ICICI Bank Credit Card Overview:
ICICI Bank, India’s second largest bank in terms of assets, has a long and memorable history in the annals of Indian banking. An influential part of the fabled ‘Big Four’ banks in India, ICICI boasts of a competent network of 4,050+ branches, 12,642+ ATMs and presence in 20 countries worldwide (including India). Highly regarded for its brand of customer service, technologically sound procedures, transparent workings and sheer variety and popularity of the products on offer, the line of Credit Cards from this iconic bank have been well received, and regarded highly. When it comes to credit cards in India, ICICI Bank offers some of the premier options.
Why Choose ICICI Bank Credit Cards?
In terms of expertise, ICICI Bank can be called a pack-leader when it comes to credit cards in India - its promotion, user base and profitability. Why should you choose an ICICI Bank Credit Card? The following reasons summarize the advantages of subscribing to credit cards from ICICI Bank-
- Variety- The range of credit cards offered by ICICI are segmented into 6 types- The Gemstone Collection, Contactless Payment Cards, Fuel Cards, Airline Cards, Unifare Metro Cards and Others. There is a credit card for everyone, and sorting for the one that best suits your needs is child’s play on the ICICI website, as well as on BankBazaar.com.
- Fully Loaded Benefits- Every credit card on offer from ICICI is loaded to the brim with features and benefits. From offers on Fine Dining, Wellness, Holidays, Hotel, Airlines, Movies and such, to reward points and cashback benefits. There is something for everyone!!
- Easy to Apply- Get on-board with online signup, or walk into the nearest ICICI Bank branch. The process of getting your own ICICI Credit Card is simple, transparent, fast and immensely customer centric.
- Robust Customer Support- Backing this line of attractive products in its portfolio, is a competent customer support initiative. Have a query or concern? Help is a phone call, email or chat box away.
Thus, choosing a credit card from ICICI Bank puts you in line for great features and impeccable service- an awesome combination, indeed!
Features & Benefits of ICICI Bank Credit Cards:
The term ‘comprehensive’ is used very lightly these days, however, the credit card offerings from ICICI Bank are indeed, comprehensive. Rich in features, each card may address a specific demographic, or express individual needs. We shall examine the important features of the various credit cards offered by ICICI Bank in the compilation herein-
The Gemstone Collection- Includes, ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card, ICICI Bank Coral American Express Credit Card, ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Cards, ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Cards and ICICI Bank Diamant Credit Card (By invitation only).
- Offers exclusive lifestyle benefits- Discounts on fine dining, movies, leisure etc.
- Travel Benefits- Avail complimentary access to select airport lounges.
- Enjoy cash rewards on all you spends with any of the credit cards in the Gemstone collection.
- Lightning fast online application and instant approval.
Contactless Payment Card- Includes, ICICI Bank Coral Contactless Credit Card.
- Enjoy the revolutionary MasterCard contactless technology by simply tapping the card to make payments at retail outlets.
- Earn 2X reward points on fine dining, supermarket spends and groceries.
- Enjoy a complimentary Provogue tie when signing up, two complimentary passes to airport lounges per quarter across India, two complimentary movies per month under the ‘Buy One Get One’ offer from BookMyShow.com.
- Save from 15% onwards on fine dining bills at 800+ restaurants pan India, through the ‘Culinary Treats’ program.
- Easy online application process.
Fuel Cards- Includes, ICICI Bank HPCL Coral American Express Credit Card, ICICI Bank HPCL Coral Visa/MasterCard Credit Cards and ICICI Bank HPCL Platinum Credit Card. These cards offer benefits on spends at the fuel station.
- Earn guaranteed cashback on spends for fuel.
- Accelerated reward points on fuel spends.
- 100% waiver of fuel surcharge.
Airline Cards- Includes, Jet Airways ICICI Bank Coral Credit Cards, Jet Airways ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Cards, Jet Airways ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Cards and British Airways Premium Credit Card Account. The principal features include-
- Avail complimentary access to select airport lounges.
- On all spends, earn JP miles/ Avios. These reward points can be redeemed against free flights or upgrades.
- Except the British Airways Card, the rest can be easily applied for online with instant approval.
Unifare Metro Cards- Includes, ICICI Bank Unifare Mumbai Metro Credit Card, ICICI Bank Unifare Delhi Metro Credit Card and ICICI Bank Unifare Bangalore Metro Credit Card. As the name specifies, this card can be used to the fullest when commuting by the fine metro rail systems established in Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore, respectively.
- Earn sizable discounts on the applicable Metro fare.
- These credit cards double up as a Metro Smart Card and of course, a fully packed credit card.
- The Metro Smart Card Chip embedded in the credit card is subject to auto recharge.
More Cards- A selection of all-weather, fully loaded, versatile credit cards that come in handy in a number of financial emergencies and casual requirements. This line includes, ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card, ICICI Bank Instant Platinum Credit Card and ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card Against Fixed Deposit.
Why Apply for an ICICI Bank Credit Card on BankBazaar?
Applying for an ICICI Bank Credit Card on BankBazaar.com offers the following unbeatable advantages-
- Massively Time Saving- Check out the various features, the documentation, applying online and receiving confirmation for the same, everything happens quickly and smoothly- thanks to BankBazaar’s interactive and informative approach.
- Information Oriented- From the basic terms and conditions, the facets that set your eligibility, interest rates and innumerable other details that help you make an informed decision, find everything you need, here!
- Compare and Review- Compare the ICICI Bank Credit Card of your choice against other choices from the bank or other banks. Read reviews from your peers about their own credit card experiences, clear queries by contacting BankBazaar’s expert customer support team.
- Simple and Transparent Application Process- No hidden charges, no red-tape, not too technical that only a rocket scientist can understand, highly interactive with quick turnaround times, active help at all stages of the application and approval process, and importantly, immense respect for your requirements and limitations.
