The Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a 10-digit code that is mandatory for all taxpayers. You can apply for a PAN on the official website of UTIITSL and NSDL. Apart from receiving the PAN to the registered address, you can also download the e-PAN online.
The e-PAN contains all the PAN details and can be stored on your computer or smartphone. You can download the e-PAN from the official website of UTIISTSL or NSDL. It can be used for e-verification in case PAN details are required.
Eligibility to Apply for e-PAN
The below-mentioned criteria must be met in order to apply for an e-PAN:
- You should have an Aadhaar Card.
- The details mentioned on the Aadhaar Card must be up to date.
- Your mobile number must be linked to the Aadhaar Card.
- You should not have a PAN.
- You should be an individual taxpayer.
- You should be an Indian citizen.
Details mentioned on e-PAN
The below-mentioned details are mentioned on the e-PAN:
- PAN number
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- QR Code
- Your father’s name
Different Methods to Download e-PAN
The two different methods by which you can download the e-PAN are mentioned below:
- By visiting the official website of UTIITSL (https://www.myutiitsl.com/PAN_ONLINE/ePANCard)
- By visiting the official website of NSDL (https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/MPanLogin.html)
Get More Information About Pan Card:
Download e-PAN on UTIITSL (Using Date of Birth and PAN Number)
The step-by-step procedure to download the e-PAN from the official website of UTIITSL is mentioned below:
- Visit https://www.myutiitsl.com/PAN_ONLINE/ePANCard.
- Next, enter details such as the PAN number, GSTIN number, date of birth, and captcha.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
- On the next page, your mobile number and email will be displayed. Check if the details are correct and enter the captcha.
- Enter the mode of OTP and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click on ‘Get OTP’.
- On the next page, enter the OTP and make the payment.
- Once the payment has been made, you will be able to download the e-PAN.
Download e-PAN on NSDL (Using Acknowledgement Number)
The step-by-step procedure to download the e-PAN on the official website of NSDL is mentioned below:
- Visit https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/MPanLogin.html.
- Enter the acknowledgment number and captcha code.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
- On the next page, your email ID and mobile number will be displayed. Check if the details are correct.
- Select the mode of OTP and click on ‘Generate OTP’.
- On the next page, enter the OTP and click on ‘Generate OTP’.
- On the next page, you will be able to download a PDF copy of the e-PAN.
List Of Pan Card Office in India 2020
FAQs On Download PAN Card Online
- Is e-PAN a valid proof of PAN?
- Is it possible to apply for a PAN in case the Aadhaar Card is not active?
- What should I do in case I don’t receive the OTP?
- Will I need to submit a scanned copy of the signature and photograph to complete e-KYC?
- Do I need to complete IPV?
Yes, the e-PAN acts as a valid proof of PAN. All the relevant details mentioned on the PAN are mentioned on the e-PAN as well.
No, you cannot apply for a PAN if your Aadhaar Card is not active.
You can reload the page and submit the relevant details to get another OTP. In case you still do not receive the OTP, you can contact UIDAI.
A scanned copy of the photograph and signature need not be submitted to complete e-KYC.
No, the e-KYC process, which is Aadhaar-based, does not need IPV.