Travelling is a refreshing experience which helps us break away from the monotony of our routine lives. Though it is a welcome change, it is not uncommon for travel plans to be rudely interrupted due to an unexpected illness or baggage mix-ups during transit. Such events can not only mar the excitement of the trip but also become a cause of concern for the people involved. There is, however, an easy solution which will let you forego all such worries which may arise while travelling.
ICICI, one of the leading insurers in India, presents the International Travel Insurance policy, a single round trip travel insurance plan which allows you to travel worry free. Also known as the Single Round Trip Plan, this travel insurance policy has been specially designed to protect you against any medical and non-medical emergencies which may arise while you are travelling abroad, be it for vacations or on business.
Features & Benefits of ICICI International Travel Insurance:
Planning a trip abroad? Read on to know more about what this travel insurance policy offers and how you can benefit from.
- Unlike other travel insurance policies, this travel insurance policy does not require you to undergo a medical test, until you are 85 years of age.
- With this policy, you have the benefit of availing the facility of cashless hospitalization, anywhere across the world.
- Under the Single Round Trip policy, you are covered for Total Loss of Checked In Baggage, including handbags. The coverage amount is US$500.
- The plan provides medical insurance cover, including medical evacuation costs.
- The medical sum assured is inclusive of repatriation cost for mortal remains.
- The plan provides a daily allowance up to US$50 per day for a maximum of 5 days, in the event of hospitalisation.
- US$300 is offered for dental treatments.
- Coverage of US$100 is provided for delay of checked-in baggage.
- Loss of passport coverage amount is US$300.
- Personal Liability coverage is US$100,000.
- Personal Accident coverage worth US$15,000 is provided by the plan.
- The plan also offers hijack distress allowance of US$125 per day, up to 7 days.
- Emergency cash advance of US$1,000 is offered by the plan.
- Trip Cancellation / Interruption – In case your trip abroad is cancelled or interrupted due to any natural calamity, medical emergency or acts of terrorism, this policy will cover you for all prepaid non-refundable payments which you have borne. Trip interruption and cancellation allowance of US$500 is available under the plan.
- Compensation of US$500 is provided for missed flight connection.
- Trip delays are compensated with US$500.
- Political Risk & Catastrophic Evacuation – In the unfortunate event of a catastrophe leading to your evacuation and back to your country of residence, this insurance policy shall cover you for any charges which you may have incurred towards your evacuation process. The coverage for catastrophe and political risk evacuation is US$7,500.
- If the insured suffers accidental death through a common carrier, then an amount of US$5,000 is offered under the plan.
- The fire cover for building is Rs.20 lakh and fire cover for home content is Rs.10 lakh.
- Burglary cover for home content is Rs.1 lakh.
- Bounced airline or hotel booking is compensated with US$2,000.
- Compassionate Visit – During an illness, there is nothing more soothing than the loving care of familiar face. This insurance policy understands that need and hence, carries the provision of providing for the travel and lodging expenses for one family member or relative, in case the insured is hospitalized for a duration exceeding 5 days, while travelling. Compassionate visit is covered up to a maximum of US$7,500.
- Emergency Hotel Extension – Under this policy, you are covered for any additional accommodation expenses which you may incur in case your trip is delayed due to any natural calamity, medical emergency or acts of terrorism. Emergency hotel extension is covered up to US$5,000.
- The coverage for loss of baggage and personal belongings is worth US$2,000.
- Cover for the return of a minor child is up to US$7,500.
- ICICI has associated with United Health International, a leading U.S based medical care provider, to provide you with the best quality health care services, if and when the need arises.
Policy Exclusions - ICICI International Travel Insurance Policy:
Following is the list of exclusions for the ICICI International Travel Insurance policy.
- Any claims, declared or undeclared, made on / arising due to any existing medical ailment or condition shall not be covered under this policy.
- Claims arising due to alcohol / drug addiction.
- Claims arising due to anxiety, mental disorders or depression.
- Any sexually transmitted diseases, HIV, AIDS etc.
- Venereal diseases
- Sports related activities.
- Claims arising or induced due to radiation or nuclear weaponry.
- Claims for any expenses arising due to loss of money, valuables, tickets or securities.
- Any ayurvedic/homeopathic treatments/ naturopathy / therapies.
- Any expenses incurred towards plastic surgery / cosmetic treatments for removal of physical flaws.
- Expenses incurred towards one’s recovery/recuperation at a health resort or spa.
Common Claim Process:
Filing and registering a claim with the company is often the most harrowing part of the claim process. ICICI makes it a breeze with it hassle-free and fast-moving claims process. You can register a claim on your International Travel Insurance policy either via email, fax or phone. For any further details regarding the claims process, you can contact your nearest ICICI branch office.
ICICI Lombard International Travel Insurance FAQs:
- Are there any sublimit plans available for travel to Schengen countries under the International Travel Insurance policy?
- What is the Pay Per Day feature listed under the ICICI International Travel Insurance policy?
- Does this travel insurance policy provide cover for claims made on / arising due to any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Who is eligible to avail this travel insurance policy?
No. this policy does not have any sublimit plans for travel to Schengen countries.
Under the Pay Per Day feature, you can get an extension on your existing insurance policy by simply paying an amount as is pre-decided under the slab rate for the first 7 days. After the 7th day, you only need to pay for the number of days for which you have extended the policy.
No, any such claims arising from existing medical conditions, declared or undeclared are not covered under the insurance policy.
Individuals between the ages of 3 months up to 70 years are eligible to apply for the ICICI international travel insurance policy.