What is Flash?
Flash is a private blockchain platform that it based on the fork of LiteCoin. Developed in Canada, Flash is a platform for application development and consumer marketing. It was founded by Flashnet Tech, Inc. with support from donors who received Counterparty assets called FLASHPRE and MEGAFLASH. Flash claims to offer faster transactions at a lower cost on a distributed blockchain. Flash Coin is designed for communities and is not a utility or security token. Commercial users can use Flash platform to build
applications and charge fees, sending Flash tokens directly into the app developer’s wallet.
Features of Flash
- Highly Secure: The Flash platform has been made secured by using Curve25519
Elliptic Curve encryption, which is now standard on bitcoin or Litecoin.
- Compatibility: As Flash coin is compatible with bitcoin and BTC/LTC, it is easier add to new exchanges following which they can be ported to open source software tools like the Trezor hardware wallet.
- Faster transactions: Transactions are fast on the platform as they can be settled in less than 2 seconds. Coins can also be re-sent immediately to another community member.
- Lower transaction fees: As the coins are premined, the transaction fees are lower compared to other coins.
- Zero Inflation: All Flash coins were issued to the community and the platform will not issue new coins ever. Therefore, if you want to buy some Flash coins, you will have to trade with community members.
Where to buy Flash?
Flash supports legal cryptocurrency exchanges such as Coinexchange.io, CryptoWolf, Cryptobrige, Cryptopia etc.
Flash coins cannot be mined as they are already premined.
Flash has native web wallets for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Unbuntu and a mobile wallet for Android devices. It also supports a number of online wallets including Coinomi, Coin Payments, ETHOS, etc.
The price of one Flash token at the beginning of January 2018 was around $0.1834. However, the price of the token kept falling in the following months. By the starting of March 2018, the price was stable at $0.0324. On 18 May 2018, the market capitalisation of Flash Coin was $20,034,180 while price of 1 Flash Coin was $0.022260.
Risks involved with investing in Flash
Cryptocurrencies are highly volatile in nature and hence it is not easy to predict their rise or fall. They are also subject to government regulations. Hence, investing in mutual funds instead could be a better and more reliable option.