- 100% Safe- Your personal information is treated with the maximum care, never shared with anyone other than ICICI and passed through robust, encrypted systems that have 0% tolerance towards malicious intent.
How to Apply for ICICI Bank Credit Cards through BankBazaar?
Applying for the ICICI Bank Credit Cards on BankBazaar is a simple 3 steps. The same are listed below-
- On the BankBazaar homepage, look for the navigation panel at the top. Here, choose the second menu item, ‘Credit Cards’. A drop-down with categorization based on ‘By Bank’ is spread before you. Select, ‘ICICI Bank Credit Card’ here.
- The resultant page lists all the credit cards as offered by ICICI Bank. Also displayed predominantly are the two buttons- ‘Check Eligibility’ and ‘Explore Card’. As these tags specify, the latter helps you understand the various features and benefits of the card better, while the former helps you ascertain your eligibility via a simple, interactive wizard.
- The ‘Apply’ button is prominently displayed at the end of these qualification procedures. Clicking on the same will churn the wheels into motion. Your application will next be forwarded to ICICI Bank for further processing.
- The applicant will receive an instant e-approval from BankBazaar.com after the successful submission of the application. Next, the bank gets in touch with you directly. You can also check the status of your application through SMS alerts and timely emails.
Eligibility and Documentation:In order to avail any of the ICICI credit cards, the applicant must satisfy the following conditions:
- He/she must be an Indian national citizen.
- The applicant must not be younger than 23 years at the time of application. The minimum age for an add-on card holder is 18 years.
- He/she must have a minimum monthly salary of Rs. 20,000.
- If the applicant is self-employed, the minimum annual income must be not lesser than Rs.3 lakhs, as listed on the last IT returns document.
- The applicant must have a clean credit record, with no obvious red flags.
- Identity proof (PAN Card, Voter’s ID, DL, Aadhaar Card, etc.)
- Address proof (Any official document that displays current place of residence).
- PAN Card.
- IT Returns and/or Salary slips for the latest 2 months.
- 1 Passport sized photograph.
List of ICICI Bank Credit Cards:
|Credit Cards||Type||Annual Fee/ Joining Fee|
|ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card||Gemstone Collection||Nil / Rs.6,000|
|ICICI Bank Coral American Express Credit Card||Gemstone Collection||Nil / Rs.1,250|
|ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Cards||Gemstone Collection||Nil / Rs.3,000|
|ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Cards||Gemstone Collection||Nil / Rs.6,000|
|ICICI Bank Diamant Credit Card||Gemstone Collection|
|ICICI Bank Coral Contactless Credit Card||Contactless Card|
|ICICI Bank HPCL Coral American Express Credit Card||Fuel Card|
|ICICI Bank HPCL Coral Visa/MasterCard Credit Cards||Fuel Card||Rs.199 / Nil|
|ICICI Bank HPCL Platinum Credit Card||Fuel Card||Rs.199 / Nil|
|Jet Airways ICICI Bank Coral Credit Cards||Airline Card||Nil / Rs.1,250|
|Jet Airways ICICI Bank Rubyx Credit Cards||Airline Card||Nil / Rs.2,500|
|Jet Airways ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Cards||Airline Card||Nil / Rs.5,000|
|British Airways Premium Credit Card Account||Airline Card||Rs.7,000 / Nil|
|ICICI Bank Unifare Mumbai Metro Credit Card||Unifare Metro Cards|
|ICICI Bank Unifare Delhi Metro Credit Card||Unifare Metro Cards|
|ICICI Bank Unifare Bangalore Metro Credit Card||Unifare Metro Cards|
|ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card||N/A||Rs.199 / Nil|
|ICICI Bank Instant Platinum Credit Card||N/A|
|ICICI Bank Coral Credit Card Against Fixed Deposit||N/A|
ICICI Bank Credit Card FAQs:
How long does it take from application submission to actually receiving my credit card?
Usually, processing of a new credit card application to actual dispatch to the customer takes about 21 working days.
What is a ‘Self-Set Limit’?
This is a safety feature that helps you keep your credit card spends in check. Set a monthly spending limit on your main/supplementary card and any spends above this limit will be respectfully declined.
I just lost my card. What must I do next?
Intimate the ICICI Bank Customer Care immediately to block the card and avoid its misuse. This is a time-intensive step, hence must be hurried. Next, the bank will talk to you about a replacement card.
How long does the ‘interest free’ period last?
Customers who make payments of their total due amount before the payment due date are free of any interest charges. Thus, patrons can enjoy interest free durations from the date of purchase of a product/service till the payment due date. This usually ranges from 18 to 48 days.
What is Auto-Debit facility?
Auto debit is a convenient option that allows customers to issue standing instructions to clear their outstanding credit card bills directly from their ICICI Bank Accounts. The deducted amount could be set for the minimum due payment or total amount due. This facility helps the customers be prompt with their payments and avoid the incurred interest charges.
News About ICICI Bank Credit Cards
Maharashtra tops the list of states with the highest demand for retail loans
Maharashtra topped the lists of states with the highest demand for retail loans in the country. In the last financial year, there was increase in the demand for home loans in Mumbai. The demand for retail loans was also very high in the southern states of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. This information was disclosed in the report released by the Credit Information Bureau (India) Ltd (CIBIL).
The CIBIL report further talks about the growth of credit cards and home loans in the country. It also mentions that there has been a significant decrease in credit card delinquency in the fiscal year 2014-15. HDFC Bank, one of the largest private sector banks in India, saw an increase in the number of credit cards issued in the last fiscal year. This was fuelled by an increase in the demand for credit cards in Mumbai, Bangalore and Pune.
25th June 2015