Travelling is one of the best ways to soothe the mind and rejuvenate one’s weary soul. When it comes to international travel, planning is one of the most important aspects. Planning helps weed out the loopholes in your travel itinerary, ensuring a smooth trip which is hopefully devoid of any unwanted surprises. However, despite the most meticulous planning, we can still not have everything under our control. Uncertainty of a sudden illness, passport forgotten on the check-in counter, an unexpected flight delay, a luggage mix-up are all common yet frustrating events which can dampen the excitement surrounding your trip.
For all international travelers, Tata AIG presets the Travel Guard Overseas Travel Insurance, a global insurance policy specially designed to provide the maximum protection against a spectrum of risks. Read on to find out more.
Features & Benefits –Travel Guard Overseas Travel Insurance Policy
Following are just some of the highlighting features and benefits of this travel insurance policy.
- Global Protection Policy – This travel insurance policy offers non-stop protection, 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
- Variety of Plans to choose from - Choose from an array of plans which best suit your travel requirements. Under Single Trip policies, you may choose from 5 plans - Silver, Silver Plus, Gold, Platinum and Senior Plan. You may also choose from 2 options available under the Multi Trip program which are Annual Multi Trip Gold and Annual multi Trip Platinum.
- Sum Insured Enhancement – With this policy, you have the option to enhance your sum insured amount at the time of renewal of the policy. This amount of increase is subject to the underwriting guidelines of the policy and a policy holder may avail this option only for renewals of annual multi-trip policies.
- Accident & Sickness Medical Expenses - in case you fall sick or meet with an accident while on your trip, the Travel Guard policy shall take care of your medical expenses which you may incur, so you may continue to enjoy your holiday.
- Checked Baggage Loss - This policy cover you for any loss of checked in baggage. The amount of reimbursement is subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
- Baggage Delay - You have arrived at your destination but you don’t see any sign of the luggage you’d checked in! Don’t worry, this policy covers you for the cost of purchase of emergency items of personal effect, up to a reasonable amount, in case there is a delay in the arrival of your baggage while travelling overseas.
- Loss of Passport- Lost or misplaced your passport? Happens. But don’t worry, for this policy shall compensate you for the expenses you incur to get a duplicate or a fresh Passport issued for yourself.
- Personal Liability– If during your travels, there occurs any damage to a third party, due to the involuntary actions of the insured, which have resulted in any bodily injury, death or damage caused to the property of any third party, the policy shall provide the compensation for the damages so caused.
- Hijacking - Hijackings have, sadly, become a seemingly common event these days. In the unfortunate event where the carrier in which you are travelling is hijacked, the policy shall pay you an amount as distress allowance.
- Flight Delay – Flight delays can be extremely frustrating, especially when they affect your consequent travel plans. In case your flight is delayed for a duration exceeding 12 hours, this policy shall reimburse you for all additional expenses which you have incurred due to the trip being delayed.
- Automatic Policy Extension – Want to extend your policy for a short period only? It is possible with the Travel Guard policy which allows you to extend your policy for a period of up to 7 days from its expiry date.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment - With the Travel Guard Overseas Travel Insurance, you get worldwide coverage against Dismemberment or Accidental Death, no matter where you may be travelling.
- Sickness Dental Expense – Dental problems can be a cause of much discomfort wherever they occur. In case you are traveling overseas and have to undergo any immediate emergency dental treatment in order to relieve any acute dental distress, the policy shall pay for the same.
- Travel Guard Assist – One cannot fathom what distress one may find themselves during a trip overseas. For that reason, Tata AIG has set up Travel Guard Assist, a 24x7 medical and non-medical assistance service provided for policy holders. Policy holders can seek assistance for a wide range of services like Pre-Departure Service, Lost Luggage / Lost Passport, General Assistance, Emergency Travel Agency, Emergency Cash Transfers or Cash Advances, Legal Assistance, Medical Assistance, Medical Evacuation, Repatriation across the Globe, among many other such services.
- Renewable For Life – For an annual multi-trip, you can choose to make your insurance policy Renewable for Life.
- 15 Days Free Look Period - For policy holders who are business concerns availing an annual policy on a multi-trip basis, there is a special 15 days Free Look period allowed.
- Grace Period Of 30 Days – A grace period of 30 days is allowed to all customers who have renewed their annual multi-trip policy.
The Travel Guard Overseas Travel Insurance can be applied for by any individual who is:
- A resident of India.
- Is above the age of 6 months. There is no specific upper limit on this policy.
- Is travelling abroad for business or leisure. This pic is available in two variants - Including America policy and Excluding Americas.
- In case there are any changes made to the policy or the company wishes to discontinue / withdraw a certain policy, how will the affected policy holders by informed?
In the event where the company decides to make changes to an existing policy or withdraw/discontinue a certain policy, all policy holders will be informed about the change 3 months in advance.
- What is the maximum amount which the policy provides under Loss of Checked Baggage?
Under Loss of Checked-In Baggage, the amount to be reimbursed is capped at 50% for each bag while the maximum value for each article enclosed in each bag is 10% of the amount stated in the Policy Schedule.
- What are the emergency dental services which a policy holder may avail as part of the Travel Guard policy?
A policy holder may avail dental services like filling of tooth, surgical treatment, supplies or services which are medically necessary.
- What is the Claims process for the Travel Guard Overseas Insurance Policy?
In order to register a claim on your Travel Guard Overseas Travel Insurance Policy, you must take the following steps:
- Inform the insurance company at the earliest via phone, SMS, email, letter and note down your claim number.
- Gather the list of required documents to support the claim.
- Fill the Claim Form and deposit the same with the insurance company, along with the required documents.
- You must answer any query which the insurance company may have regarding the claim.