Travelling abroad, no matter how exciting and thrilling, does involve a fair bit of risk. To begin with, medical expenses or hospitalization in a foreign country can burn a deep hole in your pocket. Keeping this in mind, a comprehensive travel insurance policy can be your best bet for travelling with peace of mind. To fulfill this purpose, ICICI introduces the Senior Citizen Travel Insurance policy, put together especially for travelers aged between 71 to 85 years. Not only does this travel insurance policy protect you but also takes care of a number of likely risks and emergencies which may occur during your travels abroad.
Features & Benefits of ICICI Lombard Senior Citizen Travel Insurance
Elderly parents traveling abroad? Find out how this Senior Citizen Travel Insurance policy might just be the protection you are looking for to get them.
- There is no requirement to undergo a medical test, unless the applicant is above 85 years of age.
- Avail a host of assistive services like Medical concierge Services, Automotive Assistance, and a host of Lifestyle services to take care of those back home, while you are traveling.
- Enjoy the convenience of availing cashless medical services across the globe.
- Want to extend your policy cover? Now you can do that by paying on a day to day basis, after paying the slab rate for the first 7 days.
- Political Risk & Catastrophe Evacuation – In case of any political upheaval or catastrophe, due to which the insured has to pay to be evacuated back to his/her country of residence, the company shall cover the expenses incurred towards the evacuation.
- This policy covers you against Total Loss of Checked in Baggage, including handbags.
- Compassionate Visit – in case the insured is hospitalized during their visit abroad, the company will cover the cost of lodging, and boarding of a family member or relative, provided the insured is hospitalized for a duration of more than 5 days.
- On your travels abroad, you can rest assured of receiving the best medical care as a result of ICICI’s tie-up with United Health Care International, one of the foremost US based healthcare provider.
Policy Exclusions – ICICI Lombard Senior Citizens Travel Insurance
Following are the exclusion under this policy:
- Claims arising due to drug or alcohol addiction.
- Claims arising due to depression, anxiety or mental disorders which the insured might be suffering from.
- Claims arising from sexually transmitted diseases like HIV, AIDs, etc.
- Venereal diseases
- Claims arising due to or induced by radiation or nuclear weapons.
- Sporting activities
- Any claims / expenses arising from loss of money, valuables, tickets or securities.
- Claims arising due to any ayurvedic / homeopathic or naturopathic treatments or therapies.
- Cost of any treatment or claims arising from any cosmetic treatment or plastic surgery done to remove physical flaws.
- Any cost incurred for recuperation or rest taken at a spa or health resort.
- That is the total cover provided in case of Total Loss of Checked In Baggage, under this policy?
This policy covers you for total Loss of Checked in baggage for an amount of up to USD 500.
- In case I need cash during an emergency, how much is the limit provided under this policy?
In case of an emergency, this policy covers you for a Cash Advance of USD 1000.