Voter ID card, driving license, Aadhaar card)
- Photograph of applicant
- Admission proof (ID card, fee receipt, admission letter, etc.)
- Academic records (marksheets of 10th, 12th, and graduation)
- Income proof (salary slip of parents/income tax returns or Form 16A/income certificate by Magistrate or Tahsildar)
- How many scholarships are provided under the IDFC First Flagship MBA program?
- Are students of PGDM programmes eligible for this scholarship?
- How do I know which colleges are eligible for the scholarship?
- What is the process of selection for this scholarship?
- What is the application fee for the scholarship?
The maximum number of scholarships that are provided under this program is 150.
Yes, PGDM programmes which are equivalent to 2-year full-time MBA courses are eligible for this scholarship.
The list of colleges that are eligible for the scholarship is available on the IDFC First Bank website on the page for the programme.
Shortlisted candidates will be called over a telephonic interview. Following this, there will be a face-to-face interview also if required.
There is no application fee for the scholarship since this is offered under the bank’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative.