TV Insurance Overview:
In the last few decades India has undergone a revolution of sorts in home entertainment systems. With the advent of cutting edge technology pertaining to entertainment appliances, home theatres, plasma TVs and LCD television models are not inaccessible anymore. Almost every second household, these days, possess high-end rage television sets. Digital televisions, widescreen TVs, plasma/LCD screen TVs have become widely common. In fact, gone are those days when a 21inches plasma television was considered premium and exclusive.
It is evident that people splurge a lot on buying fancy and high-end TV sets nowadays. As you are spending a hefty amount of your income to buy a TV, it is only natural to give it the protection it deserves. This is exactly when TV insurance comes into play. Insurance companies have come up with the innovative service of offering TV/VCR/VCP insurance. This protects coverage for loss/damage of your TV/VCR/VCP (inclusive of its fittings) from a series of threats and damages, inclusive of accidental damage.
Benefits of Television Insurance:
Considering the heavy dependence that our generation has on watching TV as a form of entertainment, a life without television is unimaginable. Your expensive television sets deserve maximum protection against damages or loss. The benefits of a comprehensive TV insurance policy have been listed below –
- A TV insurance policy provides protection of not just the TV set, but also aerial fittings, loss/damage of property belonging in the premises of the policyholder.
- If you have a bad luck with durability of electronic goods or its protection, buying a TV insurance policy is smart and wise.
- You have recently splurged a lot on a fancy television, and you want to protect it from theft or damage. A TV insurance policy is the best answer to your concern.
- If any particular fitting of TV gets damaged, example – picture tube or speakers, a TV insurance policy can help you in its replacement without making you invest in buying a new TV.
Policy covers provided by TV Insurance are:
TV insurance policies offer protection against a series of perils and damages, internal or external. As televisions are electronic devices, they are highly susceptible to technical failure. There are various reasons which can lead to the damage of a television set. The type of risks that a TV insurance protects your TV from, have been stated below -
Loss/damage caused to your TV set for the following causes:
- Accidental damage caused by external factors
- Overflowing and bursting of water tanks
- Natural calamities like flood, storm, hurricane, inundation, earthquake and cyclone
- Theft and burglary
- Robbery and housebreaking
- Anti-social activities like riots and strikes
- Malicious activities
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Loss/damage caused in transit – rail/air
Television Insurance Policy Exclusions:
A comprehensive TV insurance though covers the insured against the aforementioned risks, it will not provide coverage against loss/damage caused under the following circumstances –
- Consequential loss
- Derangement due to mechanical factors
- Depreciation/wear and tear of the good
- Damage, failure, breakage due to natural atmospheric conditions
- Ionising radiation
- If any harm is caused to the TV set due to dismantling, cleaning, repairing, or traceable erection
- If the antenna or external fittings are stolen.
- War and allied perils
- Assumed liability by the policyholder as per the agreement
- Loss/damage caused which makes the manufacture/dealer contract bound or law bound.
Companies providing TV Insurance:
The New India Assurance Co. Ltd provides TV insurance for customers.
TV Insurance Claims Settlement Process:
It is a quick and hassle free process to settle your TV insurance claim. Just ensure that you furnish all the essential documents (valid and duly filled/stamped) with your claims form. For further details on this, seek assistance from your insurance provider. It is evident how buying TV insurance is a smart and wise choice. Ensure that you buy an all-encompassing TV insurance policy, which provides the protection that your expensive television set deserves.