The Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a 10-digit code that is mandatory for all taxpayers. You can apply for a PAN on the official website of UTIITSL and Protean eGov Technologies Limited. Apart from receiving the PAN card to the registered address, you can also download the e-PAN online.
The e-PAN contains all the PAN details and can be stored on your computer or smartphone. You can download the e-PAN from the official website of UTIISTSL or NSDL. It can be used for e-verification in case PAN details are required.
Different Methods to Download e-PAN
The two different methods by which you can download the e-PAN are mentioned below:
1. By visiting the official website of UTI Infrastructure Technology Services Limited (UTIITSL)
2. By visiting the official website of Protean eGov Technologies Limited (https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/MPanLogin.html)
Download e-PAN on UTIITSL (Using Date of Birth and PAN Number)
The step-by-step procedure to download the e-PAN from the official website of UTIITSL is mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit Visit https://www.pan.utiitsl.com/PAN_ONLINE/ePANCard.
Step 2: Next, enter details such as the PAN number, GSTIN number, date of birth, and captcha.
Step 3: Click on ‘Submit’.
Step 4: On the next page, your mobile number and email will be displayed. Check if the details are correct and enter the captcha.
Step 5: Enter the mode of One Time Password (OTP) and agree to the terms and conditions.
Step 6: Click on ‘Get OTP’.
Step 7: On the next page, enter the OTP and make the payment.
Step 8: Once the payment has been made, you will be able to download the e-PAN.
Download e-PAN on Protean eGov Technologies Limited (Using Acknowledgement Number)
The step-by-step procedure to download the e-PAN on the official website of Protean eGov Technologies Limited is mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/MPanLogin.html.
Step 2: Enter the acknowledgment number and captcha code.
Step 3: Click on ‘Submit’.
Step 4: On the next page, your email ID and mobile number will be displayed. Check if the details are correct.
Step 5: Select the mode of OTP and click on ‘Generate OTP’.
Step 6: On the next page, enter the OTP and click on ‘Generate OTP’.
Step 7: On the next page, you will be able to download a PDF copy of the e-PAN.
e-Pan Card download by PAN Number
Step 1: Visit the UTIITSL or the Protean eGov Technologies Limited website.
Step 2: Click on ‘Download e-PAN Card’.
Step 3: Provide your PAN Number, date of birth, Aadhaar Number, and GSTN (if applicable).
Step 4: Enter the captcha code shown in the image in the box given below.
Step 5: Check the details provided by you and click ‘Submit’.
Step 6: You will receive a One-Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Start’ to begin the validation process.
Step 7: Once the validation process is completed, click on ‘Download pdf’. Once the document is downloaded, you can open it by providing your password which is date of birth.
Documents required to download PAN Card
Given below are the documents you will require to download your PAN Card. They are:
PAN Card Download Form
- You can download the Form 49A if you are an Indian citizen, and Form 49AA if you are a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) from the Protean eGov Technologies Limited website.
- Take a print out and fill the form where all the details must be provided in capital letters.
- Ensure to leave one box blank after submitting one word on each box.
- Field marked with asterisk (*) means that it is compulsory to provide the particular information.
- Photograph sized 3.5cm x 2.5 cm is to be affixed in the box provided on the form. Make sure to only affix the photograph and not staple or clip it.
- Assessing Officer (AO) code, AO number, and AO type are to be provided.
- The impression of your left thumb must be provided within the box on the left side of the form. When signing, make sure your signature does not run across the photograph.
- You will have to get your PAN Card application form attested by a Gazetted Officer or Magistrate under official stamp and seal in case you are providing the impression of your left thumb.
- You will have to provide details of Representative Assessee in the Column 14 of the application form.
PAN Card customer care number
You can get in touch with a PAN Card customer care executive in case of any query or doubt. The executive will ensure to resolve your query.
Given below in the table are the important customer care numbers:
|Income Tax Department||+91 2027218080|
|NSDL||1800 1020 990/ 1800 224 430|
|UTIITSL||033 4080 2999, +91(33) 40802999, Mumbai Fax: (022) 67931399|
Get More Information About Pan Card:
Eligibility to Apply for e-PAN
The below-mentioned criteria must be met in order to apply for an e-PAN:
- You should have an Aadhaar Card.
- The details mentioned on the Aadhaar Card must be up to date.
- Your mobile number must be linked to the Aadhaar Card.
- You should not have a PAN.
- You should be an individual taxpayer.
- You should be an Indian citizen.
What is ePAN?
As the name suggests, ePAN is the virtual, electronic version of your PAN card. The ePAN contains all the details of the respective PAN cardholder. Users can download their ePAN from the official Protean eGov Technologies Limited website or the UTIITSL wesbite.
An ePAN has the following details furnished in it -
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
- QR Code
Details mentioned on e-PAN
The below-mentioned details are mentioned on the e-PAN:
- PAN number
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- QR Code
- Your father’s name
PAN Card email ID
- Protean eGov Technologies Limited- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- UTIITSL- email@example.com
List Of Pan Card Office in India 2022
FAQs on How to Download e-PAN Online
- Can I use the e-PAN as valid proof?
- Will I need to pay a fee to apply for an e-PAN?
- Should my Aadhaar Card be active to apply for an e-PAN?
- I have not received the OTP, what should I do?
- Will I need to submit any physical documents when applying for an e-PAN?
Yes, the e-PAN can be used as valid proof. The details that are present on a regular PAN will be mentioned on the e-PAN as well.
No, you will not have to pay a fee to apply for an e-PAN.
Yes, your Aadhaar Card must be active to apply for an e-PAN.
In case you do not receive the OTP, the details can be submitted again to get another OTP. If you do receive the OTP again, you can contact UIDAI.
No, you do not need to submit any physical documents when applying for an e-PAN.