Construction workers or labourers who are registered with the Odisha Building and Other Construction Worker's Welfare Board, Government of Odisha can avail of a job card known as a labour card. To obtain a labour card in Odisha, workers will have to register themselves which can be done both online and offline. Upon successful verification, the district-wise labour card list will be published by the Board on the official website.
Eligibility Criteria for Labour Card in Odisha
The following eligibility conditions must be met if you want to apply for a labour card in Odisha:
- You must be aged between 18 years and 60 years.
- You must be registered as a labourer with the District Labour Office in your area.
- You must be an Odisha resident.
Documents Required for Labour Card in Odisha
You will require the following documents to apply for a labour card in Odisha:
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID/ Elector’s Photo ID Card
- Nomination in form XXXI
- Proof of address
- Passport size photographs
- A copy of the passbook
- Registration fee receipt of Rs.20 (paid in cash)
How to Register/Apply for Labour Card in Odisha Online
The online process to register for a labour card in Odisha is as follows:
- Visit Official website.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘Online Registration of Beneficiary’.
- The registration form will be displayed on the screen.
- Fill in your details and submit the form.
How to Register/Apply for Labour Card in Odisha Offline
The offline process to register for a labour card in Odisha is as follows:
- Visit Official Website.
- Click the ‘Download’ option.
- Click on ‘Registration Form’. A pdf registration form will be displayed.
- Download and take a printout of the form.
- Fill in your details in the registration form.
- Submit it along with the relevant documents.
- Upon successful verification, your application will be approved and you will be granted a labour card.
The following details have to be entered in the registration form:
- Construction worker's name
- Name of Father/Mother
- Marital status
- Particulars about the family
- Current address and permanent address
- Name and address of previous employers
- Educational qualifications
- Nature of job
- Details about bank account
- Ration card number
How to Check Labour Card List in Odisha
You can check the beneficiary list online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit Odisha Official Website.
- Click on the ‘Reports’ option displayed on the homepage.
- Click the ‘Reports on Beneficiaries’ link.
- A list of ‘District-wise Beneficiary Information’ will be displayed.
- Choose your respective district.
- A comprehensive list of all the beneficiaries will appear on the screen.
- You can get additional information by clicking on the registered number link.
Benefits of Labour Card
Labour cardholders are offered various benefits such as:
- Medical expenses are covered under Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana (BKKY)
- Assistance in the event of an accident
- Death benefit
- Financial assistance for education
- Financial assistance for improving labour skills
- Financial assistance for funerals
- Maternity Benefits
- Financial Assistance for marriage
- Assistance with the purchasing of work equipment
- Loans and advances for house construction under the Nirmana Shramik Pakka Ghar Yojana
- Financial assistance for the purchase of bicycles and safety equipment
FAQs on Labour Card in Odisha
- What is a labour card?
A labour card is an identification card provided by the labour department of state governments for the protection, development, and education of construction workers and labourers.
- Can I apply for a labour card in Odisha online?
Yes.You can apply for a labour card in Odisha both online and offline.
- How can I check the labour card list?
You can check the labour card list in Odisha by visiting the official website of Odisha’s labour department.
- What are the minimum and maximum age limits to apply for a labour card in Odisha?
To apply for a labour card in Odisha, you must be aged between 18 years and 60 years.
- Can I view the district-wise labour card beneficiary list?
Yes. The district-wise labour card list is available and you can check it by choosing your respective district.