Introduction of Tata AIG Student Guard
Travel insurance is seen as a life saver and a harbinger of peace. And with good reason considering the humongous number of disruptions that whacked holidaymakers off course including natural disasters in the recent past. Even with no notable climatological or public events, there are always a myriad of unanticipated personal crises like accidents and illnesses, routine or severe. This is especially true for students who go overseas for education.
Tata AIG’s unique Student Travel Insurance Plan aka Student Guard is a popular choice for many international students. As trouble with a capital T is usually the best friend of any person during the volatile student years, it is only prudent that most insurance companies provide special plans for students. Again, for obvious reasons they are more expensive too.
Key features & benefits of Tata AIG Travel Insurance (Student Guard)
- Compensation if the education is interrupted: Refund of unutilized course fees if the insurance holder is unable to carry on with his/her studies for major chunk of the semester if he/she is terminally ill, has to repatriated due to health issues and passing of a close family member.
- Sponsor Protection: In the unfortunate event of demise or incapacitation (permanent or temporary) of your guarantor, TATA AIG will recompense your education fees required for the rest of the course as per the specified limit.
- 24*7 Medical Help: Round-the-clock medical emergency assistance worldwide including evacuation, repatriation and in case of criminal assault. Please remember that you can file a claim either under Education Interruption or Sponsor Protection at a time.
- Medical costs in case of illness or accident: The insured gets financial coverage for medical incidentals sustained towards hospitalization and treatment due to fortuitous injuries or illness up to the limit.
- Compassionate Visit Costs: Continuous hospitalization for more than a week can make the insured eligible for ‘compassionate visits’ from a close family member. Expenditures arising out of to-and-fro trip as well as accommodation for family will be covered. Similarly, if the student wants to go to his/ her home town due to demise or hospitalization of immediate family, the same benefit of free round trip stands.
- Personal Accident: Student Guard presents you with all-inclusive coverage against accidental demise and disability while you are out of your country.
- Pregnancy Benefits (Only for termination): Costs due to unexpected termination of pregnancy while abroad (subject to a window period of 300 days from the first day of insurance policy.
- Mental health & nervous conditions: Medical costs for cure for mental health disorders (including alcoholism and drug addiction) are covered under the Student Guard.
- Cancer Screen (Pap test or Mammography): Outlays for all the recommended cancer screen tests (if advised by a doctor) are covered to the said limit.
- Delay or Loss of Luggage (after checking-in): As this can cause inconvenience to the insured, the loss arising out of it shall be covered. Also, the belongings will be replaced.
- Losing of Passport (Unless seized by police or customs): Tata AIG will provide the required coverage for procuring a new or duplicate passport.
- Individual Liability: If a third person is injured in an accident involving you, all legal expenses to cover your accountability will be borne by TATA AIG. Same goes for property damage.
- Bail Payment: In the event of a false arrest or detention by the authorities there, the bond required for your release would be paid.
- If travelling against doctor’s advice or travelling to get medical treatment abroad or has just gotten a diagnosis for a critical disease.
- Pre-existing illness and resultant complications.
- Suicide, attempted suicide, self-harm, STDs, mental health problems like depression or stress.
- If working for any Military or Armed Forces of a foreign country.
- If found to be intoxicated (drugs, alcohol, intoxicants or hallucinogens without prescription) at the time of accident.
- Being involved in a real or attempted crime or civil commotion.
- Self-exposure to unnecessary risk (except in life or death situation).
- Hereditary anomalies or any snags or conditions due to them.
- Participation in adventure sports like skiing, skydiving, bungee jumping and more.
- Any damage or legal accountability when traveling to or via Afghanistan, Cuba or Democratic Republic of Congo.
- All non-medical expenditures.
- How will the company assist me when abroad?
The Assistance Company will be a chief point of contact during contingencies. The Assistance Company will give to you expert advice on getting in touch with the agencies and service providers.
- What are the pre-departure services I can avail?
- Safety information about your destination
- About immunization required before going
- Passport or visa details
- About weather conditions of the city
- Special medical care end-route
- Who is this Student Guard Insurance apt for?
Any person between age 16 and 35 who is studying abroad can purchase this policy.