PAN and Aadhar card are both very important documents that are offered by the Government of India. While PAN can be used as a valid ID proof, Aadhaar Card can be used as both ID and address proof. If you are someone who holds both PAN and Aadhaar and want to link these two documents, here is how to do it. In some cases, you will not be able to successfully link your PAN to your Aadhaar Card. Most of the times, the reason your request will be rejected is due to mismatch of information. Please make sure all the information in your PAN Card matches the details in your Aadhaar. In cases of any mismatch, the process to make corrections is mentioned below.
How to make corrections to your PAN Card
It is very important to have all the details on your PAN Card correct. If your name on PAN is misspelt or the date of birth is incorrect, you will not be able to use it as a valid identity proof. If you want to make corrections to your PAN Card, please follow the below procedure:
- Visit NSDL website at https://www.tin-nsdl.com/downloads/pan/downloads-pan.html
- Download the form 49AA
- Fill all the details accurately.
- You will be asked supporting documents for all the information you mention such as age proof, address proof, and proof of identity. The form will have a list of documents that are accepted and instructions to fill the form. Please read them carefully.
- Affix your recent passport size photograph
- Once you have filled all the information, please tick box on the left margin of the appropriate row that requires correction
- Send the application by post to The INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT (Managed by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited), 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune - 411 016.
How To Make Corrections in Aadhaar Card
In some cases, Aadhaar details can be incorrectly entered in the government’s system. Wrong information in Aadhaar Card causes unwanted hassles. The UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has made the process of making corrections to your Aadhaar Card easy and simple. If any of the details in your Aadhaar Card is incorrect and you choose to update it, you can do so by submitting a form. You can update Aadhaar details either offline and online.
The offline method to make changes to your Aadhaar Card
- Download the Correction Form from the UIDAI website
- Navigate to Resources> Enrolment Docs > Download Forms
- Download the Aadhaar Correction Form
- Fill the required details that have to be updated
- You will have to attach necessary supporting documents to whatever changes has to be made
- The updated form along with the attached documents have to be sent to this address: UIDAI, Post Box No - 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad - 500034, India.
The online method to make changes to your Aadhaar Card
- Visit the official UIDAI website at https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number followed by a captcha code to login to your account
- Choose the option that says “OTP.” A One Time Password (OTP) is then sent to the registered number
- Enter the OTP and click the submit button
- Select the fields in your Aadhaar Card that needs to be updated
- Keep a scanned copy of the supporting documents ready as it has to be uploaded
- Once the above step completes, a URN (Update Request Number) is generated. This is required for the further process
- Once the Aadhaar is updated with the new information, a printout can be taken
How to link Pan with Aadhaar
The Income Tax Department allows their taxpayers to link their PAN Card with their Aadhaar Card. Follow the steps below to link your PAN to Aadhaar”
- Visit the Income Tax e-filing portal
- Login using your credentials. Your PAN will be your username.
- Navigate to “Profile Settings” and choose “Link Aadhaar”
- Enter your Aadhaar number in the space provided and click on submit.
- You will receive a popup message on the screen if the linking was successful.