The government of Punjab has introduced an online e-portal for the registration of Punjab labour cards. All construction workers and labourers can register for a labour card by accessing this online portal. Workers will be able to avail themselves of various benefits offered in government schemes by using this labour card. The National Informatics Center (NIC) has designed this portal specifically for labour laws and workers’ health, safety, and welfare.
Through this online e-labour portal, workers will be able to access online services. All the benefits will be transferred directly to the bank accounts of the workers. The idea behind introducing the online e-portal was to eliminate the need to visit several government offices in order to obtain labour cards and go through time-consuming procedures. This way, workers can save their time and apply for a labour card at their convenience.
Eligibility Criteria for Labour Card in Punjab
To apply for a labour card in Punjab, you have to fulfil the following eligibility conditions:
- You must be aged between 18 years and 60 years.
- You must not work in the organised sector or be a member of EPF/NPS/ESIC.
- Your monthly income must be Rs.15,000 or less.
- You must be an unorganised worker.
- You must not be an income taxpayer.
Documents Required for Labour Card in Punjab
You will require the following documents to apply for a labour card in Punjab
- Proof of identity (Aadhaar card)
- Savings Account or Jan Dhan account number with IFSC details
- Passport size photographs
How to Register for Labour Card in Punjab Online
The steps to register for a labour card in Punjab are mentioned below:
- Visit official website
- Click on ‘Create New Account’ on the homepage.
- A registration form will appear on the new page.
- Enter the required details such as your name, mobile number, email address, etc.
- Enter the captcha and click on ‘Submit’.
- Once you have registered, you can access your account with your username and password.
Benefits of Punjab E-Labour Portal
The benefits of Punjab’s e-labour portal are as follows:
- The e-labour portal of Punjab performs a variety of tasks such as online registration, one-time document submission, online application requests via a dynamic Common Application Form (CAF), online payment, and more in a hassle-free manner.
- Workers can save a lot of time since they don’t have to visit government offices to avail of services.
- Benefits from the Punjab State Labour Welfare Board's welfare schemes will be transferred directly into the bank accounts of the workers.
- Through this e-portal, the workers will be able to avail of various services such as the facility to view and download inspection reports, provide labour welfare contributions via an online payment channel, file annual returns, etc.
Benefits of Punjab Labour Card
The benefits offered to Punjab labour cardholders are as follows:
- Registered construction workers’ children (1st class to degree course) will be offered Rs.3,000 to Rs.70,000 per year under the stipend scheme.
- In the event of the death of a registered construction worker or their family member, Rs.20,000 will be offered for funeral expenses.
- An amount of Rs.20,000 per year will be offered to physically handicapped or mentally challenged children of the workers.
- A registered construction worker who has two daughters will be offered Rs.31,000 for the marriage of each daughter under the Shagun Yojana.
- The government offers a free cycle to the children of registered construction workers in Punjab who are in grades 9th to 12th.
FAQs on Labour Card in Punjab
- What is a Punjab labour card?
A Punjab labour card is an identity card provided to registered labourers or construction workers so that they can avail of numerous benefits from state-run beneficiary schemes.
- Can I apply for a labour card in Punjab online?
Yes. Through Punjab’s e-labour portal, you can apply for a labour card at your convenience.
- What are the minimum and maximum age limits to apply for a labour card in Punjab?
To apply for a labour card in Punjab, you must be aged between 18 years and 60 years.
- Does the Punjab labour card offer financial assistance for education?
Yes. The children of registered construction workers will be offered Rs.3,000 to Rs.70,000 under the stipend scheme.
- What is the minimum monthly income to be eligible for a labour card in Punjab?
To obtain a labour card in Punjab, your monthly income should be Rs.15,000 or less.