Alternative Birth Certificate for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana

The account for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana can be opened with the help of a few simple documents at your nearest post office or bank. Typically, the address proof and identity proof of the guardian/parents of the girl child are mandated!

There are certain times where the parent or legal guardian might not have the birth certificate of the girl child. Most of the childbirths in rural areas happen without any official documentation and there is no paperwork such as a birth certificate to prove it. Birth certificate is one of the important documents that is needed in order to open a Sukanya Samriddhi Account but since there is a possibility many people might not have the certificate, the government has chalked out alternative through which the account can be opened. The parents or legal guardians of the girl child can submit these documents as alternatives in the absence of the birth certificate.

  • A certificate issued by the Headmaster of the school verifying the date of birth of the girl child
  • A certificate issued by the hospital where the girl child was born verifying the date of birth of the girl child
  • Passport of the girl child
  • PAN Card of the girl child
  • Aadhar Card of the girl child.

Documents needed for birth certificate for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana

One can apply for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana at a post office or one of the many designated banks located all over the country. Given below is a list of documents required to apply for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana.

  • Birth certificate of the girl child- The birth certificate is usually provided by the hospitals where the child is born.
  • Address proof of the parent or legal guardian of the girl child- The applicant also needs to submit a proper address proof while applying for the account. The address proof can be anything from a passport to a driving license or a electrical bill.
  • Identity proof of the parent or legal guardian of the girl child- Likewise, passport, PAN Card, Matriculation Certificate, Election ID Card or any other certificate issued by Government of India validating the identity of the concerned person would be valid as an identity proof for opening the account.

Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.

This Page is BLOCKED as it is using Iframes.