Overview about Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
The Sukanya Samriddhi Account Yojana, also known as girl child prosperity scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojanais to ensure a bright future for girl children in India. This yojana is to facilitate them proper education and carefree marriage expenses. The scheme has well been accepted by the masses in wake of the financial security and independence it would provide to the girl child as well as their parents and guardians.
Documents needed for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
One can apply for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana at a post office or one of the many designated banks located all over the country. Given below is a list of documents required to apply for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana.
- Birth certificate of the girl child- The birth certificate is usually provided by the hospitals where the child is born.
- Address proof of the parent or legal guardian of the girl child-The applicant also needs to submit a proper address proof while applying for the account. The address proof can be anything from a passport to a driving license or a electrical bill.
- Identity proof of the parent or legal guardian of the girl child-Likewise, passport, PAN Card, Matriculation Certificate, Election ID Card or any other certificate issued by Government of India validating the identity of the concerned person would be valid as an identity proof for opening the account.
Alternative birth certificate for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
But there are certain times where the parent or legal guardian might not have the birth certificate of the girl child. Most of the childbirths in rural areas happen without any official documentation and there is no paperwork such as a birth certificate to prove it. Birth certificate is one of the important documents that is needed in order to open a Sukanya Samriddhi Account but since there is a possibility many people might not have the certificate, the government has chalked out alternative through which the account can be opened. The parents or legal guardians of the girl child can submit these documents as alternatives in the absence of the birth certificate.
- A certificate issued by the Headmaster of the school verifying the date of birth of the girl child
- A certificate issued by the hospital where the girl child was born verifying the date of birth of the girl child
- Passport of the girl child
- PAN Card of the girl child
- Aadhar Card of the girl child.
- Beti Padhao Beti Bachao
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account In Post Office
- Age Limit under the Sukanya Samriddhi Account Yojana
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Eligibility
- How to Check Sukanya Samriddhi Account Balance
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Premature Withdrawal
- How to Transfer Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Loan against Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Allahabad Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Andhra Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Bank of Baroda Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Sbbj Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- SBP Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Uco Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Union Bank Of India Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Vijaya Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- PNB Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- List of Banks Offering Sukanya Samriddhi Savings Account
- Punjab and Sind Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Rules Relating To Sukanya Samriddi Account Yojana
- United Bank Of India Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Rbi Rules For Sukanya Samriddhi Account Opening
- Alternative Birth Certificate for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Sukanya samriddhi Yojana Account For OCI And PIO
- Sukanya Samriddhi Vs Children Mutual Fund
- Sukanya Samriddhi Vs Fixed Deposit
- Sukanya Samriddhi Vs Public Provident Fund
- Sukanya Samriddhi Vs Recurring Deposit