The Haj Committee of India has started accepting applications for Hajj 2018 from November 15, 2018. The applicants can submit the completed Hajj Application Form (HAF) along with the required documents by December 07, 2017. Depending on the state Haj committees, the selection of pilgrims will be carried out by the first week of January. The pilgrim's first charter flight will leave India on July 7, 2018, and first return flight will be on August 24, 2018. The Haj Committee will be releasing the details of the flight schedule in the coming days.
Applicants can download the Hajj Application Form (HAF) from either the official website or choose to obtain a free copy of the State/Union Territory Haj Committees. The Haj Committees are also providing the instructions and guideline booklet free of cost to interested applicants. Applicants can use the booklet to get help while filling in the HAF.
Hajj Application Process
In order to be eligible for the Haj yatra application, the applicant must have a valid international passport issued prior to November 15, 2017, and valid till February 28, 2019. Applicants are also provided with an option to either submit the application online or offline to the Haj Committee of India.
The applicants can follow these steps to download the HAF online:
- Visit www.hajcommittee.gov.in (Official website for Haj Committee of India)
- Select ‘Haj Application Form’ listed under ‘HAJ - 2018 Related Downloads’ menu
- Download the ‘HAJ APPLICATION FORM FOR HAJ - 1439 (H) - 2018 (CE)’ in PDF format
- The application also provides general instructions for completing the HAF online
Take a print out of the form to fill in the details and submit it along with a passport size photograph with white background. The passport size photograph must be 3.5cm x 3.5 cm in size. The applicants can also access the website to understand various rules and regulations pertaining to Haj Yatra 2018. In addition to the do’s and don’ts, the website also provides guidance in completing the application process.
Hajj Application Form
The HAF requires the following details for the application process:
- Reserve category, if any
- Embarkation point
- Accommodation category
- Name of cover head
- Applicant’s details such as name, D.O.B., passport details, etc.
- Applicant’s complete address
- Details of nominee of applicant
- Name of Mehram with relation (applicable for lady pilgrims)
- Details of being a permissible Repeater, etc.
Documents Required For Haj 2018 Application
The completed application can be submitted to the HAF to State / UT Haj Committee along with the following documents -
- Valid International Passport
- Proof of address (if different from what is mentioned on the passport)
- Bank pay-in-slip (original)
- Copy of cancelled cheque/bank passbook
- Solemn Declaration, etc.
Applicants are recommended to visit - www.hajcommittee.gov.in in order to get latest updates from the announcement section of the website.