Punjab National Bank (PNB) enables its customers to use the internet to bank from anywhere at any time. The facility of internet banking allows its customers to carry out simple, convenient, and quick process of banking. This service is also available for PNB’s NRI customers.
Features of PNB retail internet banking
The following features are available through the bank’s retail internet banking facility:
Given below are the basic financial services that can be availed:
- Customers can make fund transfers within PNB accounts.
- Self-transfers are also possible through this facility.
- The retail internet banking also allows third party transfers.
- Customers can also open PPF account using this facility.
- Inter-bank fund transfer facility is enabled using the internet banking facility of PNB. It is a 24-hour facility that is functional even on Sundays and holidays through IMPS.
- NEFT and RTGS facility is also available.
- Fixed Deposit as well as Recurring Deposit can be opened online through this facility. The same facility can also be used to close an FD account online.
- Customers can also make their credit card payment online through internet banking.
- Utility bill payments such as electricity bill, telephone bill, and any other such bills can be paid online.
- Customers can also make their tax payments online through this facility.
- It also enables customers to avail OD for PMJDY Accounts
Given below are the non-financial services that can be availed using PNB’s internet banking:
- PNB customers can view account details online.
- Transaction history, nomination details, and even statement of account can be viewed or downloaded through the bank’s internet banking facility.
- Cheque related services such as inquiring for cheque status, making cheque book request, stopping payment of cheque, etc. can also be done through retail internet banking.
- Some offline services such as change in credit card limit, registration for e-statement, redeeming credit card reward points, breaking and renewing FD, and applying for other bank products, can also be using the net banking facility.
Value added services:
Some of the value added services can also be availed using PNB’s internet banking facility are:
- Customers can set their passwords online and also register for the facility online.
- Transactions can also be scheduled at a future date.
- PNB’s internet banking also allows its customers to set recurring transactions such as automatic credit to RD account every month.
- Registration of PMSBY, PMJJBY and Aadhaar can also be done.
- Personalised dashboard can also be created enabling customers for overall viewing of accounts.
- Additionally, e-filing of income tax, e-interest certificate are also among the value added services.
- Personalisation of debit cards, hot listing is also possible.
- Enhanced security features such as setting transaction limits and setting restrictions of login time is also made possible through PNB retail internet banking.
- Customers can also use this facility to reset their password online, using debit card credentials. This can be done by clicking on ‘Forgot Password’ after entering user ID.
How to register for PNB Retail Internet Banking?
There are various ways to register for the retail internet banking facility:
- Registering online – Debit card holders of PNB can register for its net banking facility through the bank’s registered website.
- Registering through call centre – Customers of PNB holding debit cards can also register for the internet banking by calling the call centre at the toll-free numbers at 1800-103-2222/1800-180-2222 or toll number at 0120-249000.
- Registering through the bank branch – PNB debit card holders can submit a request form PNB-1063. The form can be downloaded from the registered PNB website.
- Registering through ATM – Customers can also register for these services through an ATM.
PNB Retail Internet Banking FAQs:
- Can I use the retail internet banking facility of PNB to pay my taxes?
- Is there a daily transaction limit for transactions being carried out through net banking?
- What are the security features that I can enable using the PNB Retail Internet Banking facility?
- What is the eligibility criteria for availing Retail Internet Banking Services at PNB?
- Does PNB charge its customers for availing net banking services?
Yes, PNB allows its customers to make tax payments online through their retail net banking facility.
Yes, Punjab National Bank limits the online transactions to Rs.15 lakh per day. However, customers can define the lower limit to their accounts, online.
Some of the enhanced security features that a customer can enable through the internet banking of PNB is set transaction limits as well as set restriction to login times.
PNB customers who have a KYC compliant account either individually or jointly, are eligible to avail retail internet banking services.
No, Punjab National Bank does not charge anything for internet banking services. However, customers are required to pay a certain fee for RTGS, NEFT, IMPS, and bill payments.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.