Know the Details about Loan against Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
The Sukanya Samriddhi Account Yojana, also known as girl child prosperity scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account is to ensure a bright future for girl children in India. This yojana is to facilitate them proper education and carefree marriage expenses. The scheme has well been accepted by the masses in wake of the financial security and independence it would provide to the girl child as well as their parents and guardians.
On 23 July 2018, the criteria for minimum annual deposit for the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account has been revised to Rs.250 from the earlier amount of Rs.1,000. Also the interest rate for the July-September quarter is 8.1%.
Key features of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana can be opened for any girl under the age of 10 years
- Only one account is allowed for a girl child
- The account can be opened at any post office or authorized bank
- The minimum amount needed for the opening of the account is Rs 250. Thereafter a multiple of Rs 100 can be deposited to the account considering they maintain a minimum deposit of Rs .250 per year
- The maximum limit for deposits for this account is Rs 1,50,000 per year
- The payment is supposed to be made for 14 years for this scheme. If the account was opened when the age of your girl child was 10 years then you have to pay in this scheme till your girl child age is 10 +14 years.
- The maturity duration of the account is 21 years from the date of when the account was opened.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account is transferable to anywhere in India from a Post office to another or from a bank to another bank.
Loans against Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
We are not new to the concept of availing loans against deposits. Many deposit schemes allow the investor to pledge their deposit and take a loan against it. According to the terms and conditions of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, there can’t be any loan taken against investment made towards the account. Though there is a possibility that this feature might be added on to the policy later, as of now, there is no such provision attached to Sukanya Samriddhi Account.
But the investor always has the option of making partial withdrawals after the girl child attains the age of maturity for the account which is 18 years. The partial withdrawal can be made up to the amount of 50 per cent of the accumulated amount. The money partially withdrawn can in turn be used for the higher education of the girl child or other purposes. This is one of the many attractive features why people are investing in the account.
Sukanya Samriddhi Account is a perfect plan for those who want to financially safeguard their girl child’s future. Another advantageous feature of the Sukanya Samriddhi account is that there is no limit on the number of investments that could be made during a given financial year.
Right now, there are only two institutions in the country where the account can be opened at. Post office already facilitates Sukanya Samriddhi Account. Then there are 28 banks which are authorized by the scheme.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
- SSY Canara Bank
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Documents Required
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana NRI
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest Rate
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Tax Exemption
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Post Office
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Age Limit
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Online Check
- Online Transfer to SSY
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojaa Bank List
- Sukanya Samriddhi Vs Children Mutual Fund
- SBI sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Passbook
- Bank of Baroda Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Eligibility
- Sukanya Samriddhi Vs Fixed Deposit
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account For OCI And PIO
- PNB Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Bank of Maharashtra Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Union Bank Of India Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Premature Withdrawal
- Indian Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Central Bank Of India Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Uco Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Features of Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account In Oriental Bank Of Commerce
- SSY Calculator
- SSY Mobile Application
- Bank of India Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Corporation Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Dena Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- IDBI Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Indian Overseas Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Benefits
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account In Axisbank
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account In SBH
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account In State Bank Of Travancore
- Syndicate Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Beti Padhao Beti Bachao
- Allahabad Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Andhra Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Sbbj Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- SBP Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Vijaya Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- PNB Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Rules Relating To Sukanya Samriddi Account Yojana
- United Bank Of India Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Rbi Rules For Sukanya Samriddhi Account Opening
- Alternative Birth Certificate for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Sukanya Samriddhi Vs Public Provident Fund
- Sukanya Samriddhi Vs Recurring Deposit
- ICICI Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account