Kerala Government has launched an education loan repayment scheme for the students of the state. This scheme was introduced with the aim to help students in paying their education loans. The students who want to register their names on Kerala Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme can visit the elrs.kerala.gov.in website. Now let us have a look at the table given below:
|Name of the Scheme||Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme|
|Introduced By||Government of Kerala|
|Major Beneficiaries||State students|
|Mode of Application||Online mode|
Eligibility Criteria of Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme
The following are the eligibility criteria for Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme:
- The student should be a permanent resident of Kerala.
- Degree Online Services Telangana (DOST) candidates who have obtained education loans from Kerala Gramin Bank, Kera Scheduled Commercial Bank, and Kerala State Cooperative Agricultural and Rural Development (KSCARD) Bank are eligible.
- Applicants secured seats under the management quota for nursing training courses.
- The current annual income of students must be within four times of scheduled annual repayment loan amount.
Students who want to apply for the Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme should submit the following documents:
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) card
- Aadhar card
- Std.10 pass certificate
- Eligibility certificate issued by village officer and countersigned by gazetted officer
- Course completion certificate
- Salary slips in case of students who work in private or government sectors
How to Register for Education Loan Repayment Scheme?
Let us have a look at the step-by-step procedure to apply for the Education Loan Repayment Scheme:
- Visit http://elrs.kerala.gov.in/.
- Click on ‘Add Student Registration Form’
- You will be redirected to a new web page.
- Enter all your details on the online education loan repayment student registration form such as student name, date of birth, student type, email ID, mobile number, and year of passing.
- Upload the scanned copies of the PAN card, Std.10 pass certificate, and Aadhar card.
- Click on ‘Submit’
- You will receive a user ID and password on your registered mobile number
How to Apply for Education Loan Repayment Scheme?
The following are the steps to apply for an education loan repayment scheme:
- Visit http://elrs.kerala.gov.in/.
- Log in using your user ID and password.
Now, enter the following details:
- Permanent address
- Name and other details of co-borrower
- Student category
- Details of professional courses
- Non-Resident Indian (NRI) and Management Quota
- Date of course completion
- Bank details from which loan was taken
- Current employment details of student
- Current annual income
Benefits of Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme
The benefits of the Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme are given below:
- The Kerala government will bear 90% of the repayment amount during the first year, 75% during the second year, 50% during the third year, and 25% during the fourth year.
- The government will pay 60% of the principal amount for the loans up to Rs.4 lakh and the remaining amount will be paid by the borrower.
Elrs Kerala Customer Support
If you have any queries on Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme, you can contact the helpline number 04712517187 or email at email@example.com.
- Can I apply for Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme offline?
- Who can apply for the Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme?
No. You have to apply for Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme online by visiting http://elrs.kerala.gov.in/.
The students who reside in Kerala can apply for the Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme.