The RuPay Card is a kind of debit card that comes with your bank account opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana. The card is issued by the National Payment Corporation of India. RuPay Cards are accepted at all ATMs across the country and you can use it for withdrawing cash as and when you need. You can also use this debit card in PoS machines for making cashless payment while purchasing something.
Any issues related to RuPay card is resolved by the National Payment Corporation of India. The card is particularly designed to simplify the process of banking transaction for the needy section of our society.
Banks offer RupPay Cards to illiterate account holder as well. While doing so, the concerned bank person will inform the cardholder about all related risks involved in using the RuPay Card, and how to use it and keep it safe.
Benefits of using a RuPay Card
A RuPay Card holder can enjoy a host of benefits by using the card. Listed below are main benefits offered by RuPay Card.
- A RuPay Card enables you to enjoy faster processing of banking transactions. Your domestic transactions within the country becomes faster and easier.
- The RuPay Card comes with low processing fees which benefits both the Banka as well as the card holder. Since, it is a domestic credit card, bank can charges nominal processing fees on it.
- The RuPay Cards come at lower cost which makes them easily affordable and accessible to all people.
- The card is accepted at over 8.75 lakhs POS terminals, 1 .45 lakhs ATMs, and more than 10000 e-commerce sites.
- The card offers wide range of customized benefits and services to cardholders.
- As the card is used within India only, all transaction details remain within India only.
- Banks offer this card to PMJDY account holders without charging extra processing fees.
- The RuPay cardholders can enjoy accidental insurance coverage up to Rs. 1 lakh without charging any extra cost.
How to keep my RuPay Card safe?
In order to continue enjoying the benefits offered by your RuPay Card, it is important you keep your card safe. By changing your PIN at regular intervals, you can keep it safe. Besides, you should not let anybody know your RuPay Card PIN number. Enter your PIN secretly when you use it at ATMs or POS machines. Don’t use your RuPay Card at unauthorized centers and write your PIN over the card.
- Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana
- Rashtriya Sam Vikas Yojana
- Sampoorna Gramin Rojgar Yojana
- Shyama Prasad Mukherji Urban Mission
- Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme from Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Swarnajayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana
- Valmiki Ambedkar Awaas Yojana
- Vikas Yojana Skill India Program
- 4 Essential-documents About Death Claims
- 7 Ways to Check PF Account Balance
- Banking Ombudsman
- Gold Saving Funds vs Gold ETF
- Gramin Bhandaran Yojana
- Gratuity Calculator and How to Calculate Gratuity
- Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojana
- Pooled Finance Development Fund Scheme
- Salary Definitions for Calculation of Gratuity HRA
- Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan
- Losing Bank Locker Keys Here What You Need to Know