Under the Ministry of Minority Affairs, the Haj Committee of India has started accepting applications for Haj 2018. The application process allows individuals to visit Mecca which is considered to be the holiest place for Muslims. Haj is an annual Islamic pilgrimage and known for being the second largest gathering of Muslims from around the world.
Important Dates for Haj 2018
The Haj Committee started accepting applications from November 15 with December 7 as the last date of submission, however, due to requests from the State/Union Territory HAJ Committees, the last date of submission has been extended till December 22 (as per the Circular No.04 published by Haj Committee of India).
Haj 2018 Application Form
Interested applicants can visit the official website of the Haj Committee - hajcommittee.gov.in to download the application form in order to initiate the application process. Applicants are also provided with the option to use the Android mobile app called ‘Haj Committee of India’ to fill out the form. Based on the requirements, applicants can choose any of the Embarkation Point out of the 21 options. The Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) will roll out a tender to decide the airfare for the pilgrims. The fee and charges are subject to change.
The Haj Application Form (HAF) is provided free of cost which can be either obtained from the State/Union Territory HAJ Committees or it can be downloaded from hajcommittee.gov.in. In order to carry out a manual submission, the form can also be printed and submitted to the State/Union Territory HAJ Committees.
Instructions to fill in Haj 2018 application form
All applicants must go through the complete guidelines before filling in the HAFs. Only English Block Letters are accepted on the HAF and the applicants are required to attach their latest photograph (as per specifications) to the form. The applicants will need to ensure that the details provided on the HAF is accurate as the application with wrong information can lead to rejection. Following are few of the important guidelines for HAF 2018:
- HAF Processing Fee - Applicants are required to pay the non-refundable processing fee of Rs.300. In case of infants, no processing is required for the submission of HAF.
- Application Notification - The Haj Committee of India sends out important text notifications to the applicants which is why it is essential to provide the accurate mobile number.
- Submission of Declaration – All applicants are required to submit a letter of self-declaration on a plain white paper.
- Documents – The copies of all the documents must be self-attested while submitting the application. The following documents are necessary for Haj 2018 application:
- Original and copy of the passport – Only a valid machine-readable passport is accepted for the application process.
- Proof of Residence - If the applicant's address is same as the mentioned address on the passport, no other documents are required as the proof of residence, however, if the address is different, applicants will need to furnish a self-attest copy either the Ration Card, Driving License, Electricity Bill, Aadhaar card, Voter ID, Bank Passbook or any other document issued by the government.
- Photograph: The colour photograph should be comprising 70% of the applicant’s face. The photograph must be of 3.5cm x 3.5cm in size with white background. Applicants will need to write their name and passport number on the back of the photograph.
- Bank Account - The account details are required to the refund the fee and charges to the applicant, if applicable. Since the refunds are initiated only through IFSC or RTGS. The applications require either a cancelled bank cheque or the copy of bank passbook. The copy must contain the account information including the IFSC code.
- Receipt of Fee Payment – Applicants must attach the pay-in-slip which indicates the successful payment of the processing fee.
- HAF – Once the applicants have completed the form and taken a copy of it, it needs to be attached with necessary documents. Applicants will need to use an envelope with ‘’Application for Haj 1439 (H) - 2018 (C.E.)’’ written on it to ensure it reaches the State/Union Territory HAJ Committees within the due date.
- Cover - When applying as a group, the applicants must belong to the same family or close relatives. Only an adult male is allowed to be the cover head who will be responsible for all the payments. Applicants under the same cover must travel together and shall be provided with the same accommodation category. If the cover exceeds four members, the applicants are required to apply under a new cover.
- Online Submission – If an applicant is submitting the application online, he/she is still required to send a copy of the HAF to State/Union Territory HAJ Committees along with the required documents and a photograph.
- Bank Reference Number – The provisionally selected pilgrims will be provided with a unique bank reference in their provision selection letter. In order to deposit the Haj fee and charges, the bank reference number must be quoted without fail.
- Payment - The payment can either made online or offline. The online payments can be made through the official website - hajcommittee.gov.in. The offline method requires the payment to be made either at the branch of State Bank of India or Union Bank of India. While making the payment at the branch, applicants will need to use the Green colour pay-in-slip since bank drafts, cheques or cash are not accepted for the application process. Applicants who are provisionally selected will need to pay an advance amount of Rs.81,000 and submit the copy of the pay-in-slip to the State/Union Territory HAJ Committees within one week of Qurrah. Applicants should also understand that the payment for the Haj 2018 application doesn’t guarantee a seat. In the event of rejection, the amount deposited by the applicant will be refunded.
- Medical Certificate – While submitting the copy of the pay-in-slip for the advance amount, provisionally selected applicants are also required to provide their medical certificate. The medical certificate must contain a Fitness Certificate and a Health and Training Card.
- Application Cancellation – If an individual decides to cancel the application, a letter in the prescribed format must be submitted to the concerned State/Union Territory HAJ Committee. Once cancelled, the application cannot be reinstated.
- Accommodation – Applicants are required to indicate the type of accommodation on the HAF. If the applicant is not able to get the specified type of accommodation due to unavailability or any other reason, they will be moved to the next category and charged as per the actual cost.
- Embarkation Points – The application requires mention of a particular Embarkation Point. Applicants have the facility to choose the Embarkation Point based on their present residential address. The airfare differs for each of the Embarkation Points.
- Flight Allotment – The State/Union Territory HAJ Committees will send out notifications to the pilgrims 7 days in advance. The notification will include details of the flight allotment. Applicants will not be able to change flight schedule. The flight schedule can only be changed by the State/Union Territory HAJ Committees based on the situation.
- Stay Duration – Pilgrims will be staying in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) for 30 to 40 days based on the Haj season. The pilgrims are not allowed to involve in any kind of business during their stay in KSA. Additionally, there is a list of banned items such as food, cash, tobacco, etc. which cannot be carried during the travel to KSA. Applicants are advised to go through the entire list of item to ensure their Haj 2018 visit is not cancelled due to no. If the applicant is found guilty on these charges, their application can be cancelled immediately by the concerned State/Union Territory HAJ Committee, even at the Embarkation Point.
All applicants are recommended to make a note of their name, address, phone number, flight details, embarkation point, and the cover number on their baggage with a bold marker pen. These details will help in identifying their baggage.
Applicants are recommended to visit - www.hajcommittee.gov.in in order to get latest updates from the announcement section of the website.