Rajesh Exports Limited is a gold retailer in the country which designs as well as sells gold jewellery. In 2017, the company was ranked 295th on the Fortune Global 500.
The market capitalisation of Rajesh Exports Ltd. as on 31 August 2018 was Rs.19,795 crore.
Company’s Wealth and Recent Performance
The key financial highlights of the company’s standalone performance for the full FY 2017-18, ended 31 March 2018 are as follows:
- The company recorded a net income of Rs.33,698.07 crore
- The total expenses were Rs.33,209.669 crore.
- Profit Before Tax (PBT) stood at Rs.488.401 crore.
- Net Profit After Tax (PAT) stood at Rs. 441.184 crore.
- The total equity and liabilities were at Rs.19,929.382 crore.
- In February 2018 the company bagged an export order worth Rs.873 crore from a leading UAE based while label importer.
The key financial highlights of the company’s consolidated performance for the Q4 FY 2017-18, ended 31 March 2018 are as follows:
- The consolidated net profit recorded an increase of 11.17% that stood at Rs.369.2 crore, up from Rs.332.1 crore in the same quarter of FY 2016-17.
- The net sales reported a decrease from Rs.54,270 crore in the same quarter of FY 2016-17 to Rs.43,841.8 crore.
- As on 31 March 2018, the company’s order book stood at Rs.64,561.4 crore.
- The refining capacity has increased to 2,400 tonnes of gold pa after the acquisition of Valcambi, the world’s largest gold refinery in Switzerland.
Rajesh Exports Ltd. Stock Trends in 2018
- The opening price of the Rajesh Exports Ltd. stock at the beginning of January 2018 was Rs.804 on NSE. The scrip crossed Rs.850 by mid of the month. By the end of the month, the price of the stock stood at Rs.820. In the month of February, the stock price declined marginally. It stood at Rs.794 by the end of the month. The scrip had a good start in March and was at Rs.864 in the beginning, however it fell throughout the month. By the end of March, the price of the stock stood at Rs.720. In April, the scrip declined marginally.
- In the month of May, the stock price was stable at the beginning but fell towards the end of the month. It ended the month at Rs.615. In June, the scrip declined further to end the month at Rs.604. The price of the stock in July continued to decline by around 30-40 points and ended the month at Rs.576. In the month of August, the scrip picked up the pace by more than 90 points. The opening price of the stock by the end of August was Rs.673.
Rajesh Exports Ltd. Stock Trends in 2016 and 2017
- The opening price of the REL stock at the beginning of January 2016 was Rs.680 on NSE. The scrip continued to increase gradually throughout the month by around 45 points and stood at Rs.724 towards the end. In February, the scrip declined marginally and ended the month at Rs.706. In the month of March, the price of the stock declined further by around 115 points and stood at Rs.594. The scrip had a good start at the beginning of April and stood at Rs.639 however it fell throughout the month. By the end of April, the price of the stock was at Rs.575.
- In May, the scrip increased gradually and ended the month at Rs.562. The price of the stock in June declined by around 145 points and stood at Rs.432 by the end of the month. In July and August, the scrip was stable and did not change much. The price of the stock by the end of August stood at Rs.452.
- In the month of September, the scrip picked up the pace by around 40 points and stood at Rs.456 by the end. The scrip increased further in October and stood at Rs.490. In November, the price of the stock declined gradually and ended the month at Rs.462. The scrip was stable in December and did not change much.
- The opening price of the REL stock at the beginning of the January 2017 was Rs.462 on NSE. The scrip increased by around 30 points and ended the month at Rs.499. In February, the price of the stock increased by another 30 points and stood at Rs.529. The price of the stock in March gained strength and increased by around 70 points. By the end of March, the scrip stood at Rs.603. In April, the stock price was stable.
- In May, the scrip increased gradually and stood at Rs.652 by the end of the month. The price of the stock in June continued to increase by around 30 points and stood at Rs.691 towards the end of the month. In July, the scrip increased marginally and ended the month at Rs.702. The price of the stock in August continued to increase and was at Rs.739.
