Overview of Reliance Equity Opportunities Mutual Fund
- Type or nature of fund
- Investment objective
- Fund Information
- Rs.100/- per month and thereof in multiples of Re. 1/- for minimum 60 months
- Rs.500/- per month and thereof in multiples of Re. 1/- for minimum 12 months
- Rs.1000/- per month and thereof in multiples of Re. 1/- for minimum 6 months
- Rs.500/- per quarter and thereof in multiples of Re. 1/- for minimum 12 quarters
- Rs.1500/- per quarter and thereof in multiples of Re. 1/- for minimum 4 quarters
- Rs. 5000/- per year and thereof in multiples of Rs. 500/- for minimum 2 years
- Fund manager
Reliance Equity Opportunities mutual fund is an open-ended diversified equity scheme
Reliance Equity Opportunities mutual fund is primarily aimed at generating capital growth and long-term capitalization opportunities by investing in a mix of equity and equity related securities. The secondary objective of this scheme is to generate considerable returns by investing in debt and money market instruments.
|Inception date||•31st March 2005|
|CRISIL rank||•3 under the diversified equity category of funds|
|Options ||Dividend and Growth|
Reliance Equity Opportunities – Retail Plan (G)
Reliance Equity Opportunities – Retail Plan (B)
Reliance Equity Opportunities – Direct Plan (G)
Reliance Equity Opportunities – Direct Plan (B)
Reliance Equity Opportunities – Institutional Plan
|Exit load||1% if redeemed before completion of 1 year, NIL if redeemed after completion of 1 year from date of allotment of units|
|Minimum investment||Minimum investment is Rs.5000 and thereof in multiples of Re.1|
Yes. Following is the break-up for various plans. Minimum investment amount for investing:
|Product label – Risk and target investors||Moderately High, suitable for investors who have a certain risk appetite and are looking forward to a long-term investment plan|
|Benchmark (about the benchmark)||S&P BSE 100 Index|
|Redemption||As per SEBI Regulations, the Mutual Fund is supposed to dispatch Redemption proceeds within 10 Working Days of receiving a valid redemption request from customer. A penal interest of 15% per annum or any other prescribed by SEBI will be paid in case the Redemption proceeds are not made within 10 Working Days of the date of receipt of a valid Redemption request. Under normal circumstances, Reliance Mutual Fund will try to dispatch the redemption cheque within 3-4 working days from the receipt of a valid redemption request.|
|Taxation||There are various types of taxes applicable on mutual fund schemes. This is dependent upon the type of scheme and the kind of funds the scheme is invested in. Customers are advised to get in touch with a professional tax adviser to figure out the exact taxation details for their Reliance Mutual Fund scheme.|
Following are the two fund managers for the Reliance Equity opportunities Fund.
- Sailesh Raj Bhan
- Sailesh is an MBA in finance and has done his CFA course. He has over 12 years of experience in equity research and analysis. Prior to Reliance Mutual Funds, Sailesh has been with financial companies like Emkay Shares, Shah and Sequeira and ICFAI. Following are the funds managed by Sailesh.
- Reliance Top 200 Fund (Erstwhile Reliance Equity Advantage Fund)
- Reliance Pharma Fund
- Reliance Media & Entertainment Fund
- Reliance Equity Linked Saving Fund – Series I
- Various Series of Reliance Dual Advantage Fixed Tenure Fund
- Reliance Close ended equity fund
- Reliance Capital Builder Fund - II - Series A, B & C
- Jahnvee Shah is Fund Manager of Reliance Equity Opportunities for overseas investmnets. She too holds an MBA in finance and Bachelor of Science degrees. Prior to acting as Fund Manager for this mutual fund scheme, Jahnvee was into Capital Asset Management at Reliance. Before this she was an Assistant Editor at Financial Express.
- Investment philosophy or strategy
- A multi-cap, dynamic mutual fund that has the capability to invest heavily overnight in one particular sector if conditions arise
- Aims to invest in sectors that are expected to grow in future and that are not yet appreciated by markets
- Investment in different sectors at different points of time so that better yields are reaped over different points of time
- Fund aims to research deeply about sectors which have limited market interest
- Investment across small, mid and large cap companies to capitalize on the market situation
- Investing in stocks that remain under-valued as well as under-researched
- Portfolio – Sector / Top 10 holdings
- Risk measures –
- Fund Performance
Reliance Equity Opportunities Fund is based on the following investment strategy and philosophy.
Given below is the stock names and the sector break-up of stocks that Reliance Equity Opportunities Fund is holding currently.
|State Bank of India||Banking||Equity||5.22|
|HDFC Bank Ltd.||Banking||Equity||4.43|
|Divi's Labs Ltd.||Pharmaceuticals||Equity||4.17|
|Cummins India Ltd.||Industrial Goods||Equity||3.62|
|Tata Motors Ltd.||Auto||Equity||3.26|
|Alstom T&D India Ltd.||Industrial Capital Goods||Equity||3.21|
|HCL Technologies Ltd.||Software||Equity||3.17|
|Larsen & Toubro Ltd.||Construction Project||Equity||3.15|
|Bharat Forge Ltd.||Industrial Goods||Equity||3.1|
|ICICI Bank Ltd.||Banking||Equity||2.99|
The risk measures listed below have been calculated by taking rolling return for a 3 year period from 31/08/2012 to 31/08/2015
|•Portfolio Turnover Ratio||•0.48|
|•NAV||•Rs.51.8316 as of 1st September, 2015|
|•Expenses, expense ratio||•2.25%|
Following is the benchmark comparison for Reliance Equity Opportunities Fund as per data from May 29th, 2015.
|Compounded Annualised Returns||Scheme Returns %||Benchmark Returns %|
|Returns for the last 1 year||33.21||16.46|
|Returns for the last 3 years||28.18||19.97|
|Returns for the last 5 years||19.38||10.41|
|Returns since inception (Inception date October 08, 1995)||22||15.25|
Absolute Returns for 1, 3 and 5 years are mentioned above.
Expert view of the fund
Reliance Equity Opportunities scheme is a small and mid cap fund that invests in potential stocks that hold growth promise for future. The fund also has exposure to large cap stocks which render stability to your financial portfolio. The fund has been giving a steady return percentage of around 12% to customers who have been invested in the same for 3 years or more. However, Reliance Equity Opportunities fund is not suitable to be made the core investment scheme for your financial portfolio. Customers looking for long-term capital appreciation should go for this fund. Although, investors who have short-term financial goals should refrain from investing in this fund scheme.
How to apply for Reliance Equity Opportunities Mutual Fund
Application for Reliance Equity Opportunities Mutual Fund can be made online as well as offline. For offline application, you will need to visit any of your nearest Reliance Mutual Fund branches and for online application you are required to visit the official website of Reliance Mutual Fund.
In either case you are required to fill and submit an application form along with certain standard documents. Existing investors can login to the company website using their existing user name and password while new customers can create a login and then avail the online fund services. Alternatively, you can avail services of a Reliance financial adviser who will take you through the whole bouquet of funds available at Reliance, from which you can take your most suitable pick.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.