Change is good. Change is healthy. Which is why people take holidays and vacations. A holiday gives us some much needed time off from our routine. However, when you’re on a holiday, the sole intention is to relax, but sometimes the unexpected happens and you find yourself taken ill or find that your flight has been delayed or the baggage personnel have accidently mixed up your baggage with that of some other traveler! These instances are very common and but can induce a lot of worry, especially if you are vacationing in a new and unknown city. There is, however, no need to despair.
Tata AIG presents the Tata AIG Domestic Travel Guard Policy has been devised to keep you well prepared in case the unexpected happens, which it can and sometimes does, without a warning. This unique travel insurance policy provides cover against a spectrum of unexpected events and is ideal for individuals who are travelling anywhere within India. Want to know more about how this policy may be the perfect one to take for your next holiday trip? Read on.
Features & Benefits - Tata AIG Domestic Travel Guard Policy
The Tata AIG Domestic Travel guard Policy carries some well-appointed features, making this policy a comprehensive one, to take care of all your travel related insurance needs.
- Emergency Accident Medical Expenses Reimbursement - In case the insured suffers accidental injuries, this policy shall cover him / her for all medical expenses incurred by them for their treatment of those injuries.
- Missed Departure (Rail / Air) - In case you miss the departure of your pre-booked journey by air or rail, the policy will reimburse you for the cost of your purchased air/rail ticket. This is however subject to verification with a concerned authority which can confirm your missed departure on the outward or return journey due to: (i) Failure of operation of public transport services; or (ii) The vehicle transporting you to catch the return flight or train is involved in an accident.
- Additional Accommodation Charges Due To Trip Delay - It often happens you are forced to extend your stay due to unavoidable reasons, due to which you have to shell out some more money towards your lodging / boarding. In such cases, when your trip is delayed for a duration of more than 5 hours due to a covered hazard, the policy will reimburse you for all charges incurred towards the additional accommodation. These benefits are subject to the per day maximum limit as indicated in the policy wording.
- Loss of Tickets - Preparation for a trip can be exciting, and overwhelming at the same time. And it isn’t uncommon for thing to go missing. In the unfortunate event that your ticket for the trip (via air or rail) goes missing or is lost, this policy will reimburse you, subject to the amount stated in the policy schedule and deductible, for the actual cost of the ticket.
- Sum Insured Enhancement – This policy allows you to enhance your sum insured amount at the time of renewal of the policy. This feature is available only for renewals of annual multi-trip policies and the amount of increase is subject to the underwriting guidelines of the company.
- Repatriation of Remains – In case the insured passes away during a trip, the policy shall cover the cost of bringing back the mortal remains of the insured to their place of residence in India. The amount provided is subject to the policy schedule.
- Personal Liability – In case there is any property damage, caused by n event or risk covered under the policy, for which a claim is made or a lawsuit is filed against the insured, this policy shall cover the cost for the damage. The amount of coverage provided shall be subject to that stated on the policy schedule.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation - In case of a medical emergency, the policy shall cover the insured for any charges incurred towards their evacuation and transportation in order to avail adequate and quality medical attention.
- This policy comes with Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit.
- 24 x 7 Assistance Services - Tata AIG presents round-the-clock assistance for its policy holders. This assistance service will provide services like Medical Assistance, Medical Evacuation, Repatriation, Legal Assistance, Arrangement of Bail Bond, Lost Luggage Assistance, Lost Travel Document / Credit Card Assistance, emergency Message Transmission Assistance, Emergency Travel Services, Hotel Accommodation Referral and more such services.
- This policy come with the feature of Renewable for Life, which is applicable only on an annual multi-trip.
- For a business concern availing an annual policy on a multi-trip basis, there is a special 15 days Free Look period allowed.
- For all those who renew their annual multi-trip policy, a free Grace period of 30 days is allowed.
Any individual travelling within India by air, rail or road is eligible to take this policy.
- In case there are any changes made to the policy or the company wishes to discontinue / withdraw a certain policy, when will the policy holders be intimated?
In the likelihood that the company plans to bring about any changes to certain policy, plans to withdraw or discontinue a certain policy, policy holders will be informed about the same 3 months in advance.
- I would like to cancel my policy before its expiry? Can I do so?
Yes, you may cancel your Tata AIG Domestic Travel Insurance policy before its expiry.
- What is the Claims process for the Domestic Travel Guard Policy?
If you wish to register a claim on your Domestic Travel Guard Policy, you can do so by calling the toll free number provided or via email. The claim process is as follows:
- Inform the insurance company at the earliest via phone, SMS, email, letter and take your claim number.
- Gather the list of required documents to support the claim.
- Fill the Claim Form and deposit the same with the insurance company, along with the required documents.
- You must answer any query which the insurance company may have regarding the claim.