- In September, the scrip was up by around 80 points and stood at Rs.820 by the end of the month. The stock price declined gradually in the month of October and was at Rs.790. In November, the scrip declined marginally while in December it picked up the pace and stood at Rs.804 by the end of the month.
Should you invest in Rajesh Exports Ltd.?
- The stock price of the REL has increased gradually over the past two years. It has not witnessed any major fluctuations as well.
- Investing in the stock of Rajesh Exports Ltd. for a long-term purpose could be a good investment option. However, it is strongly advised that you do research before investing your hard-earned money in the stock market as it is risky due to its volatile nature. Alternately, you can even look at mutual funds as an investment option.
Incorporated in 1989, Rajesh Exports Limited (REL) claims to process 35% of gold produced in the world. The company has operations across the globe and is the largest exporter of gold products from India. Headquartered in Bengaluru, the company has manufacturing and R&D facilities for gold products in several places in India. It also has a main refining facility being at Balerna, Switzerland. In 2012, the REL established branded retail chain stores under the name of Shubh Jewellers. In 2013, The company had established India’s largest gold refinery in Uttaranchal following which in 2015, it acquired Valcambi, the world’s largest refinery. In 2016, REL crossed sales worth $24 billion and opened 81 showrooms in Karnataka. The company was awarded the Swarna Ratna Award by the Jewellers Association in 2014. REL is the 5th largest company in the country by revenue of more than $36 billion.
Management of the Company
Mr. Rajesh Mehta - Founder and Chairman
Rajesh Mehta is the founder Chairman of the Company. He has an experience of more than 30 years in managing jewellery trade. Rajesh looks after the overall functioning of the company along with the finance and marketing functions. He also offers consultations to several gold and jewellery organisations and government bodies.
Mr. Prashant Mehta - Founder and Director
Prashant Managing Director of REL at 53 years of age, he is in charge of the day to day functioning and holds specific charge of the production unit of REL. He has over thirty years of experience in the jewellery business and is recognized as an authority in the production of gold jewellery. He has been instrumental in setting up the production and R&D facilities of the Company and has developed several new processes, systems and designs, which have been acclaimed by the global jewellery industry
Listings in NSE, BSE, and Indices
The stock of Rajesh Exports Ltd. is available for trading on the two major stock exchanges of India - The National Stock Exchange Limited (NSE) and The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
- BSE: 531500
- NSE: RAJESHEXPO
- ISIN: INE343B01030
- Sector: Infrastructure - Diamond cutting and jewellery and precious metals
The company forms a part of important indices like:
- Nifty 200
- Nifty 500
- Nifty Alpha 50
- S&P BSE 200
- S&P BSE 500
- Nifty Full Midcap 100
- Nifty LargeMidcap 250
- Nifty Low Volatility 50
- Nifty Midcap 100
- Nifty Midcap 150
- Nifty MidSmallcap 400
- S&P BSE 150 MidCap Index
- S&P BSE 250 LargeMidCap Index
- S&P BSE 400 MidSmallCap Index
- S&P BSE 500
- S&P BSE AllCap
- S&P BSE Dollex - 200
- S&P BSE Enhanced Value
- S&P BSE LargeMidCap
- S&P BSE MidCap
- S&P BSE MidCap Select Index
- S&P BSE MidSmallCap
- S&P BSE Momentum
#1, Brunton Road, Off MG Road,
Opp Old Passport Office,
Bangalore - 560001, India.
No 4, Batavia Chambers,
Kumara Krupa Road, Kumara Park East,
Bangalore - 560001, India
Stocks vs. Mutual Funds: here's what we recommend
Stock market investments require a lot of research and knowledge. They do not generally offer any tax benefits and are regarded as high-risk investments. Hence,it is crucial to have a diversified portfolio. At Bankbazaar, we encourage our readers to invest on mutual funds . It doesn't require a lot of knowledge and equity linked mutual fund schemes offer tax benefits. Additionally, since mutual funds comprise stocks from multiple companies, they help in building a diversified portfolio.