The Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a 10-digit code that is mandatory for all taxpayers. You can apply for a PAN on the official website of UTIITSL and NSDL. Apart from receiving the PAN card to the registered address, you can also download the e-PAN online.
The e-PAN contains all the PAN details and can be stored on your computer or smartphone. You can download the e-PAN from the official website of UTIISTSL or NSDL. It can be used for e-verification in case PAN details are required.
Different Methods to Download e-PAN
The two different methods by which you can download the e-PAN are mentioned below:
1. By visiting the official website of UTIITSL (https://www.myutiitsl.com/PAN_ONLINE/ePANCard)
2. By visiting the official website of NSDL (https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/MPanLogin.html)
Download e-PAN on UTIITSL (Using Date of Birth and PAN Number)
The step-by-step procedure to download the e-PAN from the official website of UTIITSL is mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit https://www.myutiitsl.com/PAN_ONLINE/ePANCard.
Step 2: Next, enter details such as the PAN number, GSTIN number, date of birth, and captcha.
Step 3: Click on ‘Submit’.
Step 4: On the next page, your mobile number and email will be displayed. Check if the details are correct and enter the captcha.
Step 5: Enter the mode of OTP and agree to the terms and conditions.
Step 6: Click on ‘Get OTP’.
Step 7: On the next page, enter the OTP and make the payment.
Step 8: Once the payment has been made, you will be able to download the e-PAN.
Download e-PAN on NSDL (Using Acknowledgement Number)
The step-by-step procedure to download the e-PAN on the official website of NSDL is mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/MPanLogin.html.
Step 2: Enter the acknowledgment number and captcha code.
Step 3: Click on ‘Submit’.
Step 4: On the next page, your email ID and mobile number will be displayed. Check if the details are correct.
Step 5: Select the mode of OTP and click on ‘Generate OTP’.
Step 6: On the next page, enter the OTP and click on ‘Generate OTP’.
Step 7: On the next page, you will be able to download a PDF copy of the e-PAN.
e-Pan Card download by PAN Number
Step 1: Visit the UTIITSL or the NSDL website.
Step 2: Click on ‘Download e-PAN Card’.
Step 3: Provide your PAN Number, date of birth, Aadhaar Number, and GSTN (if applicable).
Step 4: Enter the captcha code shown in the image in the box given below.
Step 5: Check the details provided by you and click ‘Submit’.
Step 6: You will receive a One-Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Start’ to begin the validation process.
Step 7: Once the validation process is completed, click on ‘Download pdf’. Once the document is downloaded, you can open it by providing your password which is date of birth.
e-PAN Card download by Aadhaar
Step 1: visit the income tax department's e-filing website by clicking on the link www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
Step 2: Click on ‘Instant PAN through Aadhaar’ option the ‘’Quick Links’ tab.
Step 3: Click on ‘Get New PAN’.
Step 4: Provide your Aadhaar number.
Step 5: Enter the captcha code given in the image in to the box provided.
Step 6: Click on ‘Generate Aadhaar OTP’.
Step 7: An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP.
Step 8: You will get an acknowledge number sent to you via email and SMS.
How to download ePAN from the incometaxindiaefiling website?
You can download your ePAN from the official incometaxindiaefiling website. You will be required to follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the official website at https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
Step 2: Click on the ePAN beta version in the seacrh option
Step 3: Click on the ‘Check instant ePAN status’
Step 4: In the field provided on the screen, enter the 15-dgit acknowledgement number
Step 5: Enter the Captcha code and click on the ‘Submit’ button
Step 6: Generate the OTP using your registered mobile phone number and email ID and submit the same
Step 7: After this you will be redirected to a new webpage wherein you can track the status of your PAN application. If the ePAN card has already been generated then you can download the same from this tab.
Documents required to download PAN Card
Given below are the documents you will require to download your PAN Card. They are:
- Your updated Aadhaar Card.
- Updated proof of address such as Aadhaar, utility bill, voter id, etc.
PAN Card Download Form
- You can download the Form 49A if you are an Indian citizen, and Form 49AA if you are an NRI from the NSDL website.
- Take a print out and fill the form where all the details must be provided in capital letters.
- Ensure to leave one box blank after submitting one word on each box.
- Field marked with asterisk (*) means that it is compulsory to provide the particular information.
- Photograph sized 3.5cm x 2.5 cm is to be affixed in the box provided on the form. Make sure to only affix the photograph and not staple or clip it.
- AO code, AO number, and AO type are to be provided.
- The impression of your left thumb must be provided within the box on the left side of the form. When signing, make sure your signature does not run across the photograph.
- You will have to get your PAN Card application form attested by a Gazetted Officer or Magistrate under official stamp and seal in case you are providing the impression of your left thumb.
- You will have to provide details of Representative Assessee in the Column 14 of the application form.
PAN Card customer care number
You can get in touch with a PAN Card customer care executive in case of any query or doubt. The executive will ensure to resolve your query.
Given below in the table are the important customer care numbers:
|Income Tax Department||0124-2438000, 18001801961|
|NSDL||020?27218080, (022) 2499 4200|
|UTIITSL||022-67931300, +91(33) 40802999, Mumbai Fax: (022) 67931399|
Get More Information About Pan Card:
Eligibility to Apply for e-PAN
The below-mentioned criteria must be met in order to apply for an e-PAN:
- You should have an Aadhaar Card.
- The details mentioned on the Aadhaar Card must be up to date.
- Your mobile number must be linked to the Aadhaar Card.
- You should not have a PAN.
- You should be an individual taxpayer.
- You should be an Indian citizen.
What is ePAN?
As the name suggests, ePAN is the virtual, electronic version of your PAN card. The ePAN contains all the details of the respective PAN cardholder. Users can download their ePAN from the official NSDL website or the UTIITSL wesbite.
An ePAN has the following details furnished in it -
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
- QR Code
Details mentioned on e-PAN
The below-mentioned details are mentioned on the e-PAN:
- PAN number
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- QR Code
- Your father’s name
PAN Card email ID
List Of Pan Card Office in India 2021
FAQs On Download PAN Card Online
- Is e-PAN a valid proof of PAN?
- Is it possible to apply for a PAN in case the Aadhaar Card is not active?
- What should I do in case I don’t receive the OTP?
- Will I need to submit a scanned copy of the signature and photograph to complete e-KYC?
- Do I need to complete IPV?
Yes, the e-PAN acts as a valid proof of PAN. All the relevant details mentioned on the PAN are mentioned on the e-PAN as well.
No, you cannot apply for a PAN if your Aadhaar Card is not active.
You can reload the page and submit the relevant details to get another OTP. In case you still do not receive the OTP, you can contact UIDAI.
A scanned copy of the photograph and signature need not be submitted to complete e-KYC.
No, the e-KYC process, which is Aadhaar-based, does not need IPV.