Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth is offered by Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund. It is an open-ended retirement solution oriented scheme that comes with a lock-in period of five years or the attainment of retirement age, whichever comes first.
Investment Objective of Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth
The investment objective of Franklin India Pension Plan – Growth is to generate capital appreciation during the tenure of the investment.
Key Features of Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth
Here are some of the key features of Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth:
|Type of Fund||Open-ended retirement solution oriented scheme|
|Plans Available||Growth plan, Dividend Plan, Direct – Growth Plan, and Direct – Dividend Plan|
|Options Under Each Plan||The Dividend Plan comes with Payout and Reinvestment Options, and the Direct – Dividend Plan also comes with Payout and Reinvestment Options|
|Systematic Investment Plan||Available|
|Systematic Transfer Plan||Available|
|Systematic Withdrawal Plan||Available|
Investment Amount for Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth
|Minimum Application Amount (for Growth option)||The target amount of the scheme is Rs.10,000, and investors can invest either in instalments or in lump sum. In case of investment in instalments, the investor can only invest until he/she attains 60 years of age. The minimum instalment amount is Rs.500.|
|Minimum Additional Investment (for Growth option)||Rs.500 (and in multiples of Re.1 thereof)|
|Minimum Instalment for Systematic Investment Plans||Rs.500|
|Minimum Instalment for Systematic Withdrawal Plan||-|
|Exit Load||In case of redemption of units before the completion of 58 years of age, the exit load applicable shall be 3% of the NAV, and no exit load shall be charged for redemption after completing 58 years of age.|
Asset Allocation for Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth
|Instruments||Allocations (Percentage of total assets)||Risk Profile|
|Equity and equity-related securities, and preference shares||Up to 40%||High to medium|
|Debentures (privately placed, investment grade, etc.) Money market securities Bonds issued by Public Sector Units||Up to 100%||Medium to Low Low Low|
Who can Invest in Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth?
- Resident individuals who are below 60 years of age.
- Guardians or parents for investments on behalf of minors.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) below the age of 60 years.
NAV Disclosure and Benchmark for Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth
The Net Asset Value of the Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth shall be calculated on every business day and made available for viewing on the website of the fund house. It will also be published on the website of the Association of Mutual Funds in India. According to the regulations established by the Securities and Exchange Board of India, the fund will also have to disclose the semi-annual and annual results.
The following formula is used for the calculation of the Net Asset Value of a scheme:
(Fair or market value of the investments made by the scheme + Current assets of the fund – current liabilities) / Number of outstanding shares
Benchmark Index of Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth: Nifty 500 Index (40%) and CRISIL Composite Bond Fund Index (60%)
Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth Fund Manager
Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth is managed by three fund managers. Sachin Padwal-Desai and Umesh Sharma manage the debt portfolio, Lakshmikanth Reddy manages the equity portfolio. Mr. Padwal-Desai has been in charge of the scheme for over 11 years, while Sharma has been around for around eight years. Reddy has been handling the equity portfolio for over two years now. Each fund manager comes with a wealth of experience in the industry, and manages a few other schemes for the fund house.
Investment Restrictions of Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth
The following are the investment restriction of Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth:
- The scheme shall not make investments in any fund of fund schemes.
- The mutual fund is not allowed to advance loans for any reason.
- The mutual fund, under all its schemes, is not allowed to own over 10% of the voting rights of any company.
- The scheme will not make investments in excess of 10% of its Net Asset Value in unrated debt securities issued by a single issuer. Moreover, the overall investment in the aforementioned securities cannot be more than 25% of the scheme’s Net Asset Value.
- In case investments are transferred from one scheme of the fund house to another, the transfer shall be made at the prevailing market price on spot basis, and the securities that are being transferred will have to comply with the investment objective of the scheme to which they are being transferred.
- The scheme will not invest in unlisted securities of the sponsor’s group or associate companies.
- The scheme shall not invest in securities issued via private placement by the sponsor’s group or associate companies.
Dividend Policy of Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth
The Trustee has the right to declare dividends at any time and any frequency it considers appropriate. The frequency at which dividends are declared can be annual, semi-annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly, and daily. The adequacy and availability of distributable surplus will determine the distribution of dividends. The distribution of dividends shall take place within 30 days from the date on which dividends are declared.
Other Facilities Offered by Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth
The following are some of the key facilities offered by Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth:
- Switch/Exchange: Investors have the option to switch or exchange units from one scheme to another provided they are both products of Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund, or units from one plan to another plan of the same scheme at the applicable NAV provided neither of the schemes or plans have any book closure, or the units that are being exchanged do not have any lock-in period, or the amount being exchanged is the same as or more than the minimum investment amount required to open an account in the destination scheme or plan.
- Step Up SIP: This facility is offered for those who invest via Systematic Investment Plans. It basically lets an investor increase the SIP instalment amount by a fixed sum at pre-determined intervals of time, thereby helping investors invest more when their income or savings increase.
- Pause SIP: This facility lets those who invest via SIPs to pause the SIP payment at any time provided they notify the fund house 20 days before the subsequent SIP date. This facility can be availed for SIP registration with quarterly and monthly frequencies, and is allowed for only one instalment.
Why you should invest in Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth
Franklin India Pension Plan - Growth can be a worthwhile investment option as it offers capital appreciation in the long term. It is a great option for those who are nearing retirement age as it will generate wealth to ensure that you have some extra savings when you no longer have a regular source of income.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.