A large population of the country depends on agriculture and daily wages. To protect their interest, the Central government and State government together have issued an identity card. This card is called a labour card.
All the labour card holders are entitled to multiple benefits and facilities like free education, assistance in child birth, etc.
Types of Labour Card
There are two types of labour card issued in India – Building card and social card.
- Building cards are issued to those who are working under a licenced contractor. This is a popular card and allows the holder to avail themselves of almost all the benefits.
- Social cards are issued to those who are involved in non-building activities like farming, cultivation, etc. This card allows the holder to avail themselves of health insurance benefits.
Benefits of Labour card
Labour cards allow the holder to avail themselves of multiple benefits. They are as listed below:
- Free Health Insurance Benefit under Biju Swathya Kalyan Yojana and PM Aysuhman Bharat Yojana.
- Child birth assistance.
- Assistance during daughter’s marriage.
- Zero cost education for children
- Life insurance benefits for children
- Home loan assistance
- Assistance to upgrade skills
- Assistance to buy cycle
- Loans and advances for house construction under the Nirmana Shramik Pakka Ghar Yojana
Documents required to apply for Labour card
The documents listed below are required to apply for labour card:
- Bank account number
- Aadhar card
- Family member’s Aadhar card
- Passport size photograph
- Ration card (optional)
Eligibility criteria to apply for Labour card in Bihar
You should fulfill the below-mentioned criteria to be eligible for labour card:
- You should be 18 years up to 60 years of age.
- You should be registered as a labourer with the District Labour Office in your area.
- You should be a resident of Bihar state.
How to apply/register for Labour Card online in Bihar?
Follow the steps given below to apply for labour card online in Bihar:
- Visit Official Website
- Click on ‘online registration and renewal’ tab
- Read all the instructions given on ‘Labour act management’ page that appears on the screen
- Click on ‘New Registration’ tab to register yourself on the portal
- Create a ‘User ID’ and ‘Password’ for yourself by providing the required details
- Login on to the portal using your user ID and password
- Complete all the required details and upload all the required valid documents
- On completing the application, submit it.
- You will have to pay the application fee
Fee payment can also be made offline. To make payment offline, you need to generate the challan and pay the fee at your nearest bank.
How to apply/register for Labour Card offline in Bihar?
Follow the steps given below to apply for labour card offline in Bihar:
- Visit Official Website and download the form
- You can also get a form from Bihar labour department
- Fill in your details in the registration form
- Submit it along with the relevant documents
- Pay the application fee
- Once verified successfully, your application will be approved and you will be granted a labour card.
How to check the labour card registration status?
Follow the steps mentioned below to check the labour card registration status:
- Visit thiswebsite
- Click on ‘Click here to know Labour Registration Status’
- You can either enter your Aadhar card number, application number or Registration number to check the status.
- Enter the ‘Captcha’.
- Select the ‘Search’ tab
FAQs on Labour card in Bihar
- What are the minimum and maximum age limits to apply for a labour card in Bihar?
To apply for a labour card in Bihar, you must be aged between 18 years and 60 years.
- Can I view the district-wise labour card beneficiary list?
Yes. The district-wise labour card list is available and you can check it by choosing your respective district.
- How can I renew my labour card?
You need to visit the Bihar labour department and renew your labour card.
- Can an online application be made for labour card in Bihar?
Yes, you can apply online for labour card in Bihar.
- Who all can apply for labour card?
Construction workers, electricians, plumbers, painters and other labourers can apply for labour